Coffee Makers In-room...

Rumncoke

Either order from room service (for light breakfast and coffee can put on door the night before to deliver), or go to Lido or buy coffee at specialty coffee stand.

Room service has been hit or miss for me as to if it is slow or on time. Have also been completely forgotten before. Calling room service can be a nightmare so advise to do it ahead.

Just call CCL and ask the question specifically about your ship and cabin's furnishings. 

I assured my DW on the last cruise that the Paradise would have a hair dryer; she called - they didn't - and told her to bring one.  She did (they didn't confiscate it). Turns out they DID have one in the room (!!!).

Perhaps in some suites there's coffee (Keurig) machines - HAL has them in their suites - but generally ships try to avoid putting heat (fire) generating appliances in staterooms. The irons (and ironing boards) are 'hard wired' in the laundry rooms, and controlled by timers as an example. 

Carnival does not have any coffee makers in the cabins, including no Keurigs in the suites.

JH has fielded a few "questions" over this issue, and it seems Carnival has no intentions of altering that policy.

My wife requires a couple of mugs of coffee to get going in the morning, so I traipse up/down to the Lido deck to grab a few mugs of it (we bring a small tray, which helps a lot!).  One of these days I'm going to go to the coffee bar instead...just wish it was faster.

NCL has them in balcony cabins.  Just about every hotel/motel has them.  They shut off automatically, not sure how dangerous they actually are.  I would think they would save a lot of money but not having people call room service!  I would LOVE a mini coffee pot in my cabin!

• Like 2

We always bring our insulated travel mugs with us.  I get up before my wife so I take the mugs, go down to the  Lido and fill mine  and wander around for a while.  Then when I think she may be up, I fill both and take them to our cabin.  If she's still asleep, the mugs keep her coffee hot until she does wake up.  

The nice thing about the mugs is you can use them for ice tea or lemonade during the day and it stays cold.

Edited by RWolver672

16 hours ago, WMQueenie said:

NCL has them in balcony cabins.  Just about every hotel/motel has them.  They shut off automatically, not sure how dangerous they actually are.  I would think they would save a lot of money but not having people call room service!  I would LOVE a mini coffee pot in my cabin!

The Keurig pods are NOT good coffee. They are "convenient" coffee.  But NOT good coffee. Just MHO.

And which pods get offered?  Flavored? Dark (burnt)roast? Decaf?  How many?

18 hours ago, coevan said:

We bring a thermoses to the Lido deck, we find the coffee better and hotter then room service

Hotter maybe but same coffee, same brewing process.  Similar in MDR.  They just put it in smaller pots to serve you.

We (I) grab the Java Café coffee in the morning and bring it back to the cabin.  But I do refills out of the Lido or Ocean Plaza urns.   Love Chemix brewing at home with good small farms, locally roasted, coffee but too messy to handle on ship.  Have seen French Presses on board, using the hotter water from the Lido Urns versus room service.  Where the grounds go or how they clean those pots up is beyond me. 

45 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

The Keurig pods are NOT good coffee. They are "convenient" coffee.  But NOT good coffee. Just MHO.

And which pods get offered?  Flavored? Dark (burnt)roast? Decaf?  How many?

They were not Keurigs in the regular rooms (I think the suites had them).  It was your basic hotel style single cup coffee maker.  Not the best coffee but it was good enough to drink while sitting on the balcony in my p.j.s!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We put our coffee order outside on the doorknob every night.  They ask you to choose a time frame. We ask for 7am to 7:30am.  They are always on time.   We use this as our "wakeup" call.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one!  Haha!  I love that they are my "wakeup" by a nice gentle rap on the door and when answering is ALWAYS the nicest deliverer with piping hot coffee and whatever I've ordered.  I write "Splenda" and also "liquid cream" on my door hangers and have never had them not deliver those as well.  I have had them come a few minutes early, but never late.

3 minutes ago, CruizCuz said:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one!  Haha!  I love that they are my "wakeup" by a nice gentle rap on the door and when answering is ALWAYS the nicest deliverer with piping hot coffee and whatever I've ordered.  I write "Splenda" and also "liquid cream" on my door hangers and have never had them not deliver those as well.  I have had them come a few minutes early, but never late.

The one thing I'll disagree on is that the coffee is not piping hot.  But it will at least get us through until we get to  breakfast.

• Thanks 1

Pardon my confusion, but I heard people say that they bring Keurig Pods onboard? My father enjoys Dunkin Donuts' coffee and the Dunkin Donut's pods would suffice. How would the coffee be assembled without a coffee maker?

22 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Pardon my confusion, but I heard people say that they bring Keurig Pods onboard? My father enjoys Dunkin Donuts' coffee and the Dunkin Donut's pods would suffice. How would the coffee be assembled without a coffee maker?

It can't work on Carnival.

Maybe you heard about folks doing that on another cruise line?