Recent Carnival folks in Freeport

bjfitz0703

On 7/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, RandomUser123 said:

My cruise in October has a stop there from 7AM - 1:30PM. The plan is to take a shuttle (which I saw was $10 round trip) to the free public beach and just hang out there in the morning and get back on the ship for lunch. 

That's what we did in 2011, it was my first time to Freeport. 

I've done 2 land vacation in the Nassau - did the tours.  These were before I started cruising.  Then 3 cruises to the Bahamas. I now try to stay away from Bahama cruises  - been there, done that.

• Like 1

It wasn't for us.  We booked an excursion through https://unexso.com/  and had a fabulous time.  They picked us up at the port and took us to their office.  We did the excursion they let us wander around for a bit after the excursion and took us back to the ship.  You really should have an excursion there as there isn't really much of anything near the port.    

I was pleasantly surprised by the port area of Freeport... in previous trips the shops near the port were pathetic, so you had 3 options, head into town by taxi, take an excursion or stay on the ship.

Our last cruise they have cleaned up and expanded the shops at the port so we were able to get off the ship, browse and shop for  awhile, then get back onboard...

Only been there one time and it was terrible.  We ended up taking a shuttle to the public beach which was fine.  I will also say this was shortly after a hurricane so most of the hotels on the beach were still closed from hurricane damage.  Not sure if they still are.  

10 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

That's what we did in 2011, it was my first time to Freeport. 

I've done 2 land vacation in the Nassau - did the tours.  These were before I started cruising.  Then 3 cruises to the Bahamas. I now try to stay away from Bahama cruises  - been there, done that.

Yeah, when I book cruises I generally look at any that skip the Bahamas.  If we do have to stop in Nassau, I stay on the ship.  

It depends on what you want to do.  There are beautiful beaches and nature areas, but they are not walking distance.  It can be an extra rest day on the ship with a little less crowds or you can book a taxi or excursion.

We really enjoyed the Kayak excursion we took one trip, and with the limited time in port we felt better doing a ship excursion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the port area of Freeport... in previous trips the shops near the port were pathetic, so you had 3 options, head into town by taxi, take an excursion or stay on the ship.

Our last cruise they have cleaned up and expanded the shops at the port so we were able to get off the ship, browse and shop for  awhile, then get back onboard...

Any port is what you make of it. Totally depends on what you want. We happen to enjoy Freeport Port Lucia just fine. Clean and nice people.

• Like 1