Cabin selection Explorer of the seas

Looking for some advice. We have been on several cruises and have been in Aft rooms, which I love but not convinced I would like the infrastructure in the way on Explorer.

We are a family of 6: Self, husband, 10 year old, 11 year old, my adult son 29, and mother. We are needing 2 rooms preferably beside each other and have several options. I'm looking for thoughts on these cabins. 

1. 7th floor aft corner and one next to it
  2. 8th floor aft corner and one next to it
  3. 10th floor aft corner and one next to it
  4. 2 hump balconies that are next to each other.

Which would you choose? Cost difference is minimal only $25pp separates them.

I'd go for the aft balconies if your priority is to have a large balcony.

I'd go for the hump balconies if you would rather be close to the stairs and elevators.

No balcony dividers open on Explorer, so that is not an issue here.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd go for the aft balconies if your priority is to have a large balcony.

I'd go for the hump balconies if you would rather be close to the stairs and elevators.

No balcony dividers open on Explorer, so that is not an issue here.

But which balcony would you recommend? 10th floor bigger room but solid wall. others smaller room hole in balcony wall ugh too much to decide. 🤔

If balcony size is the most important thing then go for the aft. Having said that we are big aft lovers and wanted a JS for the Transpacific on Explorer, we deliberated long and hard about whether to get one on the aft. It didn't bother my hubbie but I hated the infrastructure; could never take a decent photo - we usually enjoy sailaways from our aft balcony but it never felt the same, it particularly spoiled the sailaway from Sydney. I also love a big balcony but would forego one in future not to have the structure obstructing the view or to never have sun on the balcony.

2 hours ago, kstan said:

Looking for some advice. We have been on several cruises and have been in Aft rooms, which I love but not convinced I would like the infrastructure in the way on Explorer.

We are a family of 6: Self, husband, 10 year old, 11 year old, my adult son 29, and mother. We are needing 2 rooms preferably beside each other and have several options. I'm looking for thoughts on these cabins. 

1. 7th floor aft corner and one next to it
  2. 8th floor aft corner and one next to it
  3. 10th floor aft corner and one next to it
  4. 2 hump balconies that are next to each other.

Which would you choose? Cost difference is minimal only $25pp separates them.

#1 if you want one of the biggest balconies on the ship + a big balcony

#3 if you want the largest cabin in that category on the ship + two big balconies

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

i have never been in those cabins so I can't say.....but if you can get the 2 bedroom grand suite-2 bathrooms and a really big veranda...best of all worlds for 6 people...plus suite benefits..do it

Just to note:

Six people in the (former) RFS means either four people in the interior room, with two on pullman beds or two in the interior and two in the living room on the sofabed.

I suppose that you could take the master bedroom, give Mom the sofabed, and make adult son sleep in the interior with the two kids.  😉 

My DW loves the deck 7 corners. I prefer the deck 10 corners. Guess which cabin we have booked on our next Explorer cruise?

Deck 8 and 9 have that weird door that makes the cabin very dark.

Thanks to all that book hump cabins and leave that LONG walk to us "wakers".

Edited by Beachammo

Gidday!

DH & I had 7388 with the enormous balcony and our adult kids had 7390 which was at least twice the depth of a Spacious Balcony along the side on the same deck.

I did a review that has a couple of photos, https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=614728

We didn't mind the walk, but the privacy was wonderful.

It wasn't dark, just covered, I still managed to get sunburn, lol.

The kids had loungers and a table and chairs also.

Check you tube for videos, any Voyager Class ship will give you the information you need.

Have booked Deck 7 afts on our next trip.

Happy cruising!

TraceyG 😊