Alaska menus

mrell345

Eileen G, you mentioned that the crab shack was on the Skagway night. Based on the order of menus, it looks like Juneau night had halibut, surf and turf, and king crab legs in the MDR. Is that correct? Was it a formal night (I thought because I thought formals were on at sea days). I’m asking because we want to book Sabbatini’s and/or go to Tracy’s Crab Shack but not for the king crab night! Thanks again for being so thoughtful to post the menus. 

Edited by Floating Prisoner

Yes that is correct. Juneau night had a great menu and it was not formal night. Glacier Bay is formal night with beef wellington and lobster. However after going to the dungeness crab feast in Ketchikan the king crab legs were a disappointment. 

• Thanks 1

Hello! Thank you Eileen G for posting the menus! We are booked on the Island SB in July. Does anyone know the order of the menus on a SB cruise? We are looking to book Specialty Dining, so I was hoping to pick our night/nights according to the MDR menu. Thank you!

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Wow all of this has be rethinking some specialties reservations.  Especially with club class dinning. It seems the main menus are fantastic. 

I don't have Club Class dining, but I am wondering why I would want to book Bayou Cafe or Sabatini's.  I love good Italian food.  I enjoy a properly prepared rib-eye.  Service/ambiance in the specialty restaurants normally is a "cut above" the MDR.  But, with the menus we are seeing, is it worth the extra cost?  Decisions, decisions!

Really appreciate the posting of the menus, one other question, we originally booked Traditional dining for 5:30 but that means we wont be able to eat in the MDR the first day as we are arriving on the train from Denali so i am thinking of changing to anytime.  Has anyone seen what the lineups have been like for anytime on the Coral Alaska segments?

Edited by mrell345

2 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

Really appreciate the posting of the menus, one other question, we originally booked Traditional dining for 5:30 but that means we wont be able to eat in the MDR the first day so i am thinking of changing to anytime.  Has anyone seen what the lineups have been like for anytime on the Coral Alaska segments?

You can eat in the MDR the first night - it just is often open dining.

6 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Really appreciate the posting of the menus, one other question, we originally booked Traditional dining for 5:30 but that means we wont be able to eat in the MDR the first day as we are arriving on the train from Denali so i am thinking of changing to anytime.

As Coral posted, it's my understanding that the dinner on the ship after boarding in Whittier will be open seating for everyone with your assigned dining time given to you when you embark.  Those arriving early will dine at earlier times than those who arrive after them.

I chose late seating for dinner, but expect to be embarking early afternoon.  For that first night, I"ll gladly eat dinner early so that I can be on deck for sailaway.  Then, time for a visit to the Horizon Court , maybe?

18 minutes ago, PandaBear62 said:

Is it likely that the Royal has the same menus?

Thanks

Yes. The speciality restaurants may be different per ship - the Coral has Bayou vs Royal doesn't.

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yes. The speciality restaurants may be different per ship - the Coral has Bayou vs Royal doesn't.

Thanks. Our kids got us dinner at a specialty restaurant for Mother's Day and these menus help plan when we might want to go.

4 minutes ago, PandaBear62 said:

Thanks. Our kids got us dinner at a specialty restaurant for Mother's Day and these menus help plan when we might want to go.

The first day they often have a time to speak to the Matride and sign up for speciality restaurants (though you can sign up at anytime). You can ask what night they are serving whatever menu you want to skip and then sign up at that time for speciality restaurants.

Thanks for the weekly menus!

We are one the Coral southbound on the 7/17/19 cruise with our 13 year old grandson. While he is not a picky eater, is there a children's menu to choose from?

Grendpa Hal

Edited by HS2BS
Spelling corection

15 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

We are one the Coral southbound on the 7/17/19 cruise with our 13 year old grandson. While he is not a picky eater, is there a children's menu to choose from?

Grendpa Hal

Use the link above.

It hasn't changed forever. He can always ask for a hot dog, hamburger, bacon cheeseburger, fries, the chicken fingers are actually breast strips breaded, the spaghetti is actually pretty good. He can always ask the waiter for something and if they can't do it that night, they can do it the next night.

Edited by Coral

9 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Grendpa Hal

While there is a children's menu, if he's not picky, he should take advantage of being able to order whatever he wants, as much as he wants, from the adult menu.  It's a great opportunity to try new things.

• 2 months later...

On Island SB now. Menus very similar though not 100% the same. Escargot instead of shrimpcargot for example. Also, Italian menu moved a couple of days later to Ketchikan. Crab Shack also Ketchikan night. 

Formal nights were Hubbard (day 2) and Juneau (day 5) which was different than I saw posted elsewhere. First night and Skagway (day 4) were anytime dining shipwide. No issue sitting when we went (Skagway 6:15 or so)

-John

On 6/2/2019 at 6:25 AM, HS2BS said:

Grendpa Hal

A 13 year old seems kind of old to be choosing from the children's menu.

7 hours ago, brisalta said:

A 13 year old seems kind of old to be choosing from the children's menu.

I am an adult and sometimes order from the kid's menu. They have a great salad, spaghetti and when I am not feeling well, I have ordered the chicken broth soup. Have also ordered the burgers.

My Mom in her 60's ordered the spaghetti as an appetizer most meals.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1