Hotel near FLL with lazy river?

nanseev

I have searched and havent found this question...so here goes. Looking for hotel advice.  Flying into FLL from California, cruising out of FLL til Sun 12/29 and staying until late Tuesday 12/31.  We fly in on Fri and I believe we have decided on Hyatt Place cruise port based on reviews here.  However, the back end stay I am struggling with.  I want a fancier hotel, maybe on the beach, but definitely more resort-style.  Last year, we flew out of MCO due to flight costs with a similar itinerary and stayed at the Omni Championsgate, which had a lazy river, restaurants, golf, bicycles, etc.  It was perfect, even without being beachfront.  What made it even more perfect was I got it through Hotwire for a steal.  It had a small lazy river, poolside drink/food service, quality pool furniture with cushions, and made a wonderful end to our yearly vacation.  I am looking for a similar experience this year, but in the southern FL area since we are flying out of FLL.  Willing to drive up to 2 hours for the perfect spot.  I know I won't get dirt-cheap, but also not looking to spend $1k per night for the Four Seasons either. Is there a hotel with a lazy river like that? Or a hotel that has Ocean balcony with poolside resort service?  Because of our late departing flight, we have time to enjoy our days including Tues and still have plenty of time to drive to the airport.  I have even considered just going back to the Omni, but it's crazy to drive to Orlando and back when I'm sure there is something closer.

I would check out The JW Marriott Turnberrry Isle.  Their pool may just fit the bill!

The pool at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa is really great.  They are beachfront. will serve you in the chairs, have movies at night pool side and plenty of things going on at the pool.  We always enjoy our stays here.  Plus you can watch the cruise ships leave!  

Edited by Host CJSKIDS