MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

I'm working on my status match form. I'm Hilton Diamond. On the form they want the issue date of card. Do they want the date I became diamond or the date  I got my first status card? And does it even matter? Also I've only got the digital card from the website does that work?  TIA

7 hours ago, Kleeeee said:

I'm working on my status match form. I'm Hilton Diamond. On the form they want the issue date of card. Do they want the date I became diamond or the date  I got my first status card? And does it even matter? Also I've only got the digital card from the website does that work?  TIA

I just applied and sent a screen shot of my digital Hilton diamond card from the website that only indicated date I became a Hilton member. I just received my diamond status approval from MSC Yesterday.

• Like 1

Just booked our first cruise on MCS in the Yacht Club. We are Sapphire with NCL. I have paid the deposit, final payment is due on Dec 4th. If I apply for status match, will I get the 5% discount? Do you know what the status match for Sapphire would be on MSC?

On 11/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, Jimmycruiser said:

I just applied and sent a screen shot of my digital Hilton diamond card from the website that only indicated date I became a Hilton member. I just received my diamond status approval from MSC Yesterday.

I did the same exact same thing with my Hilton Gold membership card on Thursday and received Gold Status from MSC.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:54 PM, jjjct said:

Just booked our first cruise on MCS in the Yacht Club. We are Sapphire with NCL. I have paid the deposit, final payment is due on Dec 4th. If I apply for status match, will I get the 5% discount? Do you know what the status match for Sapphire would be on MSC?

Our TA got me the 5% added and $50 pp OBC after I got the status match which was a couple of days after booking with my TA.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 5:07 PM, bob brown said:

I received my status match sometime early in 2021, not sure of the exact date, but it might have been January...again, not sure.   I took my first MSC cruise from October 21 -October 28, 2021 

According to the 'fine print' on the Voyager's Club status, it said I had to sail at least once every three years to maintain the status and points earned.  

So by that, I interpret I must begin another cruise by October 28, 2024.

A bit late, but I noticed this didn't get an answer...

It is the end of the cruise date that matters, not the start, so the 01/11/24 date you are seeing should relate to 1st November 2024 (European date format)

So to maintain status your next cruise needs to end before 1st November '24

58 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

A bit late, but I noticed this didn't get an answer...

It is the end of the cruise date that matters, not the start, so the 01/11/24 date you are seeing should relate to 1st November 2024 (European date format)

So to maintain status your next cruise needs to end before 1st November '24

Thanks, but that is even more confusing, however now a moot point, as I am booked on the Seashore from 7 to 14 January 2024...

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

Thanks, but that is even more confusing, however now a moot point, as I am booked on the Seashore from 7 to 14 January 2024...

Nothing about MSC is simple... 🙂

Here is the actual wording in the T&Cs...

1.5 Length of Membership
MSC Voyagers Club Membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every three
years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruise
has been completed in 3 years after the enrolment date, membership to the
MSC Voyagers Club program will expire.
For example: if the last disembarkation date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed
by 30.01.2018, the membership will expire.
If the registration date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed by 30.01.2018, the
membership will expire.

The expiry shown on the Voyagers account seems to run for 3 years from the date they last updated the points total which isn't the same as their Terms...

The important point to focus on for maximum safety is to ensure the disembarkation date of your next cruise is within 3 years of the disembarkation date of your last cruise...

Arguably the date they show on the website should be honored, but it doesn't explicitly state that it is an expiry date hence to avoid any risk I'd aim for a few days earlier to ensure it is within 3 years of the previous disembarkation date.

You are clearly fine though with a January cruise booked.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

You've got 901 years to get it done. 🤪

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

You've got 901 years to get it done. 🤪

😂😂fat finger should be 2024 lol

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, Kleeeee said:

I filled out the form for myself and my husband and both times skipped that part because I don’t have the exact date that I became Elite with Princess. You’ll notice also that there is no asterisk on that particular question so it’s not mandatory. I did however have a LOT of issues in just getting the form to send. Took multiple attempts with mine and also with my husband’s. 

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed MSC once back in 2018 and did the status match with Celebrity. I thought it was to Black level but when I checked their website last year it was showing me at Diamond, with an expiration date of 12/31/23 (which was later than it should have been). We have a cruise booked for March, and I was thinking we would not have status (not a huge deal since we are doing YC), but just logged in and see that I am still diamond with a 10/2027 expiration. Has anyone else experienced this? I figured I would have to try applying for the status match again, which I understand is supposed to be a one-time thing but have read others say that they were able to do.

Edited by MisterBill99

This is our first time on MSC, or any cruise line for that matter.

We have Expedia Gold, which I read on a list somewhere, should match with MSC Gold.

I submitted my Expedia screenshot and got matched to Silver in a couple of days.

Hey ho that's life.