Caribbean Princess - Balcony Cabin Shower Question

drowelf

I've scoured the various cabin review sites and have not been able to find some specific information on the Showers in Balcony Cabins on the Caribbean Princess. I have some very specific questions which are:

1. What are the physical dimensions of the shower. Don't care about the height too much. Looking to know the foot print (LxW). 
  2. Does it have a lip between it and rest of the bathroom area. 
  3. If the Answer to #3 is Yes, what is the height of the lip. 

I'm looking for very accurate information here, for reasons I'm not going to get into. 

Thanks to anyone who can provide this level of detail. 

Cheers, 

Hi

Not sure if it helps but it maybe worth contacting the Princess approved company which provides mobility and personal care adapted equipment for use on board from your departure port.

In my experience these companies have very accurate details about specific cabins including dimensions. They are in the business of hiring equipment including shower seats etc so they need such information to be sure what they hire out is suitable 

Juliax

I know that this does not answer your question and counts as unsolicited advice, and for both I apologize in advance. With that out of the way...on most cruises the price of a Mini-Suite isn’t that much more than a Balcony, and if you are particular about your bathroom setup, the price difference is more than worth it. I have been cruising with a spouse who truly, truly cares about the bathroom and having a bathtub. I always book MS’s. Happy wife as the saying goes. The one time I booked a Balcony on Royal hoping that she could make due given the price of the cruise, I ended up accepting an upgrade offer and for a few hundred more, got the MS in the long run. Sounds like you truly care about your bath/shower situation so I would definitely look into a MS. 

I have never measured the step up into the shower. It has been several years since I have been able to sail in a standard cabin. Having had polio as a child I now struggle with post-polio and have great difficulty lifting my legs. The small step into the shower is more than I can handle. I now reserve accessible cabins. The baths are larger, have handicapped bars and roll-in showers with a seat. For me, it works.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I know that this does not answer your question and counts as unsolicited advice, and for both I apologize in advance. With that out of the way...on most cruises the price of a Mini-Suite isn’t that much more than a Balcony, and if you are particular about your bathroom setup, the price difference is more than worth it. I have been cruising with a spouse who truly, truly cares about the bathroom and having a bathtub. I always book MS’s. Happy wife as the saying goes. The one time I booked a Balcony on Royal hoping that she could make due given the price of the cruise, I ended up accepting an upgrade offer and for a few hundred more, got the MS in the long run. Sounds like you truly care about your bath/shower situation so I would definitely look into a MS. 

It sounds as if the OP is concerned with the minor step into and out of the shower. The mini suite tube would likely be a major issue. One has to step up quite a bit to get into the tub and the step down and out is problematic for many. It's a big step down - I was quite surprised.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It sounds as if the OP is concerned with the minor step into and out of the shower. The mini suite tube would likely be a major issue. One has to step up quite a bit to get into the tub and the step down and out is problematic for many. It's a big step down - I was quite surprised.

Could very well be, in which case your post is spot on. If mobility is a concern, a MS tub would be a no go. But the need for the precise LxW dimensions had me thinking that cubic feet was a paramount concern. It would help if the OP could provide a tad more information regarding what the greatest needs are: space, ease of entry or both. 

23 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Could very well be, in which case your post is spot on. If mobility is a concern, a MS tub would be a no go. But the need for the precise LxW dimensions had me thinking that cubic feet was a paramount concern. It would help if the OP could provide a tad more information regarding what the greatest needs are: space, ease of entry or both. 

Good observations. The OP is being a bit reticent to disclose details and one can, of course, understand why. Many are very private regarding personal issues. I'm a weirdo and would (possibly) just "put it all out there". I completely understand why many don't want to do that. I have personal experience - both from a long-time friend and also from one of our sons - with disabilities. In the case of the friend long-term and considerable disabilities. In the case of our son... He broke his neck at age 20. I met a LOT of paraplegic and quadriplegic folks in the VA hospital during his (almost year long) stay there. I've seen and heard a lot.

Some folks are very private about personal issues. Others aren't. It's an extremely personal thing and not open to judgement. At this point all we can do is offer (hopefully) constructive information and hope that it helps the OP. Thanks for your input regarding my comment. Hopefully, in the aggregate, our cumulative comments will prove helpful to the OP.

Edited by Thrak

On 6/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, crystalspin said:

No inch measurements but here is a pic uploaded in 2017 by MEGATLX

Thanks, the picture gives me everything I need. The DW can make her decision based on this. 

To give a little detail, the DW likes/needs to occasionally soak her posterior. Therefore either a Tub or Shower that can be plugged and get a few inches of water in it is required. 

Also, thanks to all who responded. 

Cheers,

Edited by drowelf

1 hour ago, drowelf said:

Thanks, the picture gives me everything I need. The DW can make her decision based on this. 

To give a little detail, the DW likes/needs to occasionally soak her posterior. Therefore either a Tub or Shower that can be plugged and get a few inches of water in it is required. 

Also, thanks to all who responded. 

Cheers,

Right on.  I hope it works out for you two.