Elite Perks

patross

3 hours ago, dvt8 said:

I didn't realise that spouses were given status matches until I checked my account last week and saw that I was Elite! I also didn't realise that it was a status match until I looked on here.

We've cruised together over the past 10 years around 6 times but I've never had the same status. We aren't married so I'm assuming that they've all of a sudden just realised that we are spouses?? 

As long as you live at the same address and another person at the place does not have the status then yes you are granted this. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

We just returned from the 7/15 sailing on the Equinox.  We are Elite - but unfortunately, I neglected to print out the list of benefits.  There was a letter in the cabin talking about the free drinks in the evening and the cocktail parties and elegant tea, but no mention of any other benefits.  I was surprised when I sent out one of my husband's shirts to be pressed and it came back as "no charge" and also when I went to get Gelato on Deck 5, I was told that one scoop was free.  Don't know what else I missed out on since, as I said, there was nothing in the cabin to tell me.  I remember in the past they gave you coupons.

3 hours ago, patross said:

The free laundry perk is for a maximum of 30 items in the bag. 

Not always . It depends on the itinerary and number of Elite and up on board. Last cruise it was 20 items for us

4 hours ago, patross said:

The free laundry perk is for a maximum of 30 items in the bag. 

With regard to the 30 items, sometimes it can take up two bags depending on the type of clothing you send in.  30 pair of underwear & socks will fit in one bag, but if you have jeans, sweats, and the like, it may take a couple of bags.

For shorter cruises, i.e., Bermuda, the limit was 20 items.  🍷

2 hours ago, MLinFL said:

We just returned from the 7/15 sailing on the Equinox.  We are Elite - but unfortunately, I neglected to print out the list of benefits.  There was a letter in the cabin talking about the free drinks in the evening and the cocktail parties and elegant tea, but no mention of any other benefits.  I was surprised when I sent out one of my husband's shirts to be pressed and it came back as "no charge" and also when I went to get Gelato on Deck 5, I was told that one scoop was free.  Don't know what else I missed out on since, as I said, there was nothing in the cabin to tell me.  I remember in the past they gave you coupons.

Coupons are a thing of the past. All your elite perks are loaded on your Seapass card. Next time you do not receive your welcome aboard letter out lining all your elite perks (which we always have) stop by the Captains Club desk on the ship and request one from the CC host/hostess. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, MLinFL said:

The welcome Captain's Club notice that is in your stateroom upon arrival is normally printed on both sides.  The back side contains all the benefits and explanations that are not noted on the front side.  Perhaps you received a paper that was only printed on one side.  Next time go to the Captain's Club Host and ask for a complete notice.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, davekathy said:

Your only invitation for your cruise is the letter you receive in your stateroom outlining your elite benefits, events, time and places on the first day. Your friend will be allowed to join you in the Sky Lounge in the evening for drinks and snacks and the elite breakfast in the Tuscon Grille. No laundry, internet minutes and other CC perks/benefits including no pre-loaded CC HH voucher drinks loaded on their Seapass card to be used at other bars that you get for being elite. 

It's been 2 years since we have cruised Celebrity.  Does Celebrity now load 3 drinks on your Sea Pass Card (like RCCL), for use at certain bars during Happy Hour (5-8), or do you still need to go to the designated lounge to get free drinks?

Thanks

1 hour ago, pilot said:

It's been 2 years since we have cruised Celebrity.  Does Celebrity now load 3 drinks on your Sea Pass Card (like RCCL), for use at certain bars during Happy Hour (5-8), or do you still need to go to the designated lounge to get free drinks?

Thanks

Just back from the Constellation and unlimited drinks were loaded on our seapass cards for use during the captains club cocktail hours (5-7). Good at the bars, but not the martini bar or restaurants. You can pick up a drink on the way to the MDR and take it in with you. 

1 hour ago, pilot said:

Thanks

Unlimited drinks, not just 3, from a limited list for use at all bars (except World Class Bar) from 5-7 pm. (except for first night). You can still go to the lounge to get the free drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

1 minute ago, rdt10 said:

Just back from the Constellation and unlimited drinks were loaded on our seapass cards for use during the captains club cocktail hours (5-7). Good at the bars, but not the martini bar or restaurants. You can pick up a drink on the way to the MDR and take it in with you. 

Yes, this change is now on all the Celebrity ships. I thought martini bar was also included, but I didn't try it so might be wrong (obviously not for their special martinis, but I think you can get a glass of  wine there...) We were also able to use it in the Oceanview Cafe during those hours.

7 hours ago, MLinFL said:

I trade Mrs Ldubs my internet minutes for her gelato.  So, I get two freebie scoops!  😋😋😋

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, davekathy said:

The CC host will let us know the evening before where and time to meet. We've received phone messages left on our stateroom phone and written messages left in our stateroom. No problem. Just follow me. 😉

And on some cruises we never got any notification.  In those cases, if we need to know we call the Captains Club desk and ask (or Guest Relations if it is after CC hours).

5 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

And on some cruises we never got any notification.  In those cases, if we need to know we call the Captains Club desk and ask (or Guest Relations if it is after CC hours).

Exactly what I would do if we didn't receive any notification.