Drinks to get with package

Jasonmom

On 6/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, AmyJA said:

We end each day with a double shot of Bailey's to take back to the room.

Wasn't going to post this question .... a little embarrassed ....but this seems to be the right place!!

Any bars open REALLY EARLY on Breakaway?  I've learned that Bailey's can turn a mediocre cup of coffee into quite yummy!  Or do I need to do like Amy JA and get it the night before?

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, CardFanDubG said:

Enjoy the list @Sailing12Away That's the fun of the Beverage Package. As @jmh3791 stated, if you taste it and don't like it, just try a different drink. 😋

@Con5421 - Shakes are not included in the package. There are many frozen drinks alcoholic and non-alcoholic (The above list has 4 pages of non-alcoholic drinks) that are similar to shakes, Mudslide & BBC in particular. 

Thank  You, i don't drink and my husband only soda's. But maybe i can try the non alcholic cocktails.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, FLAHAM said:

Gin Martini.

Gin and tonic.

Gin and juice.

Courvoisier neat (after dinner).

Mudslides - fine for those who ordinarily drink chocolate milk with their dinner.

LOL

On 6/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, bellame said:

Wasn't going to post this question .... a little embarrassed ....but this seems to be the right place!!

Any bars open REALLY EARLY on Breakaway?  I've learned that Bailey's can turn a mediocre cup of coffee into quite yummy!  Or do I need to do like Amy JA and get it the night before?

I think most ships have a bar near the Cafe that opens pretty early, and the bar in the atrium is open early too.  I found this the case on both Getaway and Escape.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bellame said:

Thanks, PtC Dawg.   I'll check those out.  Leaving in 5 days ...YAY!!!

So much info on Cruise Critic.  Love it!

I think Atrium Bar opens at 8:00. I'm a Bailey's and Coffee person on vacation so always start my day with them either at Atrium Bar or MDR. 

MDR waiters/waitresses will get it for you.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, bellame said:

Well never been on Breakaway, but will be on her in September.  I have done my research.  :classic_biggrin:

From the Freestyle Daily the past April, Atrium Café 6AM.

This is the list of drinks I ordered on the Epic 2 years ago.  By far my favorite was the Eastern Legacy from Maltings bar.

Rebellious Fish
Rum Punch
Mango Meltdown
Daydreamer Daiquiri
Toma
Amaretto Sour
French Raspberry
Eastern Legacy
Angry Orchard
Mimosa
Long Island Iced Tea
Mai Tai
Gateway
Bahama Mama
Wasabi Cocktail
Malibu Bay Breeze
Mud Slide
Grass Clippings
Mojito
Malibu and Cranberry
Peach Bellini
Pinot Grigio wine
Toasted Almond
Painkiller
Cuba Libra
BBC
Bushwackers
Dale
Matador
Honey Lemonade
Mr Worldwide
Sex on the Boat
Joseph's special drink (this was a concoction Joseph made that was his recipe)
Basil Cucumber Twist
Aviation
Emperor's Nector
Caipirinha
Singapore Sling
Amaretto Sour

Strongbow Cider
Banana Daiquiri
Pisco Punch
Pina Colada
Chardonay
Frangelico
Midori Sour
Tequila Sunrise
Moscow Mule
Margarita
Grand Marnier
White Russian
Strawberry Daiquiri
Lavender Patch
Citrus Gem
Chambord
Miami Vice
Lemon Drop Martini
Le Fizz
Cosmopolitan
Acai Caipirinha
Strawberry Caipirinha

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:41 PM, Jasonmom said:

Have been on approximately 25 cruises but this is my first cruise to have included drinks.  What does everyone here suggest?  I tend to like sweet and rum drinks

If you like a twist on a pina colada you must order a ‘Miami vice’ 

it’s red white and blue and resembles a ‘bomb pop’

i guarantee when you are walking back to your deck chair 10 different people will stop you and ask what you are drinking!!!

its amazing

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, expectthebest said:

If you like a twist on a pina colada you must order a ‘Miami vice’ 

it’s red white and blue and resembles a ‘bomb pop’

i guarantee when you are walking back to your deck chair 10 different people will stop you and ask what you are drinking!!!

its amazing

and when I'm in the mood for sweet, Miami Vice!

On 6/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, bellame said:

O'Sheehans (or The Local on Bliss) is open for breakfast and I think they stay throughout most of the cruise.  We have gotten baileys and coffee there plenty of mornings...

15 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

O'Sheehans (or The Local on Bliss) is open for breakfast and I think they stay throughout most of the cruise.  We have gotten baileys and coffee there plenty of mornings...

Thank you .....  I guess my follow-up question is,    The UDP perk covers the Bailey's/coffee, right?  It's MOT considered "specialty or premium" coffee?

On 6/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, BirdTravels said:

Start at the top of the menu and work your way on down (especially if there is a Mojito bar on the ship). The idea is to order those drinks that you would never, ever pay for at your local bar,,, and try them out. Keep ordering until your fuel gauge reads "Full". 

Oh yeah, and start early with a bloody mary or mimosa for breakfast, beers and wines mid-day, foo foo cocktails at night, and that after dinner drink to get you to "Full". 

E4EE8C15-BD79-46B0-BABB-12742703A3EB.jpeg

C86CEB0B-18A5-4078-A66C-1BDD87BD0953.jpeg

894550C3-FF1B-4380-903A-6A4C31234F47.jpeg

EAADFE71-56E3-4630-B622-C74967E94F30.jpeg

Is it bad how excited I just got looking at the drink menu?  Heading out on the Blis on the 14th for our very first cruise.

On 7/4/2019 at 2:43 PM, bellame said:

Thank you .....  I guess my follow-up question is,    The UDP perk covers the Bailey's/coffee, right?  It's MOT considered "specialty or premium" coffee?

Just returned from NCL Jewel Alaska cruise and I had Irish Coffee at O'Sheheens many times with breakfast. No up-charge was ever incurred. 

On 6/26/2019 at 5:08 PM, CardFanDubG said:

I created this beverage list for a Meet & Greet. Maybe there may be some there that interest you. 

NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 5.85 MB · 354 downloads

Where can you order the Basil Berry Julep? I feel like most bartenders wouldnt know what this is or how to make it!