Are all booking deposits non refundable?

In order to get to the refundable booking you must go all the way through the booking process including entering guest names and then you will see the option to make it a refundable deposit and the corresponding price increase. 

Or call  a TA or Royal, it’s quite easy for them to get to.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

No, each sail, I believe has a refundable deposit fare.  You need to enter a fictitious name and other information and you will see the refundable deposits.  RCL does not make it easy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Unless you are booking a Grand Suite or higher or a guarantee stateroom.  They are only non refundable

Nope, not true. All can be refundable. A person has to go to a bit more trouble, as explained above, but refundable fares are available for every category stateroom. In the case of our next cruise, the refundable fare costs about $250 more than the non-refundable for a balcony cabin. That's about 6% of the total fare in our case. 

Edited by SantaFeFan

16 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Nope, not true. All can be refundable. A person has to go to a bit more trouble, as explained above, but refundable fares are available for every category stateroom. In the case of our next cruise, the refundable fare costs about $250 more than the non-refundable for a balcony cabin. That's about 6% of the total fare in our case. 

As stated GS and above and guarantees are always non refundable.

see item 8

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As stated GS and above and guarantees are always non refundable.

see item 8

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

OOPS! Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood the statement and thought it meant something else. Sorry to create any confusion. 

Related image

• Like 1

I just booked thru one of the big box, online sites with no deposit, other than their standard $24.99 booking fee.  So there was no deposit to refund, should I decide prior to final payment that we should cancel.  Since I cannot name the site, it is the one that rhymes with mice mine.   I’ve used this vendor many times and never had a problem.

8 hours ago, BamaLady#13 said:

I just booked thru one of the big box, online sites with no deposit, other than their standard $24.99 booking fee.  So there was no deposit to refund, should I decide prior to final payment that we should cancel.

You either booked into one of their TA Group special deals or are booked at a RCCL fully refundable cruise fare. The No Deposit offer doesn't apply to RCCL's Non Refundable rate.... and in addition to keeping their $24.99 booking fee, the agency will charge your credit card on file a $100 cancellation fee.

-------------------------------------------

Book Now, Pay Later: We'll Waive Your Deposit -
Put your dream vacation on the calendar now, and pay for it later! When you book select 3+ night sailings, we'll waive the booking deposit.

BOOK NOW - OFFER ENDS FRIDAY!

Additional Terms & Conditions
Not valid on bookings requiring non-refundable deposits. Deposit must be paid 10 days prior to final payment due date; if changes are made benefit will become void and the cruise lines full deposit is required; changes resulting in a new cruise line booking are considered a cancellation, subject to cruise line’s cancellation policy, our $24.99 processing fee, and $100 cancel fee. Credit card used at time of booking will automatically be charged when the deposit remainder is due.
Edited by AdGuyMG

19 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

Wrong.

Grand Suites and above are ONLY non-refundable.

Jr suites and lower categories are available both ways.

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

Wrong.

Also guarantees of any category are NRD.

28 minutes ago, SRF said:

Wrong.

Already been corrected and accepted. Post #11. Not too proud to admit when I am wrong. 😉

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

Post #4 is slightly ambiguous......sort of.  I misunderstood the statement connection, but I see now that someone reworded it.  I didn't know that GS and above, and  GTY cabins only had non- refundable deposits.   

I booked a 4-day cruise in a JS, and the deposit was only Refundable......no non- refundable option.  There’s a twist to the Norm!!