OV cabins on Pursuit?

almostnewtocruise

A question for those who have already been on Pursuit ..
Are the OV cabins there similar to those on Journey and Quest?

And also - does anyone know if the "additional" cabins on deck 4  (in the Guest Relations area) on the Pursuit are of the same size as all the other  OV cabins on that deck?

I am asking because I'm looking at a cruise on Pursuit, which has a reasonable price for its OV cabins - but only if you buy a GTY.

I wouldn't  buy a GTY Ocean View on Journey or Quest.. First - because we wouldn't like to get one of the smaller cabins on the upper decks..
Even more so   - now that I had a glimpse of one of the horrible new cabins on deck 4 on the Quest... I wouldn't take a chance of being allocated one of those! 

So any information about the OV cabins on the Pursuit will be appreciated 

miriam

Hi Miriam. I was in 4068 on Pursuit a couple of cruises ago and it seemed the same size as the other OVs. I wouldn't book it again as I found it noisier from below than those further forward. It was very handy for the elevators though and almost had a private entrance to the corridor of cabins there. 

Trouble for me with an OV GTY is that I could get one of the forward category 06s near the front.  I'd prefer a category 08 on deck 6 to one of those, even though they are slightly smaller. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

We were also in 4068 last week.  We liked it and thought it very quiet with no passing traffic.  Very convenient for Mosaic.

We have also been in one of the  larger OV at front of the ship.  That was noisy, especially when the anchor was being lowered or retrieved.

Phil, where do you think the noises came from when you were in 4068 ?

Thanks guys for the information! 

Phil, I too tend not to book GTY.. We'll rather wait; maybe the price will drop closer to the actual date and we'll be able to choose our cabin. If not - we'll probably  pass.. :classic_unsure:

and very glad to hear that the additional cabins on Pursuit are the regular size!

8 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

We were also in 4068 last week.  We liked it and thought it very quiet with no passing traffic.  Very convenient for Mosaic.

We have also been in one of the  larger OV at front of the ship.  That was noisy, especially when the anchor was being lowered or retrieved.

Phil, where do you think the noises came from when you were in 4068 ?

There was a heavy door somewhere that seemed to slam. It seemed to come from the wall behind the cabin on left hand side as you walk in. There was also a quite a bit of engine noise from below, being further back. I realised just how noisy it was when I compared the balcony on deck 7 I had for the cruise after to it. 

Phil 

I've just been chatting to a friend who confirms as Miriam said that the new OVs on Quest are indeed smaller than Pursuit , both cabin and bathroom. They have put six standard cabins in there as there was no need for accessible staterooms which are already located around the corner. So if they do similar on Journey then it's going to be the same. 

Phil 

The word I think is shoehorned as the two accessible cabins on Pursuit are smaller (not one and a half times the size of standard) than those on the other ships. No way could the new cabins be the same size. They certainly need to put this on the description and if necessary reclassify them. Perhaps as 07s which is now a redundant category. 

Phil 

Thanks for the information.  Whilst we liked 4068 on Pursuit I would certainly not book one on the other ships as the cabin and bathroom are quite compact enough.  Actually hated the small restricted view cabins we have been in once.

It was a bit of a shock to the system walking into our cabin after the light and airy standard cabins with lovely bathrooms on Viking at New Year.  If I were to do a like for like comparison of the ship as a whole, in most areas, Viking would win.

Still like Azamara but realising more and more that our sailing companions are really very important and we missed them very much on our 28th May cruise. 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Thanks for the information.  Whilst we liked 4068 on Pursuit I would certainly not book one on the other ships as the cabin and bathroom are quite compact enough.  Actually hated the small restricted view cabins we have been in once.

It was a bit of a shock to the system walking into our cabin after the light and airy standard cabins with lovely bathrooms on Viking at New Year.  If I were to do a like for like comparison of the ship as a whole, in most areas, Viking would win.

Still like Azamara but realising more and more that our sailing companions are really very important and we missed them very much on our 28th May cruise. 

Awww...thanks Pam. Of course I know you mean the others as well! My Pursuit June cruise won't be the same without you and Mike either. 

I do agree with you about the contrast between the new and beautiful Viking ships and Azamara cabins though. 

We were in one of the outside cabins on deck 4 when the ship had recently become Adonia - so a few years ago and I am not talking about the new cabins on Pursuit.  I am mentioning this though as our cabin suffered from noise from what we were told was a workshop under our cabin.  To be fair this only started after 8am in the mornings, but we are not normally early risers and got very annoyed about it.  I cannot remember the cabin number, but it was very midship - not far away from the reception area which was a big open space then.  No vibration/engine noise in that cabin though.

We have booked 4049 for an autumn cruise on Pursuit and hoping that is a bit further forward than the cabin we had on the Adonia incarnation, which we think it is.

Edited by tring

Oh dear!  We’ve booked 4068 for 16 nights on Quest next year!  I assumed they would be the same as on Pursuit, had no idea they could actually be smaller!  Will need to call the agent. Is it normally possible to switch cabins once without it costing extra?

Corinne

Oh dear!  We’ve booked 4068 for 16 nights on Quest next year!  I assumed they would be the same as on Pursuit, had no idea they could actually be smaller!  Will need to call the agent. Is it normally possible to switch cabins once without it costing extra?

Corinne

Thankfully I’ve now changed cabins!  Without this thread I would never have known the new cabins are even smaller. 

• Like 1