Retreat Lounge

bossy_01

We recently upgraded to a Sky Suite (S3 Deck 6) via the move up program.  I have tried searching, but can’t find anything.  Are the food and drinks served complimentary if we have no drinks package?

2 minutes ago, bossy_01 said:

We recently upgraded to a Sky Suite (S3 Deck 6) via the move up program.  I have tried searching, but can’t find anything.  Are the food and drinks served complimentary if we have no drinks package?

Which ship?  Edge I assume as it is the only ship, I believe with S3.  You will love the retreat lounge and pool deck if so.  Lounge serves beverages and snacks and pool area is great private, with a pool and hot tub.  Also serves light lunch and drinks.

My only negative comment is the S3 location is typically partially obstructed view.

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

The food and drinks in the Retreat Lounge are complimentary.  The food on the Retreat sundeck are complimentary but the drinks are not.  

You pay for drinks in all other lounges/restaurants on board if you don't have a drink package, except for coffee/juices/water available in the the Oceanview Cafe.

Congrats....we loved our Sky Suite on Edge last February!  ENJOY!

Hi, we upgraded on board Edge on a back to back cruise at the beginning of January from a std balcony first week to a S1 sky suite the second week, I had the package the first week but I did not need the second week in the suite because the drinks in the retreat lounge and on the retreat sundeck are included the only drinks the second week I paid for were in all the other bars on the ship 

Congrats on your S3. On deck 6 you will have some obstruction by the Magic Carpet only when it is on deck 5. Depending on which one you have, there may be some obstruction from the Magic Carpet rails - you will still have a great view forward. You will have a nice, big balcony and can ask for loungers, if they aren't already there and will have the huge bathroom.  Having a butler is a big plus - they can help make your cruise special.

As people have said, the Retreat Lounge has free drinks all day into the evening - they do not have a visible bar as the servers go out back to get your drinks. Some bring a glass of wine to dinner (Luminae a short elevator ride below). They also have coolers with soda and waters, etc. to take as you need - the lounge is open 24/7 for self-service. There is lots of comfortable seating. They sometimes have entertainment there. The concierges there will make dinner reservations and help with issues or wants.

They serve a nice continental breakfast, tea in the afternoon and appetizers, including sushi. They have a coffee/tea maker (with other choices). We enjoyed having a light breakfast on the Retreat Lounge outside deck overlooking the water on port days.

The back stairs from the outside deck (or inside stairs and elevators) lead to the Retreat Sundeck, where there is a small pool and hot tub. There is lots of comfortable seating and a free standing bar (as people said, they will ask for your card there, but I guess some people bring drinks up from the Lounge). They have a limited lunch/munchie menu and there are tables and chairs by the bar.

Luminae is wonderful, though you can eat in Blu and the MDR as well, if there is availability. Their breakfasts are very good, lunch amazing on sea days and dinner is excellent (menu is a bit limited compared to MDR, but you can also order some daily classics like Caesar Salad, shrimp cocktail, French Onion Soup, etc). It is a beautiful space with great service.

Enjoy! 🙂

Food/Beverages from the Retreat Lounge:

image.png.d8589b0adc3e18264907e4d71ec9bb2c.png

1472042450_retreatsoda.thumb.jpg.04ebc61e0fa7c2f4c4155efbfe5e357e.jpg1324798793_lumcoffee.jpg.80c9c8efc033805b1355da1bd3c953db.jpg

Retreat Lounge Outside deck:

image.png.29e1015d25e5a61f9d389d5e3148af57.png

1912105798_retreatstairs.thumb.jpg.ec9fc56429887937755f5c4d8a89f015.jpg

Retreat Sundeck

image.png.8cbecf8dcf59e96861b49929fa8ba4d7.png

Retreat Sundeck Bar

366165547_retreatsundeckpoolbar.thumb.jpg.3afb112947f562c78f7c85478616ab31.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks for all the info.  Does the self service cooler have water available?  Was thinking on getting the drinks package, but at £1000 for the 2 of us, I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

What drink brands (wine,beer etc.) can you get in the retreat lounge complimentary?  Are the complimentary drinks (the non self service ones) available all day?

we are staying in one of the end S3 with the window in the side, has anyone stayed in one of these?

we have noticed like others that the balcony furniture is not up to standard.  Has anyone managed to get a table high enough to eat of? We like to eat on the balcony as well as play a lot of cards.

Thanks again for all the useful info!

13 hours ago, Host Anne said:

The food and drinks in the Retreat Lounge are complimentary.  The food on the Retreat sundeck are complimentary but the drinks are not.  

That has to be just on the Edge.

On the Summit both food and drinks were complimentary on the Retreat sundeck.

1 hour ago, bossy_01 said:

Wow, thanks for all the info.  Does the self service cooler have water available?  Was thinking on getting the drinks package, but at £1000 for the 2 of us, I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

What drink brands (wine,beer etc.) can you get in the retreat lounge complimentary?  Are the complimentary drinks (the non self service ones) available all day?

we are staying in one of the end S3 with the window in the side, has anyone stayed in one of these?

we have noticed like others that the balcony furniture is not up to standard.  Has anyone managed to get a table high enough to eat of? We like to eat on the balcony as well as play a lot of cards.

Thanks again for all the useful info!

The Retreat Lounge is like a big living room. 🙂

image.png.28c3268080c4d5b95f8fa91226f2edc6.png

Here is the water cooler:

image.thumb.png.ece98001a1bc268da19536bddcc19c59.png

They will probably try to stock a beer that you like (if onboard). They serve drinks all day and into the evening, unless things have changed. You could try going without the drink package and add it if it seems necessary later in the cruise (pro-rated).

Edited by vtcruising

I have been in a couple of end S3's on decks 11 and 12. It has the orange rail in the corner, but overall the balconies are bigger and the window is nice. It has the 2 chairs and little table, but you can ask for loungers. The living room has a pretty good-sized round coffee table.

This link has some balcony pictures of an S3 on deck 12:

1 hour ago, warmwinds said:

On the May 26 sailing of the Summit they taking peoples seapass card for drinks on the sundeck.  Of course if you had a package it would cover it in that venue like Luminae.  If you didn't have a package you were being charged.

I thought this was pretty tacky.  I'm hoping they have changed the policy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

On the May 26 sailing of the Summit they taking peoples seapass card for drinks on the sundeck.  Of course if you had a package it would cover it in that venue like Luminae.  If you didn't have a package you were being charged.

You may be right since we did have the package (all 4 perks).  However, they did not ask for the card at all (unlike at other bars where they take your card even though there was no charge).  Maybe it was because it was "our" waiters from Luminae working up there that day and they knew we had one...

But I agree if you don't have the package it would still be ridiculous to charge for drinks up there, to me it was like an extension of the Retreat lounge.

Edited by warmwinds

Thanks VT and everyone else for all the really useful info.  So from the sounds of it you can get any drink complimentary in the retreat lounge (beer, wine, sparkling wine, basic cocktails, night caps).

Do they get funny about you grabbing a coke or water and then leaving the lounge area?

We are also elite, so I believe we will get the 3 comp drinks per night (5-7) loaded on to our sea pass cards?

2 hours ago, bossy_01 said:

Thanks VT and everyone else for all the really useful info.  So from the sounds of it you can get any drink complimentary in the retreat lounge (beer, wine, sparkling wine, basic cocktails, night caps).

Do they get funny about you grabbing a coke or water and then leaving the lounge area?

We are also elite, so I believe we will get the 3 comp drinks per night (5-7) loaded on to our sea pass cards?

They have top shelf drinks in the Retreat, if you wish, and will try to obtain what you like, if on the ship (and within reason).

You can take the water and soda and collect them in your fridge, if you wish. You can grab water before a shore excursion too (or grab it the night before).

The Elite drinks are unlimited during that time period from the list of specific drinks in most bars. I don’t think Eden and Martini Bar are covered unless that has changed. They will let you know in your CC letter that you receive in your suite. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

We cruised on the Edge last March in a S1. It seem strange that you would get free drinks in The Retreat, but go up one flight of stairs to the Retreat Sun Deck and charge for drinks. The Retreat is lacking shade and when it rains the place floods. They must have put the drains in the wrong place.

While on the Edge, we were only charged for what would have been an upgrade to the classic package when we were on the Retreat Sun Deck and we did not have any beverage package.  I think it depends on the server.  In the lounge, we were served whatever we requested.  I believe the OP asked about types of liquors served, we requested and received Grey Goose vodka and Tanqueray gin.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, bossy_01 said:

Wow, thanks for all the info.  Does the self service cooler have water available?

Just off Equinox and the Retreat lounge self serve cooler DID have water.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:55 PM, warmwinds said: