Can i leave my children onboard

slaine29

On 6/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, Até said:

Aside from being a terrible idea it's against MSC's conditions of carriage: "Minors onboard must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times and are welcome at the activities onboard or at shore excursions, provided that a parent or guardian is present. Children cannot remain onboard if their parents or guardians go ashore, unless expressly authorized by the on board staff."

Interesting...

I read in MSCs Swedish brochure right now and there is a section called "Utflykter utan barn", the exact translation of that is "Excursions without children". It's very clear that it's okay to leave the ship to participate on a MSC-excursion and leave the children in the Mini or Juniors club. They only want one day notice.

Edited by sverigecruiser

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

Interesting...

I read in MSCs Swedish brochure right now and there is a section called "Utflykter utan barn", the exact translation of that is "Excursions without children". It's very clear that it's okay to leave the ship to participate on a MSC-excursion and leave the children in the Mini or Juniors club. They only want one day notice.

The OP is talking about going ashore to mooch around the port/shops not on MSC excursion

Edited by emmas gran

8 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

The OP is talking about going ashore to mooch around the port/shops not on MSC excursion

I know that but I was quoting a post quoting MSCs conditions of carriage.

I guess that a MSCs excurtion will make the staff onboard anthorize it.

The idea that children are always supervised on ships is laughable.  That is one of my main complaints about sailings with lots of kids.  Parents seem to think it is ok for their kids to run wild on the ship while they hang out at the pool or in the bar.  On our Seaview sailing last summer, there was a group of 6 or 7 kids that were always in the theater when we entered (we were usually early).  They were running up and down the aisles and on and off the stage.  When there were MSC crew members present they did nothing to stop them or send them out of the theater.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 3:45 AM, sverigecruiser said:

Interesting...

Wonder if that is Excursions without children--meaning No children allowed (adults only) OR if that means for this excursion you may/must leave your child in supervised MSC childcare?

I suspect the first...  that like an adults only pool, there are adults only excursions

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Wonder if that is Excursions without children--meaning No children allowed (adults only) OR if that means for this excursion you may/must leave your child in supervised MSC childcare?

I suspect the first...  that like an adults only pool, there are adults only excursions

It means that you can leave your children in the "kids clubs" when you go on a MSC excursion.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:45 AM, sverigecruiser said:

Interesting...

Yes, kids club open , no problem, but do you want to do it that other question. I would not. 

2 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Yes, kids club open , no problem, but do you want to do it that other question. I would not. 

I agree with you, I should not leave the ship without the choldren.

It's allowed to leave them in the kids club when doing a MSC excursion but I should not do it.

Thats what i read to mean as well, if they are in the kids club , parents are allowed off.

When we did this before with another cruise line we were given a pager by the kids club rep so we could be contacted in case of emergency.

It doesn't matter as we won't see them on the ship anyway, as they will be off exploring on their own as they are allowed to come and go as they please in the teens club.

Oh well only 82 days to go.