Which alcohol tastings to do?

badgermom

Hubby and I will be on the Escape next week. Looking for the best bang for your buck alcohol tastings. Mojito, wine, martinis, whiskey, beer etc. We do not have the drink package so looking for the best experience for the money. 

Edited by badgermom

When you get on board mosey up to the Guest Services desk and make an inquiry about when and what tastings

will be available; the cost and if reservations are required or is it a first come first serve.

Knowing the schedule and where check that out in advance for more information.

On the DAWN Gatsby's Bar was where the Martini tasting was held for about $30 by reservation with a taste of

some 8 vodka gin combinations early afternoon of a SEA day. An interesting introduction/education of the Martini -

'SHAKEN NOT STIRRED' !  ***** Bond - James Bond 

Another place to check for liquor tasting is the Duty Free shop

Your ESCAPE will have more opportunities to taste other alcoholic drinks but also the crowds competition.

I've done the martini tastings (3x on two different ships) and the wine and chocolate tasting (2x on two different ships). They have always been enjoyable, but the quality of information can vary depending on who is running the tasting. 

I've never had the same six martinis on any of the tastings, so that varies as well. The last time we did the martini tasting, they made us an extra martini after someone asked a question, which was really nice. 

On the Escape, we signed up for the wine tastings at the wine bar. 

Enjoy!

The Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch tasting is great.  Did it on Getaway and I believe it was $30.  3 tastings one each of 12, 15, and 18 year old scotches each paired with a piece of chocolate.  Very informative and a lot of fun.  

We did the martini tasting two times and loved it! Both times we did it we "shared" which they were okay with (there's no way I could have had 5 full size martinis!). The first one was full size, the second one was slightly smaller than full size but both were a lot of fun and informational! I think we did a margarita tasting, but don't really remember!

We didn't have the drink package on our last cruise and did all the tastings as it was an economic way for us to drink on the sea days.  My husband and I shared each one as I am a lightweight.  lol  We didn't need reservations but we were on the Dawn so a much smaller ship. 

Badgermom - we are on the same cruise next week and we will probably do all the tastings again.  We'll meet you there!

20 minutes ago, avo795 said:

We didn't have the drink package on our last cruise and did all the tastings as it was an economic way for us to drink on the sea days.  My husband and I shared each one as I am a lightweight.  lol  We didn't need reservations but we were on the Dawn so a much smaller ship. 

Badgermom - we are on the same cruise next week and we will probably do all the tastings again.  We'll meet you there!

Yay look for hubby and me! Maybe we will meet at the meet and mingle. Looking forward to doing the tastings but good to know we can share. 

11 hours ago, badgermom said:

Hubby and I will be on the Escape next week. Looking for the best bang for your buck alcohol tastings. Mojito, wine, martinis, whiskey, beer etc. We do not have the drink package so looking for the best experience for the money. 

There is no good bang for your  buck with tastings, because if you don't like a  couple of the drinks offered, you end up paying an awful  lot for a  couple of small shots.