Breeze or Conquest

eltigre

I would do Breeze. Bigger alchemy bar, better comedy club, Ocean Plaza, Lanai, Red Frog Pub, Guy's BBQ, Cucina Del Capitano,  Bonsai Sushi, Mongolian Wok, Ropes course, thrill theater, water works, Cloud 9 spa.

• Like 2

I agree with basically everything Saint Greg said with a few comments. Personally, I like the layout of the comedy club lounge on Conquest class ships better than the layout on Dream class ships. I also like the atrium/lobby better on Conquest class ships, which has a better layout for bands and events hosted by the CD. My wife and I enjoy talking to the bartenders at the Alchemy Bar, which can be difficult on Breeze when a band is playing at the adjacent Ocean Plaza.  I don’t think you can go wrong with either ship, but all things being equal I would pick Breeze. 

I've been on both ships and I love the Breeze - it's probably my favorite of all CCL ships I've been on.  I wasn't that crazy about the Conquest, but there wasn't any one thing that was really bad - for some reason it just wasn't one of my favorite cruises. 

Aside from not having as many extra pay food options I really like the Conquest. It was super easy to get a seat at a comedy show or at the piano bar. I also liked other lounges were used for karaoke so you could have that going on at the same time as comedy.  It also has a sports bar which I liked, but no red frog pub so that's a trade off. I also like the alchemy being located by the piano bar instead of in the ocean plaza. I prefer the old set up with a regular bar in ocean plaza. I'm trying the Valor soon bc I enjoyed the Conquest so much.

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Personally, I like the layout of the comedy club lounge on Conquest class ships better than the layout on Dream class ships.

Dream class has a real bar area off the the side not that mcdonald's counter they call a bar on Conquest. On conquest the standing room only section in front of the bar basically allows people to come in late and block the view of everyone at the bar. Then you have the entrance. On conquest the entrance is on the side of the stage which is very distracting every time someone comes and goes during a show. On Dream class the entrance is in the back where people can come and go without the audience seeing it. The standing room area is right in the back by the doors as well so the late arrivals don't have to walk all the way through the club to get to the standing area. It's not close in my mind. Conquest class comedy club is at least third behind Dream and the original Fantasy comedy club...maybe fourth behind Splender as well. 

Edited by Saint Greg

Breeze is way better. I personally did not care for the Conquest decor was outdated, food options closed early, not too many activities, the CD was not that good! But it was a vacation and I made the most of it.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Dream class has a real bar area off the the side not that mcdonald's counter they call a bar on Conquest. On conquest the standing room only section in front of the bar basically allows people to come in late and block the view of everyone at the bar. Then you have the entrance. On conquest the entrance is on the side of the stage which is very distracting every time someone comes and goes during a show. On Dream class the entrance is in the back where people can come and go without the audience seeing it. The standing room area is right in the back by the doors as well so the late arrivals don't have to walk all the way through the club to get to the standing area. It's not close in my mind. Conquest class comedy club is at least third behind Dream and the original Fantasy comedy club...maybe fourth behind Splender as well. 

I understand your points, but I prefer the Conquest lounge because of the layout, the tiered seating, and the number of seats. We were just on Liberty a few weeks ago and we watched several comedy shows every night. We are going on Breeze next week and I know we won’t watch too many comedy shows because of the lounge layout. I agree with your comment about the lounges on Fantasy class ships (except Fantasy), but I also prefer the comedy lounges on Spirit class ships and Destiny class ships, although Victory is the only one left and that will change next year. 

So the price is $350 more for the 2 of us. The amount of time in each port is very similar. The Breeze is Port Canaveral & the Conquest is  Miami. Coming from Vancouver B.C. getting into Miami would be easier even with the connecting flight. How do I get from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral ?

Thank you for your thoughts regarding the comparisons.

5 hours ago, eltigre said:

So the price is $350 more for the 2 of us. The amount of time in each port is very similar. The Breeze is Port Canaveral & the Conquest is  Miami. Coming from Vancouver B.C. getting into Miami would be easier even with the connecting flight. How do I get from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral ?

Thank you for your thoughts regarding the comparisons.

There's a shuttle called goport from MCO to Port Canaveral for $15/person.

I think you can't go wrong.  The Breeze is my favorite Dream class ship, though I would avoid deck 6 balconies.  The Cloud 9 Spa is superior to both earlier and later versions.  There's always lots of activity on mid to aft deck 5, and lots of private, quiet space mid to front.

I prefer the Freedom, a Conquest class ship.  More public space, less crowding, few long lines.  It has a more relaxed feeling, and since this year's dry dock, a multitude of included breakfast/lunch venues.  I don't know if the Conquest has had the same upgrades, but it has nearly the same layout.

Given the two options I would probably decide based on the port.

Happy sailing.