Smoothies on Classic Beverage Package?

GoHoward

Hi all - my wife doesn't drink alcohol, but loves smoothies. We will both have the CBP for an upcoming sailing on Summit (our first cruise with Celebrity) -- the material on the beverage packages states that fresh juice is included with the CBP, but only the Premium BP includes smoothies.

Since smoothies are $6 - less than the $9 per-drink CBP limit, is it possible to order smoothies with the CBP? Or is there an upcharge - or even worse - is the full price charged?

Thank in advance for your help! 

1 hour ago, GoHoward said:

Hi all - my wife doesn't drink alcohol, but loves smoothies. We will both have the CBP for an upcoming sailing on Summit (our first cruise with Celebrity) -- the material on the beverage packages states that fresh juice is included with the CBP, but only the Premium BP includes smoothies.

Since smoothies are $6 - less than the $9 per-drink CBP limit, is it possible to order smoothies with the CBP? Or is there an upcharge - or even worse - is the full price charged?

The last cruise I was on I could order a virgin daiquiri or colada on the Classic, but not the smoothies from the Aqua Cafe.  I was also able to get iced coffee from the coffee shop.

Real smoothies are available at the Aqua Spa Cafe. With the classic package you will have to pay the full charge. Unlike regular drinks wher you only pay the upcharge/difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoHoward said:

The worse scenario:  full price.  

If you are paying the full price for the Classic Package, you may want to re-consider and pay for the smoothies.

The smoothies are not on the Classic Beverage Package.  You have to pay full price for one.  I tried to change my Free Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Non-Alcoholic just after boarding but they would only let me do that if I paid them more $.  It made no sense so I just left it as a Classic Beverage Package.

I just ordered Virgin Daiquiris and the blended coffee drinks from Al Baico.

I did frequent the Aqua Cafe a few times and I often saw full or almost full smoothies just lying around.  Made me glad I didn't pay for one if others didn't seem to enjoy them. 

The smoothies from Aqua Spa aren't included on the Classic Alcohol (CAL) package.

If you purchased the CALs, return one and purchase the Premium Beverage Package, which costs less, includes smoothies and premium waters. The CAL does include virgin frozen cocktails, such as virgin mudslide, virgin pina coladas. 

If you have the CALs as an included perk, go to guest services as soon as you board. Ask one of the nice crew members there to exchange the CAL for a premium non-alcohol package. We have done this many times for my husband. Sometimes, we upgrade my CAL to a premium alcohol package at the same time. The last time, the person at the desk had to call her supervisor for permission and instructions. A few community members have posted that they were charged the difference between a classic non alcohol and a premium non-alcohol for the exchange. We have never been charged.

Yes they were last October.    They were usually served warm and were not appetizing.   They do make them to order, but you will have to wait until they have time to make your smoothie.    There is usually only one attendant in the Aqua Spa Cafe by the pool.

The ones served in the Blu Restaurant are included but there are only two or three kinds.

26 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Yes they were last October.    They were usually served warm and were not appetizing.   They do make them to order, but you will have to wait until they have time to make your smoothie.    There is usually only one attendant in the Aqua Spa Cafe by the pool.

The ones served in the Blu Restaurant are included but there are only two or three kinds.

Sounds like it's not worth it to change a package for the smoothies.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if Smoothies are included in the Premium Drink Package? 

Yes, they were included in both the Premium Drink Package and the Premium Non-Alcoholic package.

We had one of each.

It seems strange that they are not included in the Classic packages since they fall within the price limit for them.

How good they are seems to vary depending on who makes them,   just as they do at the Captain's Club breakfast.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marelaine said:

If you have the CALs as an included perk, go to guest services as soon as you board. Ask one of the nice crew members there to exchange the CAL for a premium non-alcohol package. We have done this many times for my husband. Sometimes, we upgrade my CAL to a premium alcohol package at the same time. The last time, the person at the desk had to call her supervisor for permission and instructions. A few community members have posted that they were charged the difference between a classic non alcohol and a premium non-alcohol for the exchange. We have never been charged.

Thanks - we both have the Classic Beverage Package included as a perk - I will ask Guest Services to change my wife's package to the Premium Nonalcoholic option, as she doesn't drink at all. I enjoy some of the higher end wines, and will be upgrading my package to Premium...hopefully that will help smooth any potential protests from the front desk 🙂

• Like 1