60min 'platinum plus' internet benefit is worth $45 credit towards longer plan

fstuff1

im currently on the Dawn for July 4th cruise.

when i login to my acct to activate the platinum plus 60min internet benefit:

60min 'platinum plus' internet = $45 credit
unlimited wifi 6 days 179.94
unlimited premium wifi 209.94 6days

49 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

60 minutes goes fast. I was on the Dawn several weeks ago. The regular unlimited plan worked out fine for us. Speed was fast enough to get i messages, read work e-mails, and visit websites. No desire to stream stuff so didn't consider premium plan. Another thing we noticed.  NCL now charges a $3.95 activation fee to access my "free" 60 minutes. On my NYE cruise they didn't charge an activation fee to redeem free latitudes  wifi benefit I didn't bother redeeming. Used my DW's unlimited account to go online. Then logged off so she could log back on. Purchased pre-cruise at a discounted cost. Didn't see an option to use our Platinum plus benefit as a credit...

Edited by NYcruzzer

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Use your 60 minutes so you don't get nickled and dimed. 

Interestingly - Plat + awards 60 minutes ($45) - have the perk of 250 minutes ($125) total is 310 minutes and ($170)

applied against the upgrade to one of the unlimited plans - result the plan costs far less almost peanuts ?

Is this possible - anyone doing or having done that ?

Internet plans LINK:
 https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages 

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

We were not charged in March on the Jewel.

Same with us in April. Everything said we would be charged, but we weren't. I don't think that I have yet seen a report of anyone actually being charged. It seems it state that in error.

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

Same with us in April. Everything said we would be charged, but we weren't. I don't think that I have yet seen a report of anyone actually being charged. It seems it state that in error.

When I went to sign in and use my Platinum Plus benefit the $3.95 activation fee was displayed. I didn't try and sign in to see if the fee would actually be charged. Didn't want to take a chance since I knew my DW already paid for an unlimited plan. Figured it would be just as easy to access WiFi that way. 

About that $3.95 activation fee - while on board talk with the Internet Café manager and have it

removed if charged - best yet talk with him before logging in to get the best service package available

at the least cost.

Use all of your free time converting to a plan that fits your need.

53 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Interestingly - Plat + awards 60 minutes ($45) - have the perk of 250 minutes ($125) total is 310 minutes and ($170)

applied against the upgrade to one of the unlimited plans - result the plan costs far less almost peanuts ?

Internet plans LINK:

I'm in the same boat. Last time in November it wasn't on option for me to bundle both Platinum Plus and 250 min perk when selecting my upgraded package online. 

But I might ask this time because I was ticked... Once I upgraded my 250 min perk to unlimited, my 60 minutes went away, which I'd have given to hubby to use. 

1 hour ago, AlexandNessa said:

I'm in the same boat. Last time in November it wasn't on option for me to bundle both Platinum Plus and 250 min perk when selecting my upgraded package online. 

But I might ask this time because I was ticked... Once I upgraded my 250 min perk to unlimited, my 60 minutes went away, which I'd have given to hubby to use. 

On the Pearl , I just had the Plat minutes, I upgraded to the  unlimited and was able to talk to the internet manager. He was able to move my 60 minutes to my husband so he could use his and mine. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If you have the 250 minute perk and you want to get an unlimited plan, will you get some monetary credit for the 250 minutes to apply toward the unlimited plan?  I’ve read conflicting reports about this on different threads.   If you can, must it be done on board, and do you have to see the (busy) internet manager? 

Thanks for any info. 

12 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

If you have the 250 minute perk and you want to get an unlimited plan, will you get some monetary credit for the 250 minutes to apply toward the unlimited plan?  I’ve read conflicting reports about this on different threads.   If you can, must it be done on board, and do you have to see the (busy) internet manager? 

Thanks for any info. 

No need to go to the interweb manager. There will be an option to upgrade right on the screen where you log in to use your 250 min. The credit for 250 min is 125$.

1 minute ago, AlexandNessa said:

No need to go to the interweb manager. There will be an option to upgrade right on the screen where you log in to use your 250 min. The credit for 250 min is 125$.

Thanks! Will it also allow me to combine a credit for my 30 Platinum minutes with the credit for the 250 and apply both to the upgrade? 

1 hour ago, AlexandNessa said:

Is this something you do on the app after you board? 

I'm at home online logged into my booking (I sail on Sunday) and can't see anywhere to upgrade my 250 minutes (or 30 Platinum minutes) to the unlimited plans. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

Is this something you do on the app after you board? 

I'm at home online logged into my booking (I sail on Sunday) and can't see anywhere to upgrade my 250 minutes (or 30 Platinum minutes) to the unlimited plans. Thanks!

Yes, you need to be connected to the Ship's wifi. 

16 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Yes, you need to be connected to the Ship's wifi. 

Great, thank you. I won't waste any more time at home!

And thanks to the OP for starting the thread. I never would have known the credit from the 250-minute package (or Platinum perks) could be applied toward purchase of an unlimited plan. I was just about to pay full price for the unlimited plan --  until I found this thread. 

• Like 1

I was told this Spring that since my 250 minutes was given as a perk instead of being purchased, I would not receive a $125 credit towards an upgrade. Just curious if I received incorrect info, however the person in the Internet Cafe told me this.

5 minutes ago, chk-gnt said:

I was told this Spring that since my 250 minutes was given as a perk instead of being purchased, I would not receive a $125 credit towards an upgrade. Just curious if I received incorrect info, however the person in the Internet Cafe told me this.

Unless this is brand new, you received misinfo. I typically pay 85$ or so onboard for unlimited for the week (no video) when I have the 250 min promo. Hubby and I then share it. 

15 minutes ago, chk-gnt said:

You can both purchase and receive the 250 minutes as a perk bonus gift.

What I have been advised to do is on the first day on the ship burn any free time Platinum P + and on the second day

convert the 250 minute perk package to a unlimited plan. The 250 minutes has a value of about $125 so for about

$80 all the rest of your internet time is paid for.

If you plan on purchasing the 250 minute package the conversion is not so good and if you have no Latitudes free

time (minutes) purchase the plan that best suits your needs right away on board the ship.

You have until the second day of the cruise to buy any package plan for a significant savings.

For the extreme frugal internet user - don't buy any package wait until you are in a port with free internet service

go on shore and use it albeit may need to buy a beverage or purchase some merchandise.

You can purchase a minute by minute plan but only do this a last resort.

Recapping the NCL Internet Plans:

Thanks for the answers. On previous cruises I had received credit towards a different plan, but just assumed that there had been a change in how things were done. Just looked at my final invoice from the last cruise and I paid $299.88 and then received a $10 credit for the Internet Cafe. This was for a 15 day cruise through the Panama Canal.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, AlexandNessa said:

Depending on the ship you are on, some of the Internet Managers will allow you to convert all your “perk” WiFi minutes and subtract them from the cost of unlimited. That’s the way it “SHOULD” be but there are some who steadfastly refuse to do it.