Miracle date change?

Mrgoodbar

Hi,

We are booked on the Miracle 17 day Panama canal leaving March 2, 2020.  It is now stating that it is leaving March 5!   This is really messing up my plans.  I have already purchased air for the original date, will Carnival refund the change fee?  I dont need to be in Miami for  week prior to cruise.  

39 minutes ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Hi,

We are booked on the Miracle 17 day Panama canal leaving March 2, 2020.  It is now stating that it is leaving March 5!   This is really messing up my plans.  I have already purchased air for the original date, will Carnival refund the change fee?  I dont need to be in Miami for  week prior to cruise.  

I am looking on carnival.com and see no such sailing. Maybe there is an error with Carnival's website? I recommend calling Carnival directly and asking to speak with a supervisor about this issue. 

I would wait to change your airfare because the airline will likely change your flight many times before your scheduled departure.  I booked my flight for my September cruise last December...it has changed 4 times already.  If it is the airline's change, you can change your flight with no change fee.  🙂

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mrgoodbar said:

Hi,

I’m also on this sailing.  I was told Carnival will reimburse up to $200 for airfare change fees as long as you submit proof of charges.  Thankfully we booked our flights through Carnival , so they are fixing the flights without any charge to us.  

I am having to change our hotel reservations, as well as make sure Carnival reimburses us for the 3 day difference in the soda and WiFi packages we’ve purchased.  

I am not happy with the changes, btw.  At least they are giving us $100 OBC per person.  I’m grateful for that since they didn’t have to do that for us.  

On 7/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mrgoodbar said:

Hi,

Go to the Miracle roll call, page 4 under zeroyankee, pdf, and you will find the letter Carnival has produced explaining everything.

Edited by skrufy

38 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Wow- $100 OBC for shortening your cruise by 3 day... we got $200 pp OBC on the Vista recently because they extended our cruise by one day, from 7 to 8!

Yes, but there is a big difference between only giving cruisers notice of a change a few short weeks before their cruise versus 8 months in advance.

Thankfully these folks have more time to make adjustments to their travel plans and will have more options available with this advance notice. Hotels won't be out of rooms and flights will still have available seats. There will even be cabins available if they choose to cancel and book a different cruise. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs CruisinCritter said:

Yes, but there is a big difference between only giving cruisers notice of a change a few short weeks before their cruise versus 8 months in advance.

Thankfully these folks have more time to make adjustments to their travel plans and will have more options available with this advance notice. Hotels won't be out of rooms and flights will still have available seats. There will even be cabins available if they choose to cancel and book a different cruise. 

True... more than anything I thought we were pretty well treated by Carnival over the whole Vista propulsion issue!

Among other reasons, this is why I fly Southwest when I take cruises and begin and end in US ports.  No change fees.  I'm on the PC cruise right before the drydock.

Roz

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

True... more than anything I thought we were pretty well treated by Carnival over the whole Vista propulsion issue!

Agreed! Given those circumstances, I think they did the best they could. 

I hope everyone booked on the Miracle is able to make travel arrangements that work for them and are able to enjoy their cruise! 

3 hours ago, Roz said:

Among other reasons, this is why I fly Southwest when I take cruises and begin and end in US ports.  No change fees.  I'm on the PC cruise right before the drydock.

Roz

We fly Southwest when ever possibilities also. Carnival did a good job in correcting the problem they had no control over. We had to cancel our hotel reservations and now we are looking at visiting relatives in Port St. Lucie pre cruise. Got a price drop three weeks ago and with this adjustment, we saved $750.00, not bad. Was looking forward to 17 days and new ports, but what can you do.

3 hours ago, Roz said:

Roz

I wish we could fly SWA but we don't like to change planes.  We want direct flights.