If I need to cancel...

James4me

I’m worried.  I have the Panorama booked for 5/2020.  Havana aft wrap.  I need back surgery September.  I’m sure I should recover by then BUT complications can happen.  Rather than cancelling this trip, I’d like to maybe push it out to maybe October.  Will I be able to do this?  I know I need to contact Carnival, I just like to know if anyone had to do this.  I really don’t want to cancel at all if I can help it.

Lots of people cancel and rebook a different date. It really depends on the booking category, whether you will lose any money. You won’t be near final payment, so that won’t factor in. Call Carnival and see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, James4me said:

I’m worried.  I have the Panorama booked for 5/2020.  Havana aft wrap.  I need back surgery September.  I’m sure I should recover by then BUT complications can happen.  Rather than cancelling this trip, I’d like to maybe push it out to maybe October.  Will I be able to do this?  I know I need to contact Carnival, I just like to know if anyone had to do this.  I really don’t want to cancel at all if I can help it.

They will charge $50 pp.

13 minutes ago, James4me said:

That won’t be bad if we are charged $50pp

If you booked Early Saver rate...if you booked another rate, you won’t lose anything. Do you know what rate you booked?

20 hours ago, James4me said:

I'm sure you can do it.  I have done it several times.  The only stickler should be if there is a fee to do so.  I never buy Early Saver so I have never had to pay a fee to cancel and re-book.  If you have an Early Saver option, you will have to pay a fee.  

1 minute ago, James4me said:

Early saver

Yes, you will lose $50pp, and any other deposit will be held for 2 years for another cruise. Unless things have changed, that held money can’t be used for a deposit. Hopefully, you will be fine and won’t have to cancel. Think positive.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, James4me said:

Early saver

In that case, you will be charged a $50pp administration/service fee, and your deposit will be issued as a future credit minus the $50pp fee. You then would apply that to a later Panorama sailing. You can also invest in travel insurance. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, James4me said:

In cruise line terms, you are cancelling if you change dates.  

Just ran into a similar problem last week. I booked our 2020 Spring Break cruise and then realized I read the calendar wrong so I had to reschedule. I called Carnival,  in a panic, to see what could be done. I was pleasantly surprised to have not only have all the money paid transferred to the correct cruise, the cancellation fees were also waived. The rep who helped me was excellent and did all she could to accommodate my mistake. Definitely appreciated her because it could've gone a lot different. Good luck! 

Edited by travelling_txgal
misspelled word
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Purvis1231 said:

We have changed the dates on a number of cruises with Carnival and have never been charged a fee.

Well, before misinformation is given, please clarify you were not locked in with an Early Saver rate code?

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Well, before misinformation is given, please clarify you were not locked in with an Early Saver rate code?

Some of the cruises have been past guest rate with no change fee  but two where early saver rates. I have had the same PVP for many years and I told him from the beginning my schedule often changes so when we book year or so in advance the date may need to be changed, Our PVP arranged to have the $50 fee waived when we changed the date. 

Just now, Purvis1231 said:

Some of the cruises have been past guest rate with no change fee  but two where early saver rates. I have had the same PVP for many years and I told him from the beginning my schedule often changes so when we book year or so in advance the date may need to be changed, Our PVP arranged to have the $50 fee waived when we changed the date. 

What????? My (former) PVP said he couldn't do that! I called so many agents, and they said they couldn't do that! Unfortunately, CC prevents us from mentioning names, because I would love to have your PVP.

I guess my PVP has more information and is a producers. Anyone who has ever been in sales knows that the producers have a little more pull.  I suspect most PVPs do not last long enough to have the necessary influence to maintain a customer base. Plus over the years I have sent him other customers. 

1 minute ago, Purvis1231 said:

I guess my PVP has more information and is a producers. Anyone who has ever been in sales knows that the producers have a little more pull.  I suspect most PVPs do not last long enough to have the necessary influence to maintain a customer base. Plus over the years I have sent him other customers. 

Now, the problem is when I go complain to Carnival that others have had the fee waived, they will ask for evidence, and I cannot provide it. So, for now, I am just taking your claims with a grain of salt, as I find what you are saying hard to believe. 

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Now, the problem is when I go complain to Carnival that others have had the fee waived, they will ask for evidence, and I cannot provide it. So, for now, I am just taking your claims with a grain of salt, as I find what you are saying hard to believe. 

Ok, that is fine. I guess I have gotten special treatment.