St Kitts Beach Day Pass (Marriott Resort vs. Park Hyatt)

dkolpek

Will be docked in St Kitts for a full day and we'd like to forego the usual "excursions" and just enjoy the day at a beach resort.  Anyone have any experience recently with either Marriott Resort or Park Hyatt?  Marriott day pass is only $35 and Park Hyatt is $150.  Cost is important but not the only thing, looking for not super crowded, nice calm beach and some water activities if possible.  From what I've read Mariott has a great beach, close to Pier but the surf is a bit rough while Park Hyatt is quite bit away (probably not crowded) with also a nice beach, calmer water and you can always walk over to Cockleshell for other things to do.

Marriott is quite a bit cheaper so it's doubtful to me Park Hyatt would be that much better to justify the price.  I've looked at the other usual options like Carambola, Spice Mill, etc. but most the reviews lately aren't great but other options are certainly welcome.

We were at the Marriott recently and did not see any water activities on the beach. They have nice large pool areas with shaded lounge chairs. When we were there it was not crowded at all. They have little cabanas with shade at the beach. It is on the Atlantic side so not what I think of when I think of swimming beach. It didn't look rough but there are rocks not too far out and looked like it might have some tricky currents. We loved it there. We did a room for the day @ $125 and loved it. It was nice to have a room to escape back to during the heat of the day. Good food and drinks but pricey.

Thanks for the info!  Yeah I kind of expected that about the water activities given the rougher water at the beach.  I've heard the beach itself though is really nice!  Seems like a nice, relaxing day away from the boat for a great price!

We visited Marriot in April and had an amazing day...the free beach pavilions were nice (photo taken from the water line), my daughter enjoyed the water (though it is NOT calm) , the pool is fabulous, and we enjoyed the restaurant (amazing coconut shrimp!).    At first I was disappointed by the lack of calmness if the ocean but we got over it quickly - beautiful breeze!!

the pool has great multiple depths - you can sit in it and read a book in some spots and its got the swim up bar as well.  And the loungers with adjustable shades were cool.

35DCCA58-15F1-4FAF-914F-DCFDD66399C8.jpeg

3D1F6351-3026-41B3-B8F2-C51FBB5AD99F.jpeg

7C1BE65B-172A-418B-ACCA-85DB4B8C2AB7.jpeg

B5945190-F87C-40E9-8034-1BDC5ADB750B.jpeg

960BC8B9-A910-494B-8F08-A05DD907A320.jpeg

D78D912F-59B2-4116-A1E3-D2C983DA6213.jpeg

Edited by Cel_cruise

• 2 weeks later...

The volcanic rocks coming out of the ocean in your last photo, were placed there by the resort to break the Atlantic surf.

If it appears the chunks of rock have been strategically placed IN A LINE in the center of the beach to break the surf, it's because they have been. 

This is a very family oriented resort, anybody can take there children to this beach and in the area where they placed the "breakers", they can easily walk they're children in the ocean or swim with they're children, without much worry.

Seniors, I was with a TON of them back in 2010, they didn't want to get out of the water., when they did get out of the OCEAN it was to walk up to the bar get another drink and go back in the OCEAN. 😀

Did you book in advance or just arrive on the day of?  I'd rather have a reservation than risk arriving and finding that they are full.  Does anyone have contact info to book reservations?  I've see a couple of sites from outside vendors taking reservations, but for $50+ per person, I assume that's their booking fee plus the hotel cost. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, klfr said:

Did you book in advance or just arrive on the day of?  I'd rather have a reservation than risk arriving and finding that they are full.  Does anyone have contact info to book reservations?  I've see a couple of sites from outside vendors taking reservations, but for $50+ per person, I assume that's their booking fee plus the hotel cost. 

I've have never made reservations once on our visits to the Marriott, when are you going?? Between now and Christmas you won't need anything but a smile and a credit card for your $35.00(Please don't pay the booking fee.) day pass at the St. Kitts Marriott. 

It's this simple, when your taxi drops you off in front of the Marriott, you walk directly towards the concierge desk to your left with a big smile, credit card in hand, they're going to ask you what ship you are on, IF you happen to be cruising on a Carnival Cruise Ship, lie😄 and tell them your cruising on either a Princess, Royal Caribbean or even Holland America if you have too, hand them your credit card when she hands you your receipt walk over to the elevator get in it and hit THE BEACH button, walk out and go have a great day! 

First thing's first, go back to the bar order a good bloody mary and get a tab started, yep break out that credit card again. 😁

You'll figure out the rest.

If you have 4-5 people in your group I would not only consider a day room, I would do a day room same price altogether you get a nice room for the day to keep your stuff and go and get out of the sun for a few it's nice, only way to go 4 or more. 

Have fun!!

Edited by TTEllis
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Why do you need to lie if on Carnival?!!

On 6/28/2019 at 7:23 AM, TTEllis said:

I've have never made reservations once on our visits to the Marriott, when are you going?? Between now and Christmas you won't need anything but a smile and a credit card for your $35.00(Please don't pay the booking fee.) day pass at the St. Kitts Marriott. 

It's this simple, when your taxi drops you off in front of the Marriott, you walk directly towards the concierge desk to your left with a big smile, credit card in hand, they're going to ask you what ship you are on, IF you happen to be cruising on a Carnival Cruise Ship, lie😄 and tell them your cruising on either a Princess, Royal Caribbean or even Holland America if you have too, hand them your credit card when she hands you your receipt walk over to the elevator get in it and hit THE BEACH button, walk out and go have a great day! 

First thing's first, go back to the bar order a good bloody mary and get a tab started, yep break out that credit card again. 😁

You'll figure out the rest.

If you have 4-5 people in your group I would not only consider a day room, I would do a day room same price altogether you get a nice room for the day to keep your stuff and go and get out of the sun for a few it's nice, only way to go 4 or more. 

Have fun!!

• 1 month later...

Hi.  

Are you able to book the day room in advance?   Via website?

My husband and I wanted to go to the Marriott for a day on our last cruise but when we called they were full so we weren’t able to.  We called from the ship the day before after hearing someone talking about it.

We ended up at Carambola Beach club that trip which we enjoy and have been several times.  It’s getting a lot more crowded there than it used to be so we’re looking into other options for the  next trip.

Noreen

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 7:20 PM, dkolpek said:

Marriott day pass is only $35 and Park Hyatt is $150.  Cost is important but not the only thing, looking for not super crowded, nice calm beach and some water activities if possible.

Have stayed at the Park Hyatt and have done the day room at the Marriott on a cruise-- they are very different resorts. The Park Hyatt is significantly more upscale and much less crowded-- you cant really put the hotels in the same category. 

On 11/17/2019 at 1:11 PM, Noreen411 said:

Hi.  

Are you able to book the day room in advance?   Via website?

My husband and I wanted to go to the Marriott for a day on our last cruise but when we called they were full so we weren’t able to.  We called from the ship the day before after hearing someone talking about it.

We ended up at Carambola Beach club that trip which we enjoy and have been several times.  It’s getting a lot more crowded there than it used to be so we’re looking into other options for the  next trip.

Noreen

On the Marriott website look for "contact" and the email. Ask them about day room. The only way you can reserve day room is via email or phone through their website. Dont use the main Marriott website. Go directly to theirs. As of April 2019 they were still doing the day rooms. BTW I did a quick snorkeling trip from carambola while at the Marriott on the day pass in April and personally I wouldn't waste my time. Just a mess of umbrellas. Yes the water is calmer on that side but the Marriott has the pools and swim up bar plus the ocean. We took a quick taxi ride after our snorkeling trip back to the Marriott and were so relieved we didnt stay at carambola. Its just not what we like. 

Edited by jean87510

23 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

On the Marriott website look for "contact" and the email. Ask them about day room. The only way you can reserve day room is via email or phone through their website. Dont use the main Marriott website. Go directly to theirs. As of April 2019 they were still doing the day rooms. BTW I did a quick snorkeling trip from carambola while at the Marriott on the day pass in April and personally I wouldn't waste my time. Just a mess of umbrellas. Yes the water is calmer on that side but the Marriott has the pools and swim up bar plus the ocean. We took a quick taxi ride after our snorkeling trip back to the Marriott and were so relieved we didnt stay at carambola. Its just not what we like. 

Hi

thank you for the information about calling them directly.

I tried calling the main number on the website and they said they don’t do day passes or book day rooms and I should book a regular night.  

I will give your suggestion a try.

thank you again

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 7:59 AM, jean87510 said:

I am curious about park hyatt. I may go there next November on a day pass for my cruise. Any inputs?

Its really quite nice-- infinity pools, nice restaurants, really great spa. I didn't do a day pass here but did stay a few nights. I have done a day pass at the Marriott for comparisons sake-- and there really isn't any comparison. The Park Hyatt is a true 5 star resort (with pricing to match) but it is worth it. Biggest difference is that the Park Hyatt doesn't have that crowded feel that I thought the Marriott did-- its very serene and relaxing. 

I would do a day pass at the PH all day over the Marriott. 

On 12/19/2019 at 6:01 PM, princeton123211 said:

Its really quite nice-- infinity pools, nice restaurants, really great spa. I didn't do a day pass here but did stay a few nights. I have done a day pass at the Marriott for comparisons sake-- and there really isn't any comparison. The Park Hyatt is a true 5 star resort (with pricing to match) but it is worth it. Biggest difference is that the Park Hyatt doesn't have that crowded feel that I thought the Marriott did-- its very serene and relaxing. 

I would do a day pass at the PH all day over the Marriott. 

I think ill try it next November. We have a pretty neat excursion for January in st. Kitts in a few weeks that i thought about switching, but decided not to.  I have been interested in seeing park Hyatt. I like the Marriott but would like something new. I love having both pool and ocean.

Edited by jean87510

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 6:26 PM, toad455 said:

I've done the Marriott day pass before but was wondering about the Park Hyatt. I see it's pricey, but is it all inclusive?

Its not all inclusive-- lunch is included but alcohol is not. You do get 20% off alcohol though. It does cost more but having been to both the Park Hyatt is of a significantly higher quality than the Marriott and is less crowded. 

Edited by princeton123211
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, maggie.1008 said:

Is the Park Hyatt $125. pp ? There would be 4 of us. Can you just go and have lunch there without being a hotel guest ?

The day pass includes a full lunch. But yes, you can go and just have lunch and drinks and pay for it separate-- you just wouldn't be able to use the pool and facilities. 

Can you just go to the Park Hyatt and buy the day pass? Resortpass dot com says that a day pass alone is $50. Resort for a day is quoting $149 for all inclusive. That's a big difference. We would have lunch but thinking that not being all inclusive might give us more food options not necessarily a smaller bill.