Just wanna cry now!

Wolfsrule

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Cruising is pretty economical considering all that goes along with it, but we can and have done plenty of land-based vacations for much cheaper and had just as good of a time. One of our favorite vacations has been going to the Smoky Mountains. We can do that for about a third of what it costs us to cruise. We'd rent a cabin with a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out every night. I know a lot of people don't want to cook their own meals on vacation, but we never minded and it saved us money. Then a majority of our entertainment was hiking and taking scenic drives. We absolutely love it down there. We drive everywhere we go, even to the home ports when we cruise. I've always enjoyed driving long distances; although, it's not quite as easy on me as it used to be. 😋

Our last two big vacations have been cruises and if it were up to my wife, we'd do nothing but cruises. I really enjoy them, too, but there's still places I want to see. Our son and I would like to check off a couple of those places, sooner rather than later. We're going on another cruise next March, but hopefully after that, we'll do some of the others.

We take shorter road trips now & again, too. A couple weekends ago, we drove about 4 hours just to get away and to see a monster truck event. We hadn't been to one in several years and our son just graduated high school, so he wanted to do that to celebrate. Then we had plans for the following day before going home, but he discovered an air show that was going on that weekend. We love air shows. It turned out to only be about an hour from where we were staying, in the general direction of home, so we happily changed our plans and took an impromptu trip there instead.

My dream vacation is visiting the WWII cemetery in Normandy, France. My grandpa was in Normandy on D-Day, and I'm a bit of a WWII buff, so I'd love to go pay my respects. And also visit Remagen, Germany. My grandpa fought in the Battle of Remagen, so it has special meaning to me. But we can't afford something like that right now. Hopefully some day.

... Image result for tipping hat emoji

16 hours ago, Wolfsrule said:

Actually found out yesterday we are planning a road trip to North Carolina in September! So now I’m excited again because that’s only a few months away and I’ve never been there. Also got my family on board to try for a cruise next spring so I’m back to planning. I already feel so much better!

Great news.

Cruising it just great.... I understand your feeling.....

Shortest time between cruises was about 12 weeks it was wonderful.....

But we are retired, so planning to get time off is so ease now.... in some ways I am glad we waited until my 60's to start cruising..... didn't think we like it..... how wrong can you be...

Plan another Cruise is the only way even if its a year away... it is something to look forward too...

So enjoy your next cruise... whenever it is

Cheers Don  

• Like 1

Just found a cruise that’s doable for September 2020! As we only owe $90 a month to pay it off. It may be over a year away still but last time I waited 3 years so knowing I have a cruise in just over a year to look forward makes me happy!

7 minutes ago, Wolfsrule said:

As we only owe $90 a month

$90 x 16 months = $1440  Really?  You can do a cruise for that price?  Wow.  Where are you going?  

Oh, and when you make monthly payments are you paying interest?

Edited by clo

11 minutes ago, clo said:

$90 x 16 months = $1440  Really?  You can do a cruise for that price?  Wow.  Where are you going?  

Oh, and when you make monthly payments are you paying interest?

Well it’s actually $180 a month but split the payments between two people=$90.

its a 6 day cruise to Amber Cove, The Bahamas and one place I forget on the Magic.

Thats added in gratituties

Edited by Wolfsrule

15 minutes ago, Wolfsrule said:

its a 6 day cruise to Amber Cove, The Bahamas and one place I forget on the Magic.

good job.

18 minutes ago, Wolfsrule said:

So about $500/day?  Whew.  BTW, do you have to pay interest when you may monthly payments?

10 hours ago, clo said:

I'm doing ten days in August/September for $690.15 (includes port taxes, doesn't include $14.95/day gratuity).  

Ports include Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, and Nassau.  

I'm not sure why you're so shocked.....????  Cruising can be very affordable.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I'm doing ten days in August/September for $690.15 (includes port taxes, doesn't include $14.95/day gratuity).  

Ports include Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, and Nassau.  

I'm not sure why you're so shocked.....????  Cruising can be very affordable.

I thought she was talking about for two.

It seems like those ports are quite affordable.  And perhaps Alaska?  But either I've been there or am not interested.  Dagnabbit 🙂