Comedy Show instead of Headliner

For my upcoming Symphony cruise, I see that they have a comedy show in the theatre instead of a headliner show. 

Does this mean that Royal couldn't find a headliner for this cruise? Would it be the same routine that I'd find in the attic? Or would it be a different performer? 

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I've read that Royal has discontinued headliners for Symphony.  Replaced by a movie.

I don’t recall that from our spring Symphony cruise.

I have noticed a decline in the quality of headliners. Used to be we saw actual known performers. Rarely so any more. And  honestly, I am so tired of yet another juggler. 

I’ll take a  movie!

m

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have noticed that the 2 comedy club comedians do a G rated show, usually the last evening, and often held in the theater. No reservations needed. 

M

They often do two shows on ladt night, one is more late night in nature and time

1 hour ago, ryguy2008 said:

Thanks everyone. 

With this in mind, is there a point in seeing the show at the attic and the theatre? 

Sure, the comedians will have different material.

I just got off symphony and off of oasis in March. No headliner shows. The last night on both ships they had the same comedians that we saw in comedy club. Even worse, the same exact show. Why even go to the comedy club during the week when the exact show is repeated in the theatre. 

1 minute ago, renza said:

I just got off symphony and off of oasis in March. No headliner shows. The last night on both ships they had the same comedians that we saw in comedy club. Even worse, the same exact show. Why even go to the comedy club during the week when the exact show is repeated in the theatre. 

That's too bad. Last year on Harmony, the headliner was a great a cappella group (The Edge Effect).

24 minutes ago, renza said:

Honestly, I've found the adult theater show very different than the Comedy Club show on Oasis

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly, I've found the adult theater show very different than the Comedy Club show on Oasis

They even said on both ships, if you have seen the show during the week it will be the same show tonight. We have been on all the oasis class ships now and a few years ago they did have a headliner show, but not any longer. 

54 minutes ago, renza said:

They even said on both ships, if you have seen the show during the week it will be the same show tonight. We have been on all the oasis class ships now and a few years ago they did have a headliner show, but not any longer. 

Well, I haven't been on an Oasis ship since March, but I've never heard that about the end of week comedy show. I've sailed them around 20 times.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, I haven't been on an Oasis ship since March, but I've never heard that about the end of week comedy show. I've sailed them around 20 times.

We too have sailed many times. We live 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale. So we take around 3 cruises a year. This last year is when it changed. On oasis and symphony. But our friends said all the oasis class ships have gotten rid of headliners. We have seen the one comedian multiple times and his jokes do not change much. 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:38 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t recall that from our spring Symphony cruise.

I have noticed a decline in the quality of headliners. Used to be we saw actual known performers. Rarely so any more. And  honestly, I am so tired of yet another juggler. 

I’ll take a  movie!

m

They have to save their money for more important things!

13 hours ago, renza said:

We too have sailed many times. We live 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale. So we take around 3 cruises a year. This last year is when it changed. On oasis and symphony. But our friends said all the oasis class ships have gotten rid of headliners. We have seen the one comedian multiple times and his jokes do not change much. 

I'm guessing your friends are wrong about no headliners on 'all' Oasis ships.

I just booked them for Harmony August 4th and 18th

image.png.a468aa8a0e58c9bd8f3540dbcaf2401f.png

• Like 1