Cozumel Day pass El Cid?

LynnTTT

We are on the Carnival Victory in Cozumel on July 17.    We heard the El Cid Beach Resort has an inexpensive pass and is near the ship.

However, the cost is much higher on the web site.

Has anyone had personal experience with this resort ?  Or any other. Mr Sancho's get good reviews, but it closes at 5:00 and we are scheduled to dock at 1:00 PM.  So if we're a little late and don't get in till 2:00 or so, that's a lot of money to pay for 3 hours.

Playa Mia  Anyone been there?  

On 5/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, LynnTTT said:

We are on the Carnival Victory in Cozumel on July 17.    We heard the El Cid Beach Resort has an inexpensive pass and is near the ship.

However, the cost is much higher on the web site.

Has anyone had personal experience with this resort ?  Or any other. Mr Sancho's get good reviews, but it closes at 5:00 and we are scheduled to dock at 1:00 PM.  So if we're a little late and don't get in till 2:00 or so, that's a lot of money to pay for 3 hours.

Playa Mia  Anyone been there?  

Not sure what website you are looking at but as far as I know you cannot pre-book the less expensive pass. There are some third party sites that do the AI  and twilight passes but we have always paid directly in the lobby on the day. 

It has been several years since our last visit but i always received a reply by email quite promptly and i would suggest checking current direct prices ( which used to be less) and if the less expensive pass is still available.

we have found it a satisfactory resort when we have just wanted a few hours off the ship and have done PAYG and inexpensive pass where you get a credit towards food and drink. For full AI we prefer the amenities at Park Royal. El Cid is a small resort that offers food, drink, pool tennis courts, snorkeling, spa and wifi ( similar to the ship) so if you are looking for a lot of activities you may be disappointed. We have always used the credit towards the menu but some recent cruisers suggested you had to take the buffet (which is very limited) but that may depend on time of year and how busy the resort is.

Not sure where you are sailing from and whether you are quoting ship time but keep in mind Cozumel is now on EST year round so it will be one hour behind Florida at the moment.

2 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Several years ago they had a rate of $15 that included all facilities but no food or drinks. 

That was like the pass we bought but it had $8/10? towards food and drink. The last report I read said it was $20 for the pass with $10 credit but that was a while ago and I don't know if it is still offered.

Edited by c-leg5

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

That was like the pass we bought but it had $8/10? towards food and drink. The last report I read said it was $20 for the pass with $10 credit but that was a while ago and I don't know if it is still offered.

Yes I forgot about the credit- it was 4 years ago. We did enjoy it but there is no beach. 

4 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Yes I forgot about the credit- it was 4 years ago. We did enjoy it but there is no beach. 

True, the coast is iron shore so the loungers are on a man-made sandy area. There is a tiny beach cove! Not sure of the day pass hours as we hav3 only ever done a few hours there but i do know they also used to offer a twilight pass if you are in port until late.

Park Royal has a day pass from 11 until 6 and also a late pass I think. They have a small beach (but bigger than El Cid) and it does have loungers and palapas. They have several pools and a more extensive inside buffet as well as snack bars and coffee shop. 

El Cid and Park Royal are hotels near the International Pier.   

For the cost, I personally wouldn't even consider them.  Hop in a taxi and go south to one of the beautiful BEACH CLUBS.  Mr Sanchos, Nachi Coccom, Paradise Beach, Playa Corona, Money Bar, etc.  

• 3 weeks later...