UPGRADE SALE

Cruiz'nBaers

We heard that the Classic to Premium Beverage Package is on sale for $12.00 per day.  What is the non sale price, anyone know?  We have onboard credit and are trying to decide if we should buy it now, or wait until we are on board?  Thank you.

The price on board will be $12 a day... there is no sale price for the upgrade.

You can use your OBC and do it through your planner or call Captains Club

Then your card when you go onboard will have the correct package

OTOH IF you upgrade with a bartender onboard--they get a little $ for the "sale" to you. But there is no difference to you on cost

How close to your sailing do you need to be to do it in the planner? I’m pretty sure I want to upgrade my Feb 2020 package, but so far it will just show me the full price if I put it in my cart. I know the arguments for doing it onboard (makes you popular with that bartender...) but I am new to Celebrity and won’t know which is my favorite bar that first day, so advance would be easier for me I think.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

How close to your sailing do you need to be to do it in the planner? I’m pretty sure I want to upgrade my Feb 2020 package, but so far it will just show me the full price if I put it in my cart. I know the arguments for doing it onboard (makes you popular with that bartender...) but I am new to Celebrity and won’t know which is my favorite bar that first day, so advance would be easier for me I think.

If you received the Classic package as booking perk it probably won’t show up in the Cruise Planner until about 30 days before your cruise. Until it shows in the CP you can’t upgrade online.  If you want to upgrade you can  all Celebrity and do the upgrade over the phone. They will manually add the Classic package to your booking and then the upgrade.  We have had cruises where the beverage package never showed in the CP but was on our Sea Pass card when we boarded.

• Like 1

I would wait.  There may be a discount offered in an email to you prior to cruise. I believe You can upgrade up to 4 days prior to sailing.  Says somewhere in cruise planner.   Or you can purchase now and if a sale comes up within that window, you can cancel and repurchase. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

No need to stress. Take your time and use your Classic package and have a few drinks around the ship. I'm thinking you will figure out rather quickly where you will hang out during the day and/or evenings.
Have a great trip! You are a month after us, we cruise on the reflection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

No need to stress. Take your time and use your Classic package and have a few drinks around the ship. I'm thinking you will figure out rather quickly where you will hang out during the day and/or evenings.
Have a great trip! You are a month after us, we cruise on the reflection.

Thanks! I’m on the Equinox. 🙂

3 hours ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

We paid nonsale $11.80 per day

I must be missing something.....the ad says the classic drink package has been reduced 20% to $47.20 per day pp -

and the Premium package to $55.20 per day pp.   If more than 1 in a cabin...all must buy the package.      Without knowing prices of drinks, etc. - trying to figure out it would be a good buy.   Guess convenience plays a role but have read that its often hard to find a bartender - helps with the profit I guess serving fewer drinks!   We're on the Solstice to Alaska in July.    So.....where can I find the $11.80 per day??  (LOL) Also - anyone with a picture of a recent drink menu so I can find out prices.  Thanks fellow cruise critics!!

Sorry, was just talking about the upgrade (meaning thought you already had the classic package) and as someone pointed out it is now $12.00 due to increase in gratuities.  If you already have the classic package, you can upgrade on board, or on line (if booked with a TA may have to have them call celebrity directly) for $12.00.  We normally find a bartender we like and upgrade on board  ... they get a small kick back.

5 hours ago, Fogfog said:

The price on board will be $12 a day... there is no sale price for the upgrade.

I checked my cruise planner, and the upgrade sale applies to drink package upgrades as well. I canceled my premium beverage package upgrade that I had paid $12 per day for, and rebooked at $10.80 per day. 20% off at these rates isn't a huge savings, but I received $12 back in onboard credit for our 10 day cruise.  Not bad for a few minutes of clicking.

Also rebooked our dinner reservations, at 20% off what we had originally paid.

7 minutes ago, GoHoward said:

I checked my cruise planner, and the upgrade sale applies to drink package upgrades as well. I canceled my premium beverage package upgrade that I had paid $12 per day for, and rebooked at $10.80 per day. 20% off at these rates isn't a huge savings, but I received $12 back in onboard credit for our 10 day cruise.  Not bad for a few minutes of clicking.

When I go t o my cruise planner I still see the upgrade to Premium from Classic at a cost of 12pp per day. It does not have the 20% off. Did you have to call? 

NONE of our sailings has ANY sale on any bev package

Have checked every sailing--we have 4 booked

In fact there is no "upgrade" option for bev packages on any of our cruise planners...  just the standard packages.

Either i am missing something or it is select sailings

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoHoward said:

I really want to cancel and rebook but can’t see how to on the planner - any ideas appreciated

I called Captains Club yesterday.= re our Sept sailings B2B.

Mystery solved

The bev upgrade sale applies only to Sailings through Aug 31.

Things will change over the next month etc...so will watch for that

Dining is the same as what we paid in the past month for our Sept sailings. So no savings there yet. Will watch it. 

As for the sale on internet-- we still paid a lower price through our Captains Club standing than the sale price

Some excursions are on "sale". 

Sales and Captains Club discounts are not "stackable" -- though people here have said they got it done that way--  I suppose Celebrity has gotten stricter on that

Edited by Fogfog

9 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I really want to cancel and rebook but can’t see how to on the planner - any ideas appreciated

Go into cruise planner in your online reservation. At the top of the page click on the link for "Order History" . This will show all the items you have purchased. From here you should have an option to cancel. Credit will be applied to whatever payment method you used either OBC or credit card. If you used OBC it will be credited back immediately. Once cancelled you can reorder it. I did this a while back to rebook shore excursions at a lower price.

17 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

First, if you have a beverage package included as a perk, make sure you can see it in the cruise planner. I had to call Celebrity and have them add our beverage package -- once they did that, I had the option to upgrade one or both in the cruise planner.

Second, I think the upgrade sales are fairly specific to the customer & sailing. I received a notice of a sale about two months ago, and when I logged on the upgrade was not discounted. Now, three weeks to sailing, the cruise planner shows a discount.