tea - unsweetened?

bjfitz0703

Yes, it's unsweetened and I read online before my cruise that it was terrible, but I thought it was good. I always drink unsweetened ice tea so I liked it. I never like the really strong stuff you find in those large tea canisters at fast food places. The tea on Carnival just tasted like regular brewed tea. My son likes sweetened tea so he would use the tea bags and hot water to make it and add sugar because you can't just add sugar to cold tea and get it sweet enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Understand coffee and iced tea is "free".  Is the iced tea unsweetened?  Thanks 

Where are you from?

If you are from the south and sweet tea is sacred to you, then that crap is awful on the ship. When we land in Charlotte coming home I run to the Bojangle's in the airport just so I can finally get to taste the nectar of the Gods as it should be. 😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jmcathome said:

It is unsweetened. If want to sweeten it I have found best way is to mix tea and lemonade from the canister beside the tea. Both tea and lemonade are free.

That is called an Arnold Palmer The wife drinks it all the time. Believe it or not. Most all table help will know it as that.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ideb said:

Yes, it's unsweetened and I read online before my cruise that it was terrible, but I thought it was good. I always drink unsweetened ice tea so I liked it. I never like the really strong stuff you find in those large tea canisters at fast food places. The tea on Carnival just tasted like regular brewed tea. My son likes sweetened tea so he would use the tea bags and hot water to make it and add sugar because you can't just add sugar to cold tea and get it sweet enough.

I found it just fine. I liked it! I’d fill my yeti cup.

• Like 2

I don't really like it and iced tea is really the only non alc I like.  I take my own tea bags (rasp green tea, black tea, whatever I have), use about 4 oz of hot water to "brew" it and then add ice and cold water in my tumbler cup I bring to make a nice 23 oz iced tea.  The tea bags don't take up space and weight next to nothing so I  bring them each time.  Have a great trip!

5 hours ago, deadmoney said:

I drink iced tea every day.

Perhaps I am an ice tea snob because My opinion is that their "ice tea" is terrible.

I'm not an iced tea snob.  I like sweetened and unsweetened iced tea.  I can tolerate varying levels of strength. I thought the iced tea onboard was gross.  I also don't like the lemonade because of the pulp in it.

Edited by Tiger0613

On 5/21/2019 at 11:03 PM, JCinATL said:

As a southerner who drinks freshly-brewed iced tea on a regular basis, I was pleasantly surprised that the machine-generated tea on Carnival was not terrible.

I agree.  I like lots of ice then fill with tea so it's super cold.  DH likes Arnold Palmers - mix ice tea and lemonade. 

We drink the tea every day with lunch and always grab a glass if we're sitting around out on deck at other times.

30 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

I also don't like the lemonade because of the pulp in it.

Thinking back on our last 3 carnival cruises I don't remember any pulp in any of my lemonade and since I really hate pulp in my drinks I would remember if I had to pass on the lemonade because of pulp 😕

15 hours ago, jdemps said:

I don't really like it and iced tea is really the only non alc I like.  I take my own tea bags (rasp green tea, black tea, whatever I have), use about 4 oz of hot water to "brew" it and then add ice and cold water in my tumbler cup I bring to make a nice 23 oz iced tea.  The tea bags don't take up space and weight next to nothing so I  bring them each time.  Have a great trip!

Not only do they have those teas on the ship, but many others to choose from..

On 5/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, jdemps said:

10 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Not only do they have those teas on the ship, but many others to choose from..

The only free tea Carnival has are Liptons black, Liptons decaf black, and Liptons Green. Any other flavored teas are available for sale at the coffee bar or Blue Java cafe and are usually from ArtofTea.

Another alternative is to bring some single serving packs of Crystal Light to put in water or tea. I take a yeti filled with Crystal light off ship in ports and buy the single serving bottles of alcohol  (usually @ $2) to spike it - 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, jdemps said:

My mistake. Have not cruised carnival in awhile. Royal, Princess and celebrity always have a very wide variety of teas available. About 8 or 10 if I recall, maybe even more. At tea time or in the MDR they bring a box divided up with the tea bags. Same at the coffie bar. In the buffet they are offered at the coffee and drinks station. MY wife loves her tea.

2 minutes ago, simplelife said:

Another alternative is to bring some single serving packs of Crystal Light to put in water or tea. I take a yeti filled with Crystal light off ship in ports and buy the single serving bottles of alcohol  (usually @ $2) to spike it - 

$2.00 an oz. nice price.