MSC private island

seaandsea

Well hopefully by the next time we sail on the Seaside in October 2020, the island will be all ready to go and be broken pretty well.  I have been more focused on the private island Royal is doing and the things there for our March 2020 sailing that I haven't looked at MSC a whole lot.  Will be nice for just a little something different.  

45 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Well hopefully by the next time we sail on the Seaside in October 2020, the island will be all ready to go and be broken pretty well.  I have been more focused on the private island Royal is doing and the things there for our March 2020 sailing that I haven't looked at MSC a whole lot.  Will be nice for just a little something different.  

If you are talking about Perfect Day at Cocoa Cay, I was just there a few months ago. Royal has done exactly what they said they would (and their schedule has been reasonably accurate too; which is no small task when dealing with the islands). Whether or not the changes are positive are a matter of opinion, but based on my experience, Royal has certainly made their vision a reality. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

oct 2020 does not look like it should be any problem.....that's a long way out

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

If you are talking about Perfect Day at Cocoa Cay, I was just there a few months ago. Royal has done exactly what they said they would (and their schedule has been reasonably accurate too; which is no small task when dealing with the islands). Whether or not the changes are positive are a matter of opinion, but based on my experience, Royal has certainly made their vision a reality. 

not too sure I would give MSC a reasonably accurate just yet...…..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Make sure you follow @KenMuskat (MSC Cruises USA COO) on Twitter. He will be doing real time tweets tomorrow from Ocean Cay. Hoping we get to see plenty of pics.

Bret

I have refused making a twitter acct until THIS ^ :)

2 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Make sure you follow @KenMuskat (MSC Cruises USA COO) on Twitter. He will be doing real time tweets tomorrow from Ocean Cay. Hoping we get to see plenty of pics.

Bret

I don't do Twitter and I suspect a lot of others don't as well.  If anything interesting shows up there, will you please alert us here?  Thanks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't do Twitter and I suspect a lot of others don't as well.  If anything interesting shows up there, will you please alert us here?  Thanks.

The COO of MSC has begun tweeting pictures on Twitter. I sent him a message asking if it would be okay to share his photos on CC and am awaiting his reply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

The COO of MSC has begun tweeting pictures on Twitter. I sent him a message asking if it would be okay to share his photos on CC and am awaiting his reply. 

The one beach he showed looks like it's coming along nicely, but all the cranes in the background are discouraging!

Just now, JAGR said:

The one beach he showed looks like it's coming along nicely, but all the cranes in the background are discouraging!

Yes, the one with the bridge connecting the beach looks good. And the lighthouse structure (skeleton) looks nice, as well. From seeing buildings and houses go up around DC, the boring parts seem to take forever, and then the actual buildings seemingly appear overnight. ☺️

On 7/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, JAGR said:

This is what we were just discussing

IF the island is ready except for YC in early 2020...

where will YC guests be put...AND will there be cranes/workers on the days the ships are in port or only on days when the island is without pax/guests?

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

This is what we were just discussing

where will YC guests be put...AND will there be cranes/workers on the days the ships are in port or only on days when the island is without pax/guests?

these are great questions and MSC has yet to guarantee they won't have another delay to the opening.   

20 hours ago, sidari said:

I doubt that they could give that assurance due to the time of year and the chance that the weather could wipe out their time frame.

well you trust them more than I do lol.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, Fogfog said:

where will YC guests be put

Tenatively, the Yacht Club area for "Phase 1" will be the North Beach facing the Ocean Cay Lagoon. They will being utilizing 10 cabanas and will have one bar serving that beach (the Maze Bar).

As I say will with all things MSC, it really stands for Most Surely Changes. 😀

Bret

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Tenatively, the Yacht Club area for "Phase 1" will be the North Beach facing the Ocean Cay Lagoon. They will being utilizing 10 cabanas and will have one bar serving that beach (the Maze Bar).

As I say will with all things MSC, it really stands for Most Surely Changes. 😀

Bret

TY Bret

With the YC area on OC, are you aware of them having YC food/bev service available?

Those tentative menus for YC looks very nice. 

YC is spendy and we hope they do right by the YC folks.

We have B2B booked so would be at OC twice over the two sailings