RCL email - stateroom not accommodate

Hi All,

I booked my cruise through the RCL website last January for my cruise this coming February. I have repriced this stateroom at least 2 times now, on Oasis of the Seas. 

Now I get an email from RCL that they will contact me because my stateroom is not able to accomodate the number of people I have in my cabin, which is 4 people. 2 adults and 2 kids. 

Can anyone shed some light what this email might really be about, because I do not believe that my stateroom can not accommodate 4 people especially since it has a sofa bed. 

Hi! I received a similar email today telling me the stateroom wouldn't accommodate my party. (It's a balcony stateroom for a party of 3!) I called the number in the email. At first the rep wasn't sure and had to put me on hold. After some time of being on hold, he told me the Oasis was being refurbished and that my statement room number itself would not change, and it would accommodate the 3 of us. What is changing is the category. But he said all the amenities would be the same. He also told me after today or tomorrow, I would not be able to access my reservation online for a few weeks.

Hope that helps!

1 minute ago, coolio111 said:

Looks like it has a sofa bed, as you said.  I looked at the future deck plan too, after May 3, 2020, and it still shows the sofa bed.

I don't get it.

18 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

Hi All,

I booked my cruise through the RCL website last January for my cruise this coming February. I have repriced this stateroom at least 2 times now, on Oasis of the Seas. 

Now I get an email from RCL that they will contact me because my stateroom is not able to accomodate the number of people I have in my cabin, which is 4 people. 2 adults and 2 kids. 

Can anyone shed some light what this email might really be about, because I do not believe that my stateroom can not accommodate 4 people especially since it has a sofa bed. 

Could be there system having issues.  I tried to price a beverage package last night for my October cruise and it told me I could not buy anything because my cruise was 1 day away and purchases were closed. 😱😄  Today, my cruise is just fine and I can see sale prices on beverage packages.

There are staterooms with a single sofa bed that can only berth 3 passengers, but your stateroom shows a max berth of 4 people. There is the refurb, but that stateroom is a 1D balcony with a double sofa bed now, and still shows as a 1D with double sofa bed after the refurb.

Probably some sort of IT glitch

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Looks like it has a sofa bed, as you said.  I looked at the future deck plan too, after May 3, 2020, and it still shows the sofa bed.

I don't get it.

Bob, I just received this same e mail for my own personal cruise as well as for several clients and talked to a redeployment rep.

What is happening is that several staterooms in several categories are being reclassified due to issues with lifeboat capacity in different muster stations creating issues.  During the drydock a few weeks ago some of the cabins that held 4 were reconfigured to hold only 2 while some cabins that held 2 were reconfigured to hold 4.  All the reclassification will be done in the next 3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Could be there system having issues.  I tried to price a beverage package last night for my October cruise and it told me I could not buy anything because my cruise was 1 day away and purchases were closed. 😱😄  Today, my cruise is just fine and I can see sale prices on beverage packages.

Different issue.

14 minutes ago, tayloire said:

Hi! I received a similar email today telling me the stateroom wouldn't accommodate my party. (It's a balcony stateroom for a party of 3!) I called the number in the email. At first the rep wasn't sure and had to put me on hold. After some time of being on hold, he told me the Oasis was being refurbished and that my statement room number itself would not change, and it would accommodate the 3 of us. What is changing is the category. But he said all the amenities would be the same. He also told me after today or tomorrow, I would not be able to access my reservation online for a few weeks.

Hope that helps!

There were 2 different e mails that were sent out.  Some will require the person to change staterooms while others will be ok in their existing stateroom but the category will change.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, I just received this same e mail for my own personal cruise as well as for several clients and talked to a redeployment rep.

What is happening is that several staterooms in several categories are being reclassified due to issues with lifeboat capacity in different muster stations creating issues.  During the drydock a few weeks ago some of the cabins that held 4 were reconfigured to hold only 2 while some cabins that held 2 were reconfigured to hold 4.  All the reclassification will be done in the next 3 weeks.

I wonder if this is due to the addition of staterooms?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No staterooms have been added yet.  It has been an ongoing issue in trying to maximize possible potential guests in each muster station.  

Well, I hope they can accommodate the people already booked without making them change ship or sailing date.

I just got off the phone with one of the RC reps and she told me they're going through recategorizing some of the cabins. I asked if it was possible that we may not have to change our cabin and she said, no it looks like your room will no longer hold 3 people. She gave no indication as to where we would end up. All she could tell me was that once the recategorizing was finished, RC would be calling those of us who needed to be relocated. She assured me our booking and rate would be protected. I guess only time will tell. What's frustrating is that we have family booked down the hall from us now, so unless they keep some triples on deck 9 (our current location), it's going to make things more difficult within our group.