Soda and more package replaced

Someone just posted on the Princess Board that the "Soda and more" package is no longer available and is being replaced by a Soda and coffee package.  I have just looked on the Princess website and found the details.  The cost in the USA of this new package is $19.99 per day plus gratuities. The cost in Australia including gratuities is $29.99 per day!  This is an enormous jump from just over $8 per day for the soda and more package.  I tend to have one or two diet cokes, one mocktail and sometimes a hot chocolate per day and the old package was worth while.  I will certainly not be getting this new package, especially as I dont drink coffee.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Not impressed.

In Australia we didn't even have the option of buying the Soda package in advance, you had to buy it on board.

I don't like coffee. Don't like the taste, don't like the smell. Why coffee has to be attached to a soda package I don't know. Does this also apply to kids?

If this is true locally, I'll be carrying onboard a 24 can carton of my favourite carbonated beverage.

• Like 1

They are still offering a Classic Soda Package. I can see it on one of my overseas bookings. However it's showing as AU $16.51 per day - bear in mind that price may be higher than the onboard price due to the AU online pricing bug.

The price I'm seeing on the Premier Soda & Coffee package is AU $33.03.

2 hours ago, patch nine said:

Someone just posted on the Princess Board that the "Soda and more" package is no longer available and is being replaced by a Soda and coffee package.  I have just looked on the Princess website and found the details.  The cost in the USA of this new package is $19.99 per day plus gratuities. The cost in Australia including gratuities is $29.99 per day!  This is an enormous jump from just over $8 per day for the soda and more package.  I tend to have one or two diet cokes, one mocktail and sometimes a hot chocolate per day and the old package was worth while.  I will certainly not be getting this new package, especially as I dont drink coffee.

The US price of $19.99 + gratuities works out to be $23, when converted that becomes $33 AUD.

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I don't like coffee. Don't like the taste, don't like the smell. Why coffee has to be attached to a soda package I don't know. 

me too Sinbad.  I have tried to like coffee but failed every time!

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I don't like coffee. Don't like the taste, don't like the smell. Why coffee has to be attached to a soda package I don't know. Does this also apply to kids?

It looks like they do still have the Classic soda package (see above). The website is a bit screwed up.

Wow; that's a rip-off now... What does Princess charge per can..Now

I get it On Carnival at $8.5 per day, as i drink at least 2 or 3 litres a day. The cost of a can is $2.75 on Carnival, so if you have more then 3 can your ahead.

it's on of the reasons i don't cruise RCL anymore. Think it was $19 a day with them...

Yes bring your own,but a few cruise lines now make you take cans only, cause some people where smuggling, lost of booze on board..

On 5/29/2019 at 5:18 PM, patch nine said:

Well they can shove it !!! Unbelievable pricing.

Cheers Carole

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It is more than just soft drink though.

But if it is the only package available it becomes really expensive for our 12yr old. He certainly doesn't need the coffee added to his drinks package o.O (Though it is marketed for all ages according to Princess)

7 hours ago, Womble99 said:

But if it is the only package available it becomes really expensive for our 12yr old. He certainly doesn't need the coffee added to his drinks package o.O (Though it is marketed for all ages according to Princess)

With a bit of luck people won’t buy it and they will go back to how it used to be,

Cheers Carole

9 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Pay as you go for your child. If they are drinking soft drink all day, it isn't good for anyone to have all that sugar anyway

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

With a bit of luck people won’t buy it and they will go back to how it used to be,

Cheers Carole

Yes, they will get rid of it if no one buys it and people are limiting their spend on drinks overall.

2 hours ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

Well I had one of these booked for our next cruise.

Now we will just pay as we go and bring on drinks at each port.

I don’t mind a scotch and coke in one of the bars before dinner,, wondered what they would do if I just ordered scotch and produced my own can of coke !

Cheers Carole

4 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

I don’t mind a scotch and coke in one of the bars before dinner,, wondered what they would do if I just ordered scotch and produced my own can of coke !

Cheers Carole

They are likely to give you your scotch.

55 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They are likely to give you your scotch.

Do you think ?? if that is so may give it a whirl,at least I can see if I’m getting a full measure (without the ice)

Cheers Carole

19 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Do you think ?? if that is so may give it a whirl,at least I can see if I’m getting a full measure (without the ice)

Cheers Carole

Do it at your lounge chair and not at the bar and you should be right.

• Haha 1

Just checked my current booking for the Regal Princess October 2020 and it is showing both the classic soda and more and the new Soda and coffee options. Hopefully they will leave both options available. Coffee was also available similar to the old coffee cards. I have not listed the prices as they are in $NZ so look crazy high lol

22 hours ago, Te Aroha said:

Just checked my current booking for the Regal Princess October 2020 and it is showing both the classic soda and more and the new Soda and coffee options. Hopefully they will leave both options available. Coffee was also available similar to the old coffee cards. I have not listed the prices as they are in $NZ so look crazy high lol

It seems that the soda and more and the coffee card is still available and the premier is just another option (can’t imagine why )

just need to scroll to the bottom to see it so panic over

Cheers Carole

I sent a query about the new drinks package to Princess and this was the reply:

"Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises regarding Premier Coffee and Soda Package. 

We appreciate you getting in touch with us.

Please be advised that for AUD ships, Premier Coffee and Soda Package will not be available at this time for pre-purchase on Australia voyages but may be purchased onboard once available. In addition, there is no timeframe for the availability of the package. Furthermore, there is no non-coffee and non-alcoholic drinks package available at the moment."