Suite Lounge - are those under 20 allowed ?

Just booked a VP suite on Independence for me and my kids (age 18, 17 and 17 at time of sailing.)

according to RCs description of suite benefits for this room, ‘minors’ under 20 are not allowed in the Concierge lounge . See point number 8 in the link below

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/VT_VP_VO_Suite_FAQ.pdf

Is the suite lounge the same as the concierge lounge, meaning that my kids will not be allowed access?  

Yes, they should be able to accompany you. I also think it means they have to be staying in the suite and therefore have suite privileges in their own right. Many people book a suite and a regular cabin for the kids which can be problematic if the “kids” are really young adults and don’t have suite privileges because of their regular cabin. 

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

My granddaughter always goes into all the suite lounges with us.  She will be able to go into the DL also, after March 2020,  as she will have sailed the required nights to obtain that status. 

They have been letting children in the DL for a few years now.

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Just thinking about the 3 free drinks you get at Diamond.  What do the kids get that are Diamond?  Do they get 3 free Shirley Temples or soda?  They would be entitled to something also.

No, the drink vouchers start at age 18.  However, you may find that the servers in the lounge will offer something.

That is not really fair to the under 18 Diamonds.  They sailed to get the status and get no reward unless someone feels like being nice.  And, yes, my granddaughter knows all about the status of being Diamond because she knows what it is to have Star Class.  Maybe we need to start a campaign to impliment better policies for the under 18 D and above.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

That is not really fair to the under 18 Diamonds.  They sailed to get the status and get no reward unless someone feels like being nice.  And, yes, my granddaughter knows all about the status of being Diamond because she knows what it is to have Star Class.  Maybe we need to start a campaign to impliment better policies for the under 18 D and above.

Try social media, they seem to be responsive to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I don't understand your comment.  What is "not really fair to under 18 Diamonds"?   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Since children under 18s "inherit" their parent's status, not all under 18 diamonds have sailed to get the status.

But I agree they they should be entitled to soft drinks, bottled water, etc.  It doesn't cost the cruiseline much.

3 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

Since children under 18s "inherit" their parent's status, not all under 18 diamonds have sailed to get the status.

But I agree they they should be entitled to soft drinks, bottled water, etc.  It doesn't cost the cruiseline much.

Why wouldn't they get soft drinks, water in the DL...as long as they are accompanied by parents during happy hour..I don't understand why they would be refused?  I see the kids being served sodas during that time in all of the DL/SL/CLs I have been to.  

Edited by island lady

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Why wouldn't they get soft drinks, water in the DL...as long as they are accompanied by parents during happy hour..I don't understand why they would be refused?  I see the kids being served sodas during that time in all of the DL/SL/CLs I have been to.  

Maybe she is referring to outside the DL

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think they would get their soft drinks in the lounges.

Not D until March 2020 so do not know what Diamond kids get.  Granddaughter will be Diamond by sailing, not because she will have a Diamond parent.  I guess I mean that they should be entitled to 3 drinks, whatever they want that is non-alcohol, if they choose to get them.  Since not Diamond yet we have only been in the D lounge to look around, and our Star Class card worked on the lock although the Concierge had no problem with us coming in.  Many D's and up say they just use the free drinks and do not need to purchase any drink package....so I was just trying to find out if we did not get any kind of drink package if she would be able to get 3 free sodas, water, or whatever she could that did no have alcohol in it.

• Like 1

Just now, lovescats5 said:

Not D until March 2020 so do not know what Diamond kids get.  Granddaughter will be Diamond by sailing, not because she will have a Diamond parent.  I guess I mean that they should be entitled to 3 drinks, whatever they want that is non-alcohol, if they choose to get them.  Since not Diamond yet we have only been in the D lounge to look around, and our Star Class card worked on the lock although the Concierge had no problem with us coming in.  Many D's and up say they just use the free drinks and do not need to purchase any drink package....so I was just trying to find out if we did not get any kind of drink package if she would be able to get 3 free sodas, water, or whatever she could that did no have alcohol in it.

Children under the age of 18 get the same perks, regardless of level.

I believe this thread has some scans of kid's copons:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2615839-crown-and-anchor-onboard-offers-all-levels-including-youth-allure/

3 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

Is diamond lounge the same as the suite or concierge lounge? Are we talking about the same thing ?

Again, depends on the ship.

On ships other than Oasis class, the Suite, Concierge, and Diamond lounges pretty much have the same offerings.

Oasis class Suite Lounges add the 11am to 11pm beverages.

And of course the types of guests allowed in each lounge varies.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe she is referring to outside the DL

Not sure..but how does that work?   Wouldn't the kids (being D and above) be able to get sodas on drink vouchers outside the DL as well?

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I think they would get their soft drinks in the lounges.

I think so also..and have seen it.  Of course parents are with them, as is the rule during happy hour of course.  

7 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

Back to my original question..... 🙂

anyone know if the suite lounge on Freedom class will allow in suite passengers under age 20 ?

Yes, but only when accompanied by parents during happy hour.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not sure..but how does that work?   Wouldn't the kids (being D and above) be able to get sodas on drink vouchers outside the DL as well?

Kids dont get vouchers 

29 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

Back to my original question..... 🙂

anyone know if the suite lounge on Freedom class will allow in suite passengers under age 20 ?

Yes, if they are under 18.  Not sure about the 18 and above group if they are not Diamond or above.