Sirena 6046 obstructed view

ikenrose

Hello,

We stayed in this stateroom but I don't know if it was on the Sirena or another R class ship, but although it is small we were OK.  The view from the window is partly blocked but you still get plenty of light. 

I think it all depends on how much space you want/need and how important that is to you.  We were on a long cruise in this stateroom and it did not bother me because we always had plenty of room in the public spaces of the ship (inside or outside), always plenty of chairs.  If your room is just to sleep and have a shower it will be fine.

Sonja

I would never again book one of the obstructed views rooms.  They are just too small.  It was difficult for the two of us to get dressed at the same time.  Others find them a nice sweet spot due to cabin location and price.  

Twenty days is a long time in that small of a cabin. If available, switch to 6030 or 6033, the two most aft of the E cabins.  You will get much more light at least because you only have the narrow davit down the middle of your picture window which holds a Zodiac (below the window line) obstructing your light and view.  Great location and very quiet.

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Twenty days is a long time in that small of a cabin. If available, switch to 6030 or 6033, the two most aft of the E cabins. 

Pam

those cabins are more forward  than 6046  ..I know on the deck plan it is hard to tell the pointy end

😉

45 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Pam

those cabins are more forward  than 6046  ..I know on the deck plan it is hard to tell the pointy end

😉

Lyn, you are right.  I apparently have forgotten my “ship language”: they are the two most forward E cabins while I believe 6046 is one of the two most aft E obstructed cabins.  We sailed our first three Oceania cruises in those cabins; we had them remove the round glass table which simply got in our way.  And it did teach me to put everything away because there was no small sofa on which to throw everything! And they are right by the forward elevators yet very quiet.

Edited by CintiPam

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2019 at 5:58 AM, ikenrose said:

Can anyone share their experience in this cabin. We are booked on a 20-day Western Europe cruise from Sept 24-Oct 15, 2020.

We have had the equivalent cabin on Insignia.

Yes it was small, to the point that we asked for the oval coffee table to be removed to make moving around easier.  This proved to be a good move and we soon settled into the cruise.

No creaking noise was encountered from the lifeboats in front of the window and despite the obstruction, benefited from the outside light and restricted view which we wouldn’t had we had gone for an inside.

Regards

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Some pics of Cabin 6049 with table removed1099049178_Insignia6049.JPG.cc28958f812571f5bd5d6e7abf747372.JPG77322811_Insigna6049.JPG.45911378a799c8e4f08099a3bae62641.JPG 6049

Insignia 6049 View.JPG

Thanks for posting the pictures -- they are always very valuable.  Frankly, I can't imagine where the table would go in that room; I'd be tripping over it all day and night!

Edited by mchell810