Next cruise MSC or Carnival

Greg901

We just took our 1st cruise in june on the Conquest  had  a great time thanks to all the tip on the carnival  board. we liked the size of the ship never felt overly crowded, food in MDR was above average we  like most of the shows. staff was friendly but nothing special. We are now hooked so  looking to book a 7 night  May 2020 cruise and looking at another carnival on the Breeze or Horizon, or MSC seaside. MSC is about $200 cheaper but looking for pros and cons of each. also open to any other suggestions

Thanks

Edited by Greg901

I've sailed Carnival about 40x and MSC only once, but I would suggest the OP try MSC.  While the Horizon or Breeze are nicer ships than the Conquest and would probably be a better experience, they are still Carnival culture.

MSC is a much different experience - why not expand your sailing exposure?  Food and cabin size are comparable, the decor on MSC is more elegant, some excursions are different, the theater entertainment is so much better (though MSC lacks Carnival's comedy shows) and you won't be hearing the never ending announcements of Carnival's long winded CD's.

The Seaside has a different layout than Carnival with its split aft and glass walkways, much different feel than Carnival's.  I'm all for variety rather than the same old.  I had a new cruiser's wow experience when I sailed the Seaside, something I miss when I travel on Carnival's same old same old.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Greg901 said:

We just took our 1st cruise in june on the Conquest  had  a great time thanks to all the tip on the carnival  board. we liked the size of the ship never felt overly crowded, food in MDR was above average we  like most of the shows. staff was friendly but nothing special. We are now hooked so  looking to book a 7 night  May 2020 cruise and looking at another carnival on the Breeze or Horizon, or MSC seaside. MSC is about $200 cheaper but looking for pros and cons of each. also open to any other suggestions

Thanks

WELCOME to cruising and the fun and joy it can bring along with the knowledge of Cruise Critic !😁 We've done the majority of our cruises on Carnival (14) with another on the Breeze the 3rd of this August and three on RCCL. We haven't tried MSC yet but I bet you'd have a great cruise on their ships. I read here that their newer ships, the last two especially, are totally beautiful. Based on info I've read here their cruises have a more of an 'Italian' flavor and more packages for beverages and dining you can purchase You might want to consider the MSC board here on CC and tell the folks more knowledgeable than I am. Ask about the differences between American mainstream vs MSC cruising. I know there are many here who love MSC and say they'll never sail any other cruise line but MSC from now on. Good luck with whatever you decde but always remember, HAPPY cruising!!

Mac

I also recommend trying MSC.  I have 19 carnival cruises, and two more booked, but also have three on MSC with another booked for next month.  Seaside is a really interesting ship/experience.  Shop/ship around before you settle on one cruise line as your favorite.  EM

• Like 1

Go for MSC.  We had our first MSC cruise on the Divina in Feb. We have been on lots of cruises with many of the main lines and MSC now ranks at the top. Three out of our four booked cruises are now with MSC!

Edited by Markanddonna

DO SEASIDE! I'm dying to go on Seaside. I went on Divina a couple of years ago an honestly it was the most beautiful ship I've been on (and I've been on a bunch). I liked MSC overall way better than Carnival too (been on 2 Carnival cruises, including one 7 day on a similar class ship as Divina). 

I also vote for MSC. I am not a brand loyal person. In the past year I've cruised NCL and Carnival. I am on RCCL in September, Princess in January 2020 and Celebrity in January of 2021. Most of the mainstream lines are more alike than they are different. I have come to the conclusion that MSC has a more "European" culture on board. If the ships are roughly the same size, have the same amenities, similar if not the same itinerary and travel costs to the ports are similar, I'd vote for saving the $200 and trying a new line.