Will "the Key" be offered in 2020?

Just curious.  My cruise is not till mid-January of 2020, but so far The Key is not available on my Cruise Planner.  Has anyone seen The Key offered for ANY cruise in 2020 yet?

I'm going on the Liberty in January 2021. I asked if "The Key" would be offered on that cruise and RCL responded that it is now offered on all ships. It doesn't come out on Cruise Planner until one year to 90 days ahead of your cruise.

59 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

I'm going on the Liberty in January 2021. I asked if "The Key" would be offered on that cruise and RCL responded that it is now offered on all ships. It doesn't come out on Cruise Planner until one year to 90 days ahead of your cruise.

Thanks for this info.  I guess I'm not close enough yet (still more than 6 months out).  Waiting to see what the price will be...

2 hours ago, karen_g said:

Just curious.  My cruise is not till mid-January of 2020, but so far The Key is not available on my Cruise Planner.  Has anyone seen The Key offered for ANY cruise in 2020 yet?

No.  They simply haven't been loaded yet.  What ship will you be on?

3 hours ago, karen_g said:

I just had a Twilight Zone moment.

I went into the Cruise Planner for my first January 2020 cruise.  I hovered my cursor over the "internet and more" tab.  The list flickered between a list without the Key and a list with the Key.  So it's "there", but it's not.  It's  not "live" yet.  😮

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I have been looking for the Key for several weeks for my January 2020 Indy sailing and it is still not showing up on my Cruise Planner. Also not showing for my May 2020 Oasis cruise. 

2 hours ago, karen_g said:

Thanks for this info.  I guess I'm not close enough yet (still more than 6 months out).  Waiting to see what the price will be...

Probably working on a price increase

• Like 1

I can't see them getting rid of the Key.  They are making money on it.  I can see them not releasing it long term because it is a fairly new product and I am sure their marketing people are pricing to see what the market will bear...... 

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

You'll need to decide if it's worth it to you to purchase....We have seen it's not for us. Just another money making scheme.

Why not just answer the question. She didn't ask you if it was worth it. She can decide for herself if it is worth it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I called RC and was told The Key will show up on Cruise Planner approximately 6 months before sailing.  I search it several times a day, waiting to sign up. 

Not available on my January Mariner yet

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just had a Twilight Zone moment.

I went into the Cruise Planner for my first January 2020 cruise.  I hovered my cursor over the "internet and more" tab.  The list flickered between a list without the Key and a list with the Key.  So it's "there", but it's not.  It's  not "live" yet.  😮

Yes same happens for me.  It's kind of funny you can trap it on the screen if scroll over it quick enough with your mouse.  It won't disappear if you get your mouse over it.  Kind of tricky but I managed to do it.  Doesn't do you any good though, clicking it once you've got it trapped does absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, Heatherco said:

Havent sailed in a couple years.  Could someone tell me what The Key is?

Thanks!

An opportunity to purchase many of the Suite perks.  You also get internet and some semi private time on FlowRider, rockwall, etc..

• Thanks 1

I am sailing Symphony December 2019

Booked a year in advance December 2018

Key was available when I booked for $19 so I purchased it along with Deluxe drink pkg.

Royal site frequently has major glitches.

Keep checking daily.