Carnival On Board Credit (OBC) Distribution

14 hours ago, 19cruiser59 said:

If when you added the 3rd guest they were offering OBC then that amount should go to them. If not, then i think the original $200 would go to only the original 2 guests ( $100.00 apiece)

It all depends on how you set up the financial accounts for this cruise. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

1st two accounts (husband and myself) under the same credit card.  The third passenger under their own credit card

the obc will just go to that credit card.  We have obc on every cruise and they simply deduct the credit at the end of the cruise on the bill.

It depends on the terms of the OBC and from whom or how it is originating from. Here's the types I know off...

• Booking bonuses from Carnival usually go to the first 2 passengers on the booking, unless otherwise specified.
  • Price reductions claims resulting in OBC tend to be split between all occupants equally.
  • Promised OBC from an "oopsies" on previous cruise goes only to the passengers involved in the event that cause the customer service gesture to return.
  • Group amenity points redeemed for OBC tends to be spread across all adults accounts in the cabin, but not always equally.
  • FunPoint credit card redemptions tend to go to only to the account the cardholder is named on. 
  • GIft from TAs and incentives from online reservation sites tend to be more complicated as they use various sideways to approaches to achieve OBC beyond the official Carnival offer. They may be buying Cruise Cash out of their commission, exchanging group amenity points, or "trading" the free berths earned into an averaged overpayment to all in the open group booking.

It find out exactly how it will be distributed I would call or Travel Professional (PVP or TA) or the CS# provided on the booking confirmation if you did not deal direct with a person for the initial booking.

• Like 1

Glad you asked as I just had a go with Carnival about this same exact issue. I am cruising with my boyfriend and his 12 year old son in 3 weeks and we are all in the same cabin and the 12 year old is third guest. We have $50.00 OBC. My boyfriend and I are going dutch. He is paying for him and his son and I am paying for myself. With that being said I requested that the OBC be split evenly between my an my boyfriend's booking since the kid obviously is not paying for his booking. I was told multiple times for multiple reps that they cannot split the OBC equally between the first and second guests in a cabin. They can only split it evenly three ways when there are three people in a cabin. I was told I would literally need to go to guest services once on board the ship and request the split of OBC between my boyfriend and I once on board. UGH, what a hassle. I hope this answers your question. The last rep that told me this was Briana with a mapper ID of "bru" and it was confirm by Kristen her supervisor who has a mapper ID of "K1Y".

On 6/6/2019 at 10:37 PM, bdever said:

Glad you asked as I just had a go with Carnival about this same exact issue. I am cruising with my boyfriend and his 12 year old son in 3 weeks and we are all in the same cabin and the 12 year old is third guest. We have $50.00 OBC. My boyfriend and I are going dutch. He is paying for him and his son and I am paying for myself. With that being said I requested that the OBC be split evenly between my an my boyfriend's booking since the kid obviously is not paying for his booking. I was told multiple times for multiple reps that they cannot split the OBC equally between the first and second guests in a cabin. They can only split it evenly three ways when there are three people in a cabin. I was told I would literally need to go to guest services once on board the ship and request the split of OBC between my boyfriend and I once on board. UGH, what a hassle. I hope this answers your question. The last rep that told me this was Briana with a mapper ID of "bru" and it was confirm by Kristen her supervisor who has a mapper ID of "K1Y".

I'm having trouble understanding this. 50 divided by 2 is 25. 50 divided by 3 is not quite 17. So the difference is not quite $8. Instead if spending all that time on the phone, wouldn't it have been easier for your boyfriend to just give you the $7 and change that was credited to his son?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I'm having trouble understanding this. 50 divided by 2 is 25. 50 divided by 3 is not quite 17. So the difference is not quite $8. Instead if spending all that time on the phone, wouldn't it have been easier for your boyfriend to just give you the $7 and change that was credited to his son?

OOPS. I apologize for the math error; that should be $8 and change, not not quite $8.

When OBC gained because of price reductions after final payment was not split the way we wanted, we just went to guest services with all the parties involved and asked them to move the credit as we had wanted in the beginning. No problem.

We got OBC from our TA on Sunrise last month and I asked the TA to split between us.  She said ok.    Got onboard and it was all under my name.  Guest Services said they cannot split it but can move that amount of charges from passenger #2 to me (Passenger #1).   Was a big PITA and they were not very helpful.   Again, this was OBC from a TA as a perk.  

On the other lines we sail it is very easy to split OBC from a TA and the only line that gives us an issue with it is Carnival.