Ft. Lauderdale hotels?

GoldieJ

16 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We are also looking for a hotel that is within walking distance of a place or two to eat, and other conveniences.  We've been spoiled being on 17th Street for many years; for next January the prices are just too high, so we're starting from scratch.  It's hard to know from the hotel websites:  "close to..." sometimes refers to having a car.

Our hotel is about a mile from decent places to eat and somewhere to get wine and incidentals. We're happy with that hotel, nice location and amenities. I'd like something closer to walk, but for now I'm sticking with what I have scheduled (La Quinta, Hollywood) which has a free airport shuttle. I will just take an Uber to the restaurants and wine shops that are about a mile way. Cost with tip ought to be under $10 each way. I've never used Uber, only rarely ever had to use a cab, I love to walk......but my old body won't let me walk much anymore.😧

7 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for that information, sounds like a good location. I know several hotels are there and are popular. However, the price is a bit steep for this old retire couple.

Seven years ago, we had dinner with some people on our roll call the night before boarding.  The lady told me that she had booked a hotel through a 3rd party website at very good rate.  Then she saw on trip advisor that the hotel had bedbugs.  The rate she booked was not refundable  She ended up paying another $200 at another hotel for 1 night.  She said that she would stay at the Hyatt next time.  We paid about $220 per night that time.  We like it not only for the location, but excellent, spacious rooms.

I realize that no hotel is immune from bedbugs, but we have never had a problem at Hyatt.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

20 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for all the tips in here! I looked into the highly recommended Embassy Suites and they not only have a room when I need it, they are like a 5 minute walk from an OrangeTheory so I can get my fitness on before getting on board! That one would not have been on my radar before this thread!

What was the cost? I am always trying to balance price with convenience......

Doug

22 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

313.73/night. The Friday and Saturday of Presidents’ Day Weekend.

I little rich for our retiree budget. But thanks for the reply. I am looking for something under $200 a night where have an airport shuttle included, free breakfast, very close walking distance to restaurants and a grocery store.....oh well, who ISN'T!😎

1 minute ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I little rich for our retiree budget. But thanks for the reply. I am looking for something under $200 a night where have an airport shuttle included, free breakfast, very close walking distance to restaurants and a grocery store.....oh well, who ISN'T!😎

TBH in looking (again, Presidents’ Day Weekend) I found nothing that met all those requirements. To get that low, you’re going to be further out than provided/included airport shuttles. At least from what I have found.

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

TBH in looking (again, Presidents’ Day Weekend) I found nothing that met all those requirements. To get that low, you’re going to be further out than provided/included airport shuttles. At least from what I have found.

I found a couple of places around FLL that meet many of my wants, but none can meet all of them. Yeah, I know we're doing for the golden fleece, aren't we?😎

Yeah, Ft Lauderdale/Miami is tough. But San Francisco/Long Beach is even worse! That's why we love to cruise out of New Orleans; we can drive down the day of sailing, saving over $1000 on airfare and hotels. But NOLA rarely has anything we want: cruises over 7 days and NOT on some huge floating sideways skyscraper. <g>

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug, check the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruise Port North.  Depending on the date they're pretty reasonable.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for all the tips in here! I looked into the highly recommended Embassy Suites and they not only have a room when I need it, they are like a 5 minute walk from an OrangeTheory so I can get my fitness on before getting on board! That one would not have been on my radar before this thread!

I work out at that Orangetheory.  It is literally right behind the hotel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Try Hotwire.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:29 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Hampton Inn Plantation would probably fit your needs.  It's only 10 - 15 minutes from the port and they have a shuttle, plus free breakfast, a Total Wine nearby as well as grocery and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Hampton Inn Plantation would probably fit your needs.  It's only 10 - 15 minutes from the port and they have a shuttle, plus free breakfast, a Total Wine nearby as well as grocery and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks. I'd also added that to the list for next time.😎