$19 laundry -- how?

JasonShen

I read from several posts that there are $19 laundry per bag on NCL ships. I am now cruising with NCL Joy and all I could find is a bag in our room with a price list with the cost for each item. Could someone please tell me how this $19 laundry per bag works? Thanks.

You could call or visit Guest Services for more information - - -

That $19 is NCL rounded up to $19.95 (only happens at NCL).

The Laundry thread pops up at least once a week and has 30-50 posts to it - - -

Page back 3-5 pages and you find one with all the juicy dirty launderable details you seek - - -

17 hours ago, JasonShen said:

I read from several posts that there are $19 laundry per bag on NCL ships. I am now cruising with NCL Joy and all I could find is a bag in our room with a price list with the cost for each item. Could someone please tell me how this $19 laundry per bag works? Thanks.

You will get a flyer in  your room. The service is offered on Day 4. It is two day service returning on the night of Day 6. 

Make sure you list each item on the laundry receipt with your name and cabin number. I thought writing on the bag was enough and my carefully stuffed bag was returned. I had to start over so I could list each item. I make the mistakes so you won't have to.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of the replies. At this time (Day 4) I still have not received any flyer, and my housekeeper did not know about this promotion at all (that surprised me). Should I simply put my items in the bag and list all items and hand to my housekeeper tomorrow?

Thanks.

It shouldn’t make any difference that it is your first NCL cruise. This service if offered generally.

I wouldn’t just go ahead regardless as you may end up paying full price.

Your room steward may not know anything about it, as all they are really doing is picking the bags up. You would have thought that they would know but sometimes it can be surprising what people don’t know.

Its odd that you haven’t seen anything. I would ask at guest services.

I suppose that it is possible that it isn’t offered on the Joy. I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t be, but you never know.

The third night into the cruise (of a 7 day) you should have found the Daily Newsprint and details about

the laundry service on your bed left by the cabin attendant doing his turndown service.

Not there ? - Call Guest Services !

Inventory the items with the sheet provided and place that in the bag with the clothes -

have ready for your cabin attendant the next morning (day 4) by a suggested 9am -

finished laundry returned depending on ship usually about 4pm the following day or maybe on day 6.

I have experienced it both ways day 5 and day 6 - day 6 is dicey in that you are packing up and preparing

to disembark soon and you have already used clothing from days 1-2-3 leaving a mix & match wardrobe in

limited pieces and parts - oh dear what to wear getting off the ship - does this look fashionable ?

On a humorous note: If putting your luggage out for NCL porter pick-up the night before disembarking -

REMEMBER to leave something to wear off the ship all the way home. Don't pack all your clothes away !

On the May 3-10th Gem 7 day from Boston to Bermuda (departure from Boston was Friday), the laundry special was offered on Wednesday.  Fortunately we are platinum plus, so we sent our laundry in on our schedule.  If we did not receive a bag of laundry each, we would have found it too late to bother with.  IMO, passengers want clothes washed so they can re-wear them during the cruise, more than bringing home clean clothes.