Seaside YC now has fixed dinner seatings?

abdawson1

The YC maitre d' has always tried to steer people into picking an early or late dining time which is fine with me.  I have had problems with earlier diners lingering way after finishing their meals and affecting the later diners.  Management seems very reluctant,  but perhaps they just need to start telling people the tables are needed for other guests. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

His previous experience was with Celebrity, which has one of the smoothest 'anytime dining' operations of the mass market lines.  And Celebrity's Luminae and Blu upper-cabin restaurants have always been strictly anytime dining.  So his experience is actually good insurance against this rumor being true.

I hope you are correct.

We like Blu for the flexible seating and menu options

We booked B2B on MSC for Feb...in YC specifically for the flexible dining, private restaurant/private lounge/private pool etc

To go to fixed seating would be a huge disappointment.

First night--we get it... it's a turn around day....after that, one would hope it flows well.

1 hour ago, Até said:

The YC maitre d' has always tried to steer people into picking an early or late dining time which is fine with me.  I have had problems with earlier diners lingering way after finishing their meals and affecting the later diners.  Management seems very reluctant,  but perhaps they just need to start telling people the tables are needed for other guests. 

Honestly this seems reasonable... perhaps invite people to the lounge for nightcap and affagato in order to gently move them along

Edited by Fogfog

A lot of the time some people just misunderstand exactly what is going on.  Just like the gelato and crepes issue.  We just got off the Seaside yesterday and yes we were given a choice of an earlier or later dining time.   But, were told that we could eat anytime knowing that there might be a wait for a table to open.  We would just let our butler know what time we wanted to eat and if a table was not open we would have a drink or two in the lounge and listen to live music.  No big deal.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Honestly this seems reasonable... perhaps invite people to the lounge for nightcap and affagato in order to gently move them along

It's especially easy on Seaside where the Dining Room and Top Sail lounge are contiguous. The live music you're hearing in the dining room is the same 12 feet below!

I think that the easiest way to broach the topic would be for the maitre'd to tell everyone when boarding is to ensure a great dining experience for everyone, we would appreciate your moving downstairs after dessert and coffee. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goodml said:

Robert Balla who I believe is the current Seaside YC director just posted on the Facebook group that this info was incorrect and anytime dining is still allowed going forward.

As usual, user error.  Either the person listening or the person relaying the information had the facts wrong.  That's why I never get too excited about these hysterical postings on CC.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

It's especially easy on Seaside where the Dining Room and Top Sail lounge are contiguous. The live music you're hearing in the dining room is the same 12 feet below!

I think that the easiest way to broach the topic would be for the maitre'd to tell everyone when boarding is to ensure a great dining experience for everyone, we would appreciate your moving downstairs after dessert and coffee. 

Exactly

Have your grappa in the lounge in comfy seating. Join others, mingle...

On Cel. in Blu we try to be conscientious if we see people waiting to be seated

16 hours ago, goodml said:

Robert Balla who I believe is the current Seaside YC director just posted on the Facebook group that this info was incorrect and anytime dining is still allowed going forward.

Robert is great and works well with his crew.

He was supposed to have gone home a few weeks back but got extended.

Great that he debunked that.

15 hours ago, Fogfog said:

We booked B2B on MSC for Feb...in YC specifically for the flexible dining, private restaurant/private lounge/private pool

When are you sailing?  We are B2B on the 22nd through March 7.