Live from the Edge and I love my infinity veranda!

ginak1112

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Sounds great! Was the person doing the Whitney show Ashley Amber, by any chance? Can't wait to hear about the Eden dinner. Don't forget to lift your orb so that the lovely Edenists will come and chat. 🙂

Yes, Ashlie Amber. She really is fantastic! 

8 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Were you sailing when they offered this? (The photo looks like you are). When we sailed EDGE they only offered dinner on the Magic Carpet while in port and it had to be a late departure at that. For our itinerary it was San Juan. They didn't offer dinner while sailing as they said too many things would blow around/off tables, etc. Maybe now they have a system down to avoid this and do offer it while sailing? 

Yes, we were sailing. The seas were perfectly calm but there definitely was a breeze although enjoyable. I can imagine what it would be like with choppy waters! They offered it 2 nights with 2 seatings. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope these  acts are on board when we sail  the Whitney Houston performerm Asley Amber had rotated off the week we were on EDGE...sorry we missed her!

We avoided the Eden shiw but may  peek in next time around..heard it  has been shortened, and the incense is gone ?????

Menu for Dinner on the EDGE looks awesome...seems there are more choices (dh allergic to lobster and could select meat)

We haven’t made the show yet but will try tonight. For the Edge menu you get everything listed! We asked to skip one of the starters, the bread and the dessert cheese course. We just couldn’t eat all of that. The entree platter was delicious. It comes family style. 

2C5395B5-CCB7-4EE9-B769-599285A746F0.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ginak1112 said:

Yes, Ashlie Amber. She really is fantastic! 

I'm glad they are letting her do Whitney now. That is what she did before coming on the Edge and they designed a program of unknown songs for her originally (I presume because it is cheaper than paying for using Whitney songs). She has a great voice, but the show we went to was not as enjoyable because we didn't know the songs. She did sing one song we knew (I think it was a Whitney song) and brought the house down. They did the same with Marcus Terell, though he had a few more known songs. Both are excellent performers.

4 hours ago, ginak1112 said:

We haven’t made the show yet but will try tonight. For the Edge menu you get everything listed! We asked to skip one of the starters, the bread and the dessert cheese course. We just couldn’t eat all of that. The entree platter was delicious. It comes family style. 

Looks very good! Could you let us know what it cost? The last I heard, it was around $85-90 PP. Thanks!

Ditto on enjoying the IV in the heat! We just returned and it was really nice to have that style when it was 110 degrees in the South of France...

I'm gathering thoughts & photos, I'll post reviews soon 🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ginak1112 said:

2C5395B5-CCB7-4EE9-B769-599285A746F0.jpeg

Combining  lobster on the plate would be an issue for dh with his allergy 

Maybe they could put his on my plate...and I could swap him back some of my beef!

Looks good 

• Like 1

Hello,

Heard that there is a heatwave right now in Europe. How bad is it? So scared for my asthma.

Kat288 are you by any chance in the Amalfi route? I am hoping for anybody to post the dailies so we can plan accordingly.

As to the heatwave- not certain how long it is supposed to last,but friends were in Paris last Friday. The reported temperature was 96 degrees F.

Jesseslola- not certain of your travel dates, but,you could Google the weather for the ports you are visiting to get an idea of temperatures.

I am also asthmatic and find it is high humidity that affects me the most.

6 hours ago, kat228 said:

Ditto on enjoying the IV in the heat! We just returned and it was really nice to have that style when it was 110 degrees in the South of France...

I'm gathering thoughts & photos, I'll post reviews soon 🙂 

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

As to the heatwave- not certain how long it is supposed to last,but friends were in Paris last Friday. The reported temperature was 96 degrees F.

Jesseslola- not certain of your travel dates, but,you could Google the weather for the ports you are visiting to get an idea of temperatures.

I am also asthmatic and find it is high humidity that affects me the most.

Luckily it is not high humidity which we are used to from Florida.

6 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Hello,

Heard that there is a heatwave right now in Europe. How bad is it? So scared for my asthma.

Kat288 are you by any chance in the Amalfi route? I am hoping for anybody to post the dailies so we can plan accordingly.

I’m sorry but I haven’t kept the dailies but yes I am on that route. When are you going? Next week’s temps look much cooler. We had 100 degrees in Rome but luckily we had planned to not sightsee and enjoy the resort’s pool for a few days pre cruise. Try to plan being off the ship early to avoid the hottest afternoon temps. Don’t go to Pompeii where there isn’t shade. Bring a hand held battery fan and take plenty of water with you. Make sure to bring wide brim hates. They have been a lifesaver for me. Hopefully it will cool down in time for your trip but it is normally pretty hot in July and Aug in the med. We have sailed the past several summers and it keeps getting hotter!

On 7/3/2019 at 8:11 AM, vtcruising said:

I'm glad they are letting her do Whitney now. That is what she did before coming on the Edge and they designed a program of unknown songs for her originally (I presume because it is cheaper than paying for using Whitney songs). She has a great voice, but the show we went to was not as enjoyable because we didn't know the songs. She did sing one song we knew (I think it was a Whitney song) and brought the house down. They did the same with Marcus Terell, though he had a few more known songs. Both are excellent performers.

Totally agree!

Thank you Ginak1112. We are going August 16 on Amalfi and Greek route. Unfortunately we cannot move the date as it is a vow renewal in Santorini. I cancelled mine and grandson's Pompeii excursion..too bad it is Celebrity Priority access - amalfie motor launch and Pompeii. The rest of the group are going.  Had been looking forward to it..but..

Athens - we are going directly to the museum (air conditioned) and will wait for the group there after they visit the Acropolis.  I would assume it will be deadly hot there also.

MJSailors, as long as it is not high humidity, I think we will survive. I don't mind hot, but humidity..can't breathe. :-(

I think going directly to the museum is a good choice.. if we ever return that's what we would do..  Hope things break a bit  with the weather so  you can breathe better.

In these conditions, an Infinite Veranda would be a good cabin.....keep  the bifolds open so there's more room and let the AC fill the whole space

Just out of interest what ports were there when you could book the MC ?

Can you book Eden for a meal and there isn't a show? It is the show that puts us right off not the food !

15 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Hello,

We were on the route that went from Barcelona to Rome, no Amalfi Coast (June 22 sailing.)  I also didn't keep the dailies or take photos...wholly unhelpful.

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Just out of interest what ports were there when you could book the MC ?

Can you book Eden for a meal and there isn't a show? It is the show that puts us right off not the food !

The MC dinner was offered on 2 nights, both when we left port around 7pm. They don’t do it on late night ports since you are sailing while eating. There are 2 seatings. We did the 8:45 one. I believe it was the Naples and Florence days.

Eden is available for dinner every night. The show starts at 10:15 so you would probably be done with dinner before. Also the dining is on a different level than the show. We decided to cancel our Eden dinner so I can’t comment on it but I believe the performers walk around. We saw the show from the main level where the bar is located. 

Edited by ginak1112
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kat228 said:

We were on the route that went from Barcelona to Rome, no Amalfi Coast (June 22 sailing.)  I also didn't keep the dailies or take photos...wholly unhelpful.

Kat, we are on that itin on Aug 3rd.  I hope you can post a review and answer some questions.  Like, what night was dinner on the edge?? and so on.....

Thanks!

On 7/1/2019 at 7:06 AM, ginak1112 said:

The Edge is a real beauty and definitely not your Father’s cruise ship! We are loving the Infinity veranda. We leave it open at all times allowing us to have an expanded cabin giving us much more space. The blind gets closed at night giving us a pretty good blackout room albeit a bit of light coming in from both ends of the window. We have enjoyed a nice nap with the window open and loving the fresh air. What’s great is that you will have use of this space in all types of weather. When it’s boiling hot like it is now in Europe or when it’s too chilly like my daughter and I experienced on a British Isles cruise where we never went out once on our balcony. We loved Fine Cut steakhouse and thought the Rooftop Cafe was okay. It’s nice to get to choose from so many restaurants and enjoy an intimate dining experience. We are exhausted from our day in Capri so have slept in today and are now at the pool. We were lucky to get a shady spot because the pool was built with a very limited amount of that. Will check back later!!

Hello there,  I wanted to ask what you did in Capri?  We are heading onto the Edge 7/20 & 7/27 and one of our stops is capri.  We are trying to get enough people for a private tour with private boat over.  Did you do private or ship tour?  How were the crowds on Capri?  Thanks for any info!  

Melody

Hi. We had a fabulous day on Capri and Anacapri! I found another couple on cruise critic to share it and we used Tours of Capri and Cristina was our contact. We had a great guide, Michaeli (not sure of the spelling). He met as at the port and walked us over to the ferry with prepaid tickets. We ferried over and an open air, canopied Jeep was waiting with a driver. We went straight to the blue grotto just as they had started going in. We got lucky because the day before it had been closed. When we came out there was a line a mile long. We then went to Anacapri and took a chairlift to the highest point for a beautiful view. The chairlift was an awesome experience and I’m a chicken lol. We did a little shopping and then to a wonderful local, not touristy, restaurant that I had researched. The car came again for us and took us to Capri for free time and then a funicular down to and back on the ferry. It was a long day, 7:40-5:00. Out guide was wonderful and at 150 euro pp it was a steal as it included ferry and other admissions. Do not do it with more than 4 people or it will not run as smoothly. It was boiling hot and we would never have been able to accomplish what we did on our own. Btw, the ferry alone is 45 euro pp.

Edited by ginak1112

9 hours ago, ginak1112 said:

The MC dinner was offered on 2 nights, both when we left port around 7pm. They don’t do it on late night ports since you are sailing while eating. There are 2 seatings. We did the 8:45 one. I believe it was the Naples and Florence days.

Eden is available for dinner every night. The show starts at 10:15 so you would probably be done with dinner before. Also the dining is on a different level than the show. We decided to cancel our Eden dinner so I can’t comment on it but I believe the performers walk around. We saw the show from the main level where the bar is located. 

Can you remember the times for the 2 seatings?

Thanks for your info