Need info re. posting a review of a new ship that isn't listed.

BJzink

I have just returned from a 2 week cruise on the MS William Wordsworth, a fairly new ship in the Riviera cruise line.  I enjoyed it immensely & would like to post a review.  It is a British line & doesn't get much exposure in the U.S.  But I cannot find it listed in the Riviera list of ship names.  Any ideas of how I can get it on the CC board?  Thanks.  

26 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Why not post it right here?  This is the place for River Cruising!

I suppose it can be put in the list at a later date, but, yes, would love to read it here. BJzink, there is a thread on Riviera Travel, created a while ago which you can find via the search button. Or just create a separate thread.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
Added name

1 hour ago, BJzink said:

I have just returned from a 2 week cruise on the MS William Wordsworth, a fairly new ship in the Riviera cruise line.  I enjoyed it immensely & would like to post a review.  It is a British line & doesn't get much exposure in the U.S.  But I cannot find it listed in the Riviera list of ship names.  Any ideas of how I can get it on the CC board?  Thanks.  

Love to see your review since we are on it in October. As someone else suggested, post it here.

Edited by DanL

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Why not post it right here?  This is the place for River Cruising!

CC's home page unsurprisingly guides people looking for reviews to the reviews section of the site, so anyone who isn't signed up for the forums is highly unlikely to see anything posted here. 

To OP: If you're on the 'Write a Review' page on the main site and need help there's a 'Contact Us' link which creates an email to reviews@cruisecritic.com, that's presumably one way to get a vessel into the drop-down list. Other routes may be available...

Edited by kentchris
  • Thanks 1

The Riviera Travel section of Cruise Critic's Reviews section (https://www.cruisecritic.com/riviera-travel-river-cruising/cst/) has a grand total of 5 reviews with 3 ships listed.  I may be biased [heh, heh] but I think a review of the MS William Wordsworth posted here would get more views.  The River Cruising forum is an excellent place for "emotion recollected in tranquility."

I support posting in both locations. I might be a long time CC member, and I read (and know to search for) reviews in specific forum - but I also use and enjoy the actual Member Reviews section. It can be much easier to search there for specific itineraries and ships....

Also, as much as I enjoy some members' photos, sometimes it's easier to read a review that is text only and not wait for pages to load with tons of huge photo files (I live in the boonies and don't have lightning fast high speed internet with oodles of data - yes, there are still people like that in america 😉

Taking your advice - Review of Riviera river ship MS William Wordsworth on the lower Danube River 14 days "Budapest to the Black Sea".

I had not previously been aware of the Riviera Cruise Line, but my TA sent me information that they do have a few cabins on the Emerald (lower) deck that can be requested for solo travelers with no supplemental charge.  They go quick, so need to be booked early (I booked 13 months in advance).  They also have a couple of cruises in the spring that are dedicated for solo travelers.  I'll check these out in the near future.  

Apparently they do not advertise much in the US, so I found myself the only American on the ship (not a problem) and had a great time with 3 other single ladies from Britain.  

Boarding is late afternoon and if you are arriving before that time there is a transfer package which transports you to a nice hotel in town to wait until 1630 when the ship shuttle will take you to the ship.  

This ship is very new - only completed in 2018 - and is really lovely.  The cabin I had was very well fitted with 2 long closets, several drawers and shelves.  Also a coffee/tea area already with a choice of flavors.  The bathroom is tile,marble, glass shower doors, luxury basin and fluffy towels.  Crabtree & Evelyn products, hair dryer, shower cap, and night light below the floor trim.  The room "key" is the "touch pad" type & fits in a slot which will turn on/off the lights when you leave. 

Dining - food is always subjective, but I had no problems finding tasty items every day.  Breakfast & lunch are buffet style (except soups which are brought to table)  and there are some "made to order" items on the breakfast menu.  Dinner selections are all served at the table.  Choices include a meat, fish, or vegetarian items, and allergies can also be addressed.  The meal times are flexible except the final "Captain's Dinner" which is one seating.  

The dining room has tables for 2, 4, and 6 - and there is another small casual area - "The Bistro" which is on the 3rd deck at the stern, great views.  It requires reservations.

Daily schedules are in the cabins every evening for the next day.  

The tours are scheduled almost every day except where the sailing is too long between towns.  I have mobility problems, so didn't take every tour - but the tour guides were excellent to try to arrange split tours for those of us who didn't want to do much walking.  I appreciated their efforts.  The ones I did were very interesting with local guides who spoke excellent English.

Ship board activities:  There is a shop with lots of quality items,  jewelry, purses, scarves, jackets, and hats, ties, etc. for the men. There is tea in the afternoon with lovely sweets and scones w/cream & jam.  Then "Happy Hour" with special drinks of the day at a discounted price.  There were 2 local troupes of musicians & dancers from Serbia and Hungary who entertained us on 2 evenings, and one "Dancing with the crew" which was a big hit. Also a resident "piano man" who had a lot of talent.  The sun deck did not get a lot of use - weather was mostly cool, breezy, and cloudy or sprinkling.  It has a putting green and hot tub - lots of tables/chairs and loungers.

Money - this was sometimes a problem because most of the passengers assumed that the EU countries would accept Euros or credit cards - not always the case, especially in the small towns.

Bottom line - if/when I decide to river cruise again I would definitely choose Riviera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DanL said:

Thanks BJzink. Was that your first river cruise? If not, anything to compare to Riviera?

No, not first- that was summer 2008 - 2 weeks Amsterdam to Vienna with a pre-stay 3 days in Belgium on a Grand Circle Travel ship.  One before that was in 2001 on the Main & Saar ( I think) was a Wine Country cruise (also had the experience of the 9/11 bombing during it) was on a K-D ship (Koln-Dusseldorf).  The William Wordsworth ship/experience was far & away more professional & elegant.  I mostly do Ocean Cruises, prefer Holland America Line - like their size, itineraries, and culture.