EZ Air Flight Still Pending 57 days out

JenRonn1104

HI All, 

We booked our flight through EZ Air for our Canadian Cruise in August.  Our flight is only 57 days out and still do not show as ticketed with the airline.  Is this unusual?  Final payment was May 21.

Thank you for your insight.

Jennifer

It will be paid by 45 days out. If you call your T.A. or Princess, depending on how you booked, you can ask them to ticket it now, but you then lose the ability to change flights up to 45 days. FYI, our EZ Air flight to Quebec was actually ticketed, United, a few days after final payment around 73 days out. We did not ask for this, just happened. Maybe it has to do with the airline.

Mine were still not paid at 40 days out. It only became an issue when United cancelled my parent's first flight and when I called them to get an acceptable reschedule, they said nothing could be done until the ticket was paid. I eventually worked it out with EZAir but it was a hassle. Still worth it for the tremendous savings on business class seats, less than half than booking directly through the airlines. 

That 45-day time frame is flexible.  Not all ticketing will be done at that magic date.  It's very simple to have your air ticketed whenever you want.  I've done it sometimes as far in advance as 6 months when I've been sure the air won't go down and I've paid everything off. 

16 hours ago, JenRonn1104 said:

HI All, 

We booked our flight through EZ Air for our Canadian Cruise in August.  Our flight is only 57 days out and still do not show as ticketed with the airline.  Is this unusual?  Final payment was May 21.

Thank you for your insight.

Jennifer

I've never used EZ Air before and I'm curious - how did they give you a price for the flights if they're not actually booked?  Did you pre-pay for them and if not, how will you know exactly what the cost is? 

Princess EZ travel dept buys bulks bulk seats; and the arrangement they have with the airlines is; you can book and change your flight up to final payment.  If you book a flight at a certain price Princess does not pay for it right away;  the reservation is valid with the airline and you will get a booking confirmation.  Let's say a month later the price goes down; you can log in and reserve the lower price fare; you will receive a new booking confirmation for that flight. You can log into the airlines website and the booking should show up there

7 hours ago, ronandannette said:

I've never used EZ Air before and I'm curious - how did they give you a price for the flights if they're not actually booked?  Did you pre-pay for them and if not, how will you know exactly what the cost is? 

They are booked.

54 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They are booked.

...but just not paid yet by Princess.    The seats are reserved and on some (not all) airlines you can chose your seats via their on-line sites at that time.