Docking in NYC

nittany lion fan

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

At least we had the occasional rainbow to look at, even through the glass.  😄

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

Wow, missed that one. Notice though how beautiful the weather is, and that sea is not that rough, yes it was weird! What you can’t see is that you can barely stand up straight because of the wind.

Turtles, I think the wind had to have been much worse up on deck than at sea level, or the waves would have been much higher.

52 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Wow, missed that one. Notice though how beautiful the weather is, and that sea is not that rough, yes it was weird! What you can’t see is that you can barely stand up straight because of the wind.

Turtles, I think the wind had to have been much worse up on deck than at sea level, or the waves would have been much higher.

Agreed. It was definitely the wind — probably the windiest cruise we’ve ever been on. As you said, the seas were not that rough. 

On 7/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, Orator said:

I don't know that I would buy tix in advance given what happened last year. The weather in the North Atlantic can vary greatly. You might want to check some reviews and threads of the SIL crossing last year. I'm hoping for great weather, but preparing myself for rough seas and cold temperatures.

I was on last years Silhouette TA and it was indeed a rough ride.   Patio furniture was tied down on our decks for the complete crossing. 

We overnight-ed in Manhattan right next to the Intrepid.  It was a really great location and  really close to Time Square and everything else.    Don't miss visiting the Intrepid it is really interesting.