What are your favorite dessert in Britannia?

lovetotraveltx

10 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

First time on QM2. Please tell me your favorites when you dine there, especially desserts?? Thank you!

I love any of the souffles, but the chocolate one is the best!

They also do a great beef Wellington as a main course. The lobster tails can be nice, but they are often rubbery so I give them a miss :)

I agree that most of the chocolate desserts are very good. That's what I tend to gravitate toward. I especially like the chocolate lava cake.

On the subject of baked Alaska, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't offered on either of my recent April crossings and only on one of our two crossings last year. That used to be a staple of the last formal evening menu, along with the beef Wellington and lobster tail. But apparently not so much anymore.

33 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

The ice creams are fantastic - my understanding is that they're all made on board.

Yes it’s great isn’t it?  I’m sure the ice cream I got in Britannia Club was the same as is served in Queens Grill - it’s all really good (apart from the Coconut but that’s just my preference 🙂 )

It’s another vote for the souffles from me. My favourite is the one with limoncello sauce. I also really like the desserts made with dark chocolate. 

At the other end of the meal, I do like the consommés and the seafood starters. 

• Like 1

On the first night of a Crossing that we took last September, I asked the waiter in the Britannia MDR if they ever had Rum Raisin ice cream. He asked me if I liked Rum Raisin, to which i replied that it was my favorite. He then asked me, if they had it, how many nights would I eat it. I told him ever night. He then replied that starting the next night, I would have my Rum Raisin ice cream. It was amazing, easily the best I ever had. I had two scoops every night. On the last night he brought me three scoops. I was told later that it was made on the ship to my order.

Jack

IMG_2142.thumb.JPG.31db23552fb4f34377d25e6fbff13bd2.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vannerhawk said:

Try the honey ginger ice cream - my favourite or the Florentine basket

I'm with you Vannerhawk. These are two of my favourites along with maple and walnut ice cream and one of the chocolate desserts which has a slightly crispy texture to it. I never remember which it is so it is always a lovely surprise when I manage to order it! 

The ice creams and sorbets are indeed fantastic. My personal favourite is the salted caramel. 

Chocolate desserts are excellent too, with the chocolate lava cake being good enough for a second helping! 

I had sticky toffee pudding in the Golden Lion. It was excellent. I am hoping to have it again when I go. 

I intensely dislike raspberries. Our crossing was in August and berries and berry desserts were ubiquitous. On the first night, I asked my server to please make sure I didn’t receive raspberries as garnish or any raspberry sauce. I made sure he knew I am NOT allergic, I just don’t like them, and the smell and taste permeates everything to me.  For the whole crossing I never had a raspberry on any plate. It was just lovely. As I was traveling with a large (35+) group, we had several tables assigned and didn’t always sit at the same one. However, the info was passed along and even with different tables and servers I never had to contend with accidental berries. 

One day I had dessert and another person at the table had a different one (I don’t remember what it was - they were all so yummy!) and I said “Ooh, I should have had THAT!”. I guess I said it while a server was walking past, as a minute later he showed up with a small plate of the dessert just for me. 

Edited by Tonopah
  • Like 1