Allure post-October 2019 itineraries with azipod issue

44 minutes ago, 996turbos said:

No we had to pay whatever the current rate was on HOS but they waived the nonrefundable deposit fee. That said, my dd and her family saved $50.00, I paid $75.00 more, and my son who used a travel agent saved the most at $400.00.  So prices are mostly the same.

ok thank you

Curious if anyone who is on the Allure with the itinerary where Roatan was changed to Nassau, has called RCCL and asked for and successfully received any kind of OBC for the change...A friend is on an early Dec sailing and isn't terribly thrilled about the change, but doesn't want to cancel or rebook.

Has anyone successfully gotten OBC for itinerary changes if they ask RCCL nicely?  ☺️

21 minutes ago, str0nac said:

Curious if anyone who is on the Allure with the itinerary where Roatan was changed to Nassau, has called RCCL and asked for and successfully received any kind of OBC for the change...A friend is on an early Dec sailing and isn't terribly thrilled about the change, but doesn't want to cancel or rebook.

Has anyone successfully gotten OBC for itinerary changes if they ask RCCL nicely?  ☺️

I have the same question.  We have a group of family and friends going on the January 26th sailing and many of them booked because they have never been to Roatan.  Wondering if any type of compensation would be offered for the itinerary change.

Ours  Allure was changed also and we never received the opportunity to change/switch ships.  Not we are going to SJ.  Only 6 weeks out with unrest still.  And I know everyone can say it will be over, however, now the citizens are asking for the new gov. to be resign. So there are not known outcomes of this situation.  Really bummed we are not doing St. T.

Just got an email yesterday that on my 2/22/20 Rhapsody cruise, Cozumel and Costa Maya are flip flopped to make changes for slow boat Allure port changes.  Wow...that far out...I guess they still don't expect Allure to be up and running right! 😮 

4 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

Never mind, 

I see the change in my cruise planner, but never received an email. Is that normal?

There is no "normal" with Royal.

• Like 1

Can someone send me the letter received so I can see my options , as I dont see any letter in my email ? desiree_,mendezp@yahoo.com

Thank you!!!

I see that rooms are starting to open up in my cruise , so looks like people are switching 

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just got an email yesterday that on my 2/22/20 Rhapsody cruise, Cozumel and Costa Maya are flip flopped to make changes for slow boat Allure port changes.  Wow...that far out...I guess they still don't expect Allure to be up and running right! 😮 

It will be this way until she goes into dry dock.

When Royal makes port changes, is there an adjustment to port charges? If so, do they just show a credit or charge to your seapass account? We will be on Allure November 3 and they eliminated St. Kitts and added San Juan. 

23 minutes ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

When Royal makes port changes, is there an adjustment to port charges? If so, do they just show a credit or charge to your seapass account? 

Yes, if the new port if lower than the original.

Yes, as a credit, they don't charge you if the port charge goes up.

We are on the Dec 29th Allure Sailing and rec'd this from Costco which we used to book.   We were looking forward to Roatan. Been to Nassau many many times before, probably wont get off the ship since only in port til 2:30.

Due to a technical limitation on one of the ship's propulsion pods which lowers the maximum speed, resulting in slower travel, the following changes have been made to your itinerary. 

Tuesday: The day at sea has been replaced with a call to Nassau, Bahamas from 7:00am to 2:30pm
Wednesday: The call to Cozumel, Mexico has been replaced with a day at sea
Thursday: The call to Costa Maya, Mexico has been replaced with a call to Cozumel, Mexico from 10:00am to 8:00pm
Friday: The call to Roatan, Honduras has been cancelled and replaced with a call to Costa May, Mexico from 8:00am to 5:00pm

If you no longer wish to sail, please call our agency by August 8th, 2019, and we'll assist you in finding a new ship and sail date to move to. Or, if you choose to cancel, Royal Caribbean will provide a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits. 

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Where would they fix her?  Only place i’m Aware is in Spain. That would take her out of service for a few+ weeks like Oasis. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Where would they fix her?  Only place i’m Aware is in Spain. That would take her out of service for a few+ weeks like Oasis. 

I think they could take the ship to Turku, but I'll bet that would be a bigger hassle than Spain.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I think they could take the ship to Turku, but I'll bet that would be a bigger hassle than Spain.

Yes....  that is further than Cadez. It only makes sense to repair The Azipod during drydock. My guess it would take almost 4 weeks to make the trip over, repair, and then back. 

Let me add my 2 cents worth on this. We just found out they changed our trip also, no big deal right? They stated that they have the right to change it, I get that. But I'm really pissed because I called RCCL not once or twice, but 3 times over a course of 1 and a half months after hearing that they have been changing ports, trying to confirm that ours has not changed. Each time I was told by them we were all good. We booked the trip for the November sailing back in February. But after seeing posts in here about the pod being down, I called to see if it affected us and each time I was told no. Here is where I have a problem, our deposit ( for 10 people, 5 cabins) was due on 7-22-19, on 7-18-19 I called RCCL to confirm that no changes were made, and again I was told we were good to go.( had we known we would have changed the ship and sail dates) All of our cards were charged the deposits on 7-22-19. We then book the fights and we are all set. 3 days later I receive a VM ( and so did the others) that they changed the port because of the pod being down. They offered us the option of cancelling or rebooking on another cruise,.... great, but we cannot cancel the flights or we lose Thousands of $$ and we cannot change the sailing date because of the flights. So I call RCCL to complain, that I was told by them 2 DAYS earlier that no changes were made, but yet after the deposit came due, Bamm, now the change. The stupidvisior I spoke with, could care less and would not even offer any of us anything, no OBC, a dinner, nada,  just said  they were sorry, but you can cancel and we have people waiting to take your cabins.(and yes, I called my TA and they said they have been getting ALOT of complains about this, but nothing they can do about it, even thought they are one of the largest TA's)

The bottom line is they just do not care about their customers. You would think that since this effects ALL of the cruise dates until dry dock in February of 2020 they would tell everyone NOW about it, but NO they still have the same ports were booked with on their website as of today, total false advertising! I am going to file a complaint with US transportation dept, but I know it will not do any good, but I will fell better.

RCCL.....NEVER AGAIN! Customer service at its worst! If I ran my job like they do there, I would not have one. The ships are full so why care about anyone as long as they is someone to replace you.

As I said I did not have a problem if they had to change the port, but to tell all of us that we were good to go and right after they get our money and we book flights (2 days) ( non refundable) is total BS, Yes we are going, we have no choice or we lose the airfare money or put it towards another flight, but there is a $200 change fee for each person plus any change in the ticket price, so for 10 people that adds up to $2000 plus more for another 10 with new fares.

Yes I'm pissed, so are the others

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cindivan said:

We are on the November 10 cruise and didn’t receive an email. Is that because our TA got an email and didn’t forward?

Not sure, but Royal's email has not been extremely reliable over the years.

• Like 1