Is the Sunrise a new ship?

ed01106

Is Sunrise a new ship or a renamed one?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sunrise a brand new ship.

• Yes
    • No, it is renamed formerly the Triumph

41 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

I got off the Sunrise one week ago.  It is NOT a new ship.  You can search for my review.  We had a blast yet would not go on Sunrise again.  

I spent 2 weeks on the sunrise. Pretty much EVERYTHING is new. That ship is nothing like the triumph. 

4 hours ago, bjfitz0703 said:

I got off the Sunrise one week ago.  It is NOT a new ship.  You can search for my review.  We had a blast yet would not go on Sunrise again.  

3 hours ago, RRLLAL said:

I spent 2 weeks on the sunrise. Pretty much EVERYTHING is new. That ship is nothing like the triumph. 

Wow, such conflicting opinions.

• Like 1

This ship we were on under both names, both Godmothers.

IMHO it is as a lady in a new dress, same ole woman.

This ship after paying out Muilti Millions $UISD still is the POOP SHIp and many decks, cabins, and Lifts, etc... are POOP DECks.. PU>even last cruise Deck Two had Tons of Sewage on and in the Cabins.

One family the Mother woke up with sewage drip[ping on her bed and wet feet.. That poor family , were only given $100 USD.low_fat_btlh2o.jpg.48dc196e49fc7c8806f8079f8cfa8d85.jpg

GREED was a main reason for adding cabins and not even having enough seats in the SLOOP Line (LIDO) to sit half the cruisers, etc..etc..

BTW They did add many new windows and doors to her.

Edited by AAAAmerican
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Stating that they are spending $150 and comparing that to your bar bill speaks volumes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am not sure I understand, Please explain to me.

5 hours ago, AAAAmerican said:

This ship after paying out Muilti Millions $UISD still is the POOP SHIp and many decks, cabins, and Lifts, etc... are POOP DECks.. PU>even last cruise Deck Two had Tons of Sewage on and in the Cabins.

One family the Mother woke up with sewage drip[ping on her bed and wet feet.. That poor family , were only given $100 USD.low_fat_btlh2o.jpg.48dc196e49fc7c8806f8079f8cfa8d85.jpg

GREED was a main reason for adding cabins and not even having enough seats in the SLOOP Line (LIDO) to sit half the cruisers, etc..etc..

What the heck are you trying to say....I read this 4 times and have no idea...

Edited by jimbo5544

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Wow, such conflicting opinions.

The wonders of it all.  We had a great time.  They are the fun ships for sure. 

This is a refurbished ship.  That shows in good and also challenging ways.  I would not select Sunrise again as the refurbishment added more cabins and the ship feels and is crowded.  In the future I will not select any ships that add cabins outside of its original design parameters.  There are simply too many ships at sea to choose from.  

1 minute ago, bjfitz0703 said:

The wonders of it all.  We had a great time.  They are the fun ships for sure. 

This is a refurbished ship.  That shows in good and also challenging ways.  I would not select Sunrise again as the refurbishment added more cabins and the ship feels and is crowded.  In the future I will not select any ships that add cabins outside of its original design parameters.  There are simply too many ships at sea to choose from.  

Since you keep bringing up how 200 people more made it feel more crowded, how are you making that determination?  Were you on her before?  Obviously free to choose whatever parameters you like and ships to sail...  I can think of 14 Carnival ships that have added cabins in retrofits (some as few as 5), guess you have all those on your list as well....btw, might want to check the other lines as well...they are all much more crowded NOW....

I sailed on the dream about a month ago and felt it was so crowded that it wasn't enjoyable. Long lines for everything! I sailed on her a couple of weeks after that and it seemed "normal". 

Add to this fluctuation people's perceptions and expectations and opinions will  vary greatly.

Edited by Lottacruises

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

It certainly was enough to convince a frequent poster that the Sunshine was indeed, a brand new ship:

46D0A435-7DD9-4095-B8A8-33DCDEEF011E.png

Again, the word “new” is used by haters. Thanks for showing some examples. 

6 hours ago, AAAAmerican said:

I’d it was only greed, why did they add so many “free” things like restaurants? Can you list everything they added? 

23 hours ago, ed01106 said:

Just to be clear.  I am not anti-Carnival.  Like all lines it has its pluses and minuses.  

But it is disingenuous, to call an old ship a new ship just because it had a remodel. 

The website is called cruise critic, not cruisefanboy.com.  Being critical and honest about the cruise lines is a vital component of this board. 

The US Navy has renamed ships if they underwent enough of change in structure, etc. If the changes are substantial enough then yes, I think renaming is appropriate. I've seen the before and after pictures of the ships that have been redone and I think they fall into that category.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Since you keep bringing up how 200 people more made it feel more crowded, how are you making that determination?  Were you on her before?  Obviously free to choose whatever parameters you like and ships to sail...  I can think of 14 Carnival ships that have added cabins in retrofits (some as few as 5), guess you have all those on your list as well....btw, might want to check the other lines as well...they are all much more crowded NOW....

there were 3650 passengers on the Sunrise cruise I was on and its prior version had a design capacity of 2700.  That delta was palpable.  Many folks on here agree.  One person said it was the worst ship ever.  That is not the case by a wide margin.   We had a very good time and there were things about it we liked.  We figured out the crowds as the 8 days went by.  Many good points yet I personally would not select the Sunrise again yet glad we were fortunate enough to have sailed her for sure.

16 hours ago, RRLLAL said:

Ive been on some 15-16 carnival cruises. I’ve been on their website a zillion times scoping out cruises or exploring ships and deck plans. I don’t recall ever seeing carnival refer to the sunshine or sunrise as a “new” ship with no reference to what they were previously named. 

Its funny how you accused them of deception and passing off the ships as being brand new, then when presented with dozens of press releases they all of a sudden don’t count. LOL. 

Let me help you.

1. I never said anything about the Sunrise.

2. What you remember or not, Carnival used the word New on their website at the time. Definite.

3. You seem to be fixated on press releases being honest. Try grasping this, LOL. I said that customers deciding on a cruise do not go to press releases as their source of information; they go to the company websites. And the website said the all-new Sunshine - no mention of a reconditioned Destiny. 

I'll have to go now, I need to back a few years to check press releases before I book my next cruise.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate.

12 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

there were 3650 passengers on the Sunrise cruise I was on and its prior version had a design capacity of 2700.  That delta was palpable.  Many folks on here agree.  One person said it was the worst ship ever.  That is not the case by a wide margin.   We had a very good time and there were things about it we liked.  We figured out the crowds as the 8 days went by.  Many good points yet I personally would not select the Sunrise again yet glad we were fortunate enough to have sailed her for sure.

You keep comparing apples to oranges. The capacity went up 200. That’s based on 2 per cabin. We all know some have 3 or 4. Both the triumph and sunrise could carry many more. It is NOT a 2700 to 3650 comparison. 

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

The US Navy has renamed ships if they underwent enough of change in structure, etc. If the changes are substantial enough then yes, I think renaming is appropriate. I've seen the before and after pictures of the ships that have been redone and I think they fall into that category.

From a technical standpoint I think we should consider if she changed her IMO number or MMSI. (In this case no) That occurs when, like you said, there's significant structural changes to the vessel.

Also Kelly Arison didn't really christen her. She 'renamed' her with a champagne salute which is hardly has any impact.

2 hours ago, RRLLAL said:

I’d it was only greed, why did they add so many “free” things like restaurants? Can you list everything they added? 

From a business perspective, the free things they added, did save costs in other ways. The additional free venues alleviate passenger traffic from the typical busy areas, therefore they don't have to pay more to expand them etc.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

What the heck are you trying to say....I read this 4 times and have no idea...

Over 90% of this guys posts I always have to ask myself that :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Reid said:

Let me help you.

1. I never said anything about the Sunrise.

2. What you remember or not, Carnival used the word New on their website at the time. Definite.

3. You seem to be fixated on press releases being honest. Try grasping this, LOL. I said that customers deciding on a cruise do not go to press releases as their source of information; they go to the company websites. And the website said the all-new Sunshine - no mention of a reconditioned Destiny. 

I'll have to go now, I need to back a few years to check press releases before I book my next cruise.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate.

Let me help you. Wrong.