Credit Card Hasn't Been Charged for Folio Balance....

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this and found a resolution...

We returned from Symphony on 5/25 and had a folio balance of about $1,000. We received the statement the morning of of departure and everything looked fine. I had been getting the 'pending' charges each day throughout the cruise. On past cruises, I've always had the lump sum amount go through the next business day after the cruise. Well it's now June 4th and I still haven't been charged.

I called RCL and they said everything looked fine, there was no flags on the account, and that my best course of action would be to call my CC company. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I'm not trying to swindle RCL out of money, but they seemed relatively clueless when I called, and I'm 99% positive there is no issue with Chase.

My daughters and I were on the same sailing and we also had the charges showing daily from our credit card company, but now there is nothing charged to our cards?  So strange. 

The pending charges usually drop off one by one each day after the completion of the cruise. Have your pending charges been going away? Maybe they won't charge the full amount until after the pending charges have been deleted.

The only thing RCI could do if you contact them any more would be to rebill you, and then I would almost guarantee that the original charge would, poof!, magically appear. Then you would be spending your time getting the duplicate removed!

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The pending charges usually drop off one by one each day after the completion of the cruise. Have your pending charges been going away? Maybe they won't charge the full amount until after the pending charges have been deleted.

Yeah, the pending charges came and went as normal but the final charge never appeared.

When something like this happened to me, the bank/credit card company, told me to proceed as if the money was spent. If I remember correctly for 6 months. Then after that IF it appeared I could dispute per the Fair Credit Act (I may have the name wrong).  They recommended I not call the business. For three months, I had to act like my available balance was less than what it was. Then around the 90 day mark it appeared. It's somehow totally legal. It is called a "Late Presentment". After a 30 day period you can dispute with your credit card if it appears. I personally wouldn't do this with a valid charge. (If you google your credit card provider and late presentment, the rules should appear. In the search box you'd enter with the quotes: "visa" "late presentment")

It took almost two weeks before my card showed the final charge after my last cruise in February. I used a credit card, so I wasn't super worried about it like I would be if it was my debit card, but I also called and was told they showed the charge on their end. Must be an issue with the way they are processing the final charges.

16 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

When something like this happened to me, the bank/credit card company, told me to proceed as if the money was spent. If I remember correctly for 6 months. Then after that IF it appeared I could dispute per the Fair Credit Act (I may have the name wrong).  They recommended I not call the business. For three months, I had to act like my available balance was less than what it was. Then around the 90 day mark it appeared. It's somehow totally legal. It is called a "Late Presentment". After a 30 day period you can dispute with your credit card if it appears. I personally wouldn't do this with a valid charge. (If you google your credit card provider and late presentment, the rules should appear. In the search box you'd enter with the quotes: "visa" "late presentment")

This. The VISA company allows any authorization to be valid for six months after obtained. What this means to you is that if they fail to claim it initially, they have six months to do so.  Had this happen to me a while back - DH was going over our Amex bill and asked when I'd been to Ocean City (local beach town).  Took me a bit but remembered that my sisters and I had gone for a girls weekend in January and I'd put the room on my card.  This was May or June and the hotel had just 'found' the slip (yeah this was when slips were manually created). 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I really don‘t understand why someone posts his concerns for not being charged... Just he happy!

Because there are plenty of times where these things magically end up in collections despite no correspondence from whatever company you're dealing with.

They will eventually show up. I did a business trip to Puerto Rico and stayed for a week at a major hotel. The bill for my stay didn't hit my credit card for almost eight months.

Edited by orville99

I believe it depends on your cards billing cycle.  Sometimes it goes through quickly and sometimes the cutoff date is missed so it goes through on the next cycle or two.  It will show up on your statement, eventually.  If not, don't stress over it.  It is the Cruise Lines responsibility.