says Hub App is incompatible....HELP

cthrn27

HELLO.  Just booked cruise and tried to download Carnival Hub App from Google Play Store for my Moto xt109.  Tells me it is incompatible with my device....but I used it last year.  Also, I went to the settings and says that software is up to date (version 5.1) Can anyone lend assistance, please???  I loved the app, but I'm not the most tech savvy....

I found that the app was not compatible with my Moto either!!

The folks on board said that it is not compatible with all phones and they couldn't help me at all!

I had no trouble using it on Princess so was extremely annoyed that it wouldn't work on Carnival!

I don't know why yours worked last year but not this year?

Maybe they "upgraded" their system??

Your phone may just be old and outdated. You can go to your system settings -> Help -> About to see what Android version your phone is running. 6.0 (Marshmallow) was released in 2015 so if your OS version is older than that, then your phone is out of date and it's time to upgrade. 

You've got Android 5.1. The Hub app needs Android 6.0. You were able to use the app last year before Carnival made changes to update the app for security in-line with Android 6.0 and made your version incompatible.

If possible, upgrade your phone to the latest version of Android. If not possible, you'll have to buy a new Android phone. Ignore the i-sheep (and save yourself some money).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cthrn27 said:

Thank you, all.  Certainly not the answer I was hoping for, but it makes sense.  Time to get a new phone, I guess....

But not an i-phone for us, it's too expensive. Your situation may be different than ours.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cthrn27 said:

Thank you, all.  Certainly not the answer I was hoping for, but it makes sense.  Time to get a new phone, I guess....

I have a similar problem with my phone (OnePlus One), which isn't compatible with the Netflix app.

I have a question about using the HUB to communicate with others.  I assume that those with the same boarding number will be linked up, but can you add others - my daughter & her family will also be onboard.  I know that there is a $5 fee to be able to text each other, but I've never used the HUB before & wondered how to add those with another boarding number. 

When signing in to the app, each person uses their individual folio number. That way it is personalized if they use favorites to mark activities.  I assume you can use the same folio number on several devices? Which is what you are proposing with all in the cabin. 

But would that allow you to chat basically with yourself? 

For chat, each person pays $5 and you can add anyone in any cabin.

it is not based at all on your boarding number, just the folio number, which is individual for each person. 

3 hours ago, sc4125 said:

I have a question about using the HUB to communicate with others.  I assume that those with the same boarding number will be linked up, but can you add others - my daughter & her family will also be onboard.  I know that there is a $5 fee to be able to text each other, but I've never used the HUB before & wondered how to add those with another boarding number. 

You can chat with anyone on the ship, as long as they have the chat feature purchased. Just search for their name and add them. Once they accept the request, you can chat them. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

You can chat with anyone on the ship, as long as they have the chat feature purchased. Just search for their name and add them. Once they accept the request, you can chat them. 

Thank you so much for this info. Good to know that I won't need to get everyone's folio number - looking them up by name will be so much easier.