The Caribbean Princess... soon will be making another run! A live blog

amanda384

16 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Was the cat eating at your table?

Huge fan of that cat. Obviously on shore in Roatan but hysterical mixed in with the dinner & menu photos.  I would be fine with an optional dinner table cat to keep everyone company.

Port Everglades has posted a message on its website (porteverglades.net) warning of heavy traffic on Saturday due to the USS Paul Ignatius Commissioning Ceremony at Terminal 4:

"Heavy traffic and some delays are expected between 9am and 3pm. Port tenants, users and visitors are advised to avoid Northport when possible.  Cruise traffic and other motorists should enter and exit the Port using the checkpoints located at Eller Dr./I-595 and Spangler Blvd./Federal Hwy."

I hope no one has any early flights, if you do, get off ASAP!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

Huge fan of that cat. Obviously on shore in Roatan but hysterical mixed in with the dinner & menu photos.  I would be fine with an optional dinner table cat to keep everyone company.

Haha! I am sure there's a way to fix this but even though I select files in chronological order they don't upload that way.  🙂 The cat was in Roatan and he was just as adorable as he could be. I wanted to sneak him back on the ship but my husband strenuously objected.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:53 PM, amanda384 said:

Hi everyone! I'm up in the room chilling and watching the Love Boat on demand while my husband plays blackjack! Dinner tonight was amazing. I am really enjoying getting to know our dinner companions! They are not on Cruise Critic but I told them about my live blog and they volunteered to share pictures of their meals as well. I don't know Princess's formula for finding seatmates but they struck gold for us.

Honestly, this is an incredibly friendly sailing. We had pre-dinner cocktails at Crooners and ended up chatting with a fantastic older couple from Georgia. Every place we have interacted with other guests has been a pleasure.

Tonight was formal night and I found that about 80 percent of people were formal by any reasonable definition and no one was completely casual. Lots of guys in kilts, which I always think is cool.

The Broadway Ballroom show was packed and we took too long at dinner so we ended up missing it.  😞

Tomorrow we are in Grand Cayman. We are beach bums so we booked an independent excursion to Seven Mile Beach. I know we could just take a cab and wing it but my husband is very type A and wants a ticket in his hand guaranteeing us a spot on a shuttle of some kind.  Princess didnt have any beach-only excursions so we booked through Shore Excursioneer which we have used before and been happy with. Attached are menu and food pics! I tend to photograph food and beaches and not much else so if you have any photo requests feel free to ask away!

20190721_193010.jpg

20190721_193014.jpg

20190721_194712.jpg

20190721_194716.jpg

20190721_204117.jpg

20190721_204201.jpg

20190721_204213.jpg

20190721_204219.jpg

20190721_210756.jpg

20190721_211925.jpg

20190721_211942.jpg

Loving this thread! And your trip! And your photos!  I'm on the CB in a couple months, and following your trip has me so hype.  Especially the pictures.  Seems like we don't get enough photos in 'Live from...' anymore.

When you get a moment, can you snap some photo of the World Marketplace and the fitness center please.  And maybe a shot overlooking the Palazzo. And whatever else you want to shoot lol.

• Like 1

Sorry that I have been slacking on the live blog!

The ship is in Cozumel today but we stayed on. We always go to Cozumel and I like it but I wanted a day with a quiet ship.

Yesterday was the second formal night. I ordered the lobster with risotto but I was not very happy with it. I like simple broiled lobster with drawn butter and this was in a very thick cream sauce. But we had fun at our table!

Not to be overly negative but I was also not a fan of Belize.  We did the trolley tour and I am glad we got to see the city but our tour guide was very down on Belize and had a lot of criticisms.  I am sure they are valid but it had the affect of making me feel sorry for the country and wishing I could do something to help, rather than a vacation feeling.

Today we slept in and got a Sanctuary cabana for the afternoon. I know people are down on the new loungers and I do agree the ones on the Regal and Royal are more comfortable over all but these are still nice and the service is really impeccable. Our cabana includes a welcome drink per person, a mini bar, afternoon tea service, infused water, sodas, a couch and a tv but we don't really plan to watch tv out here. The sanctuary pool is very warm and it is also quite shallow, unlike the Royal class. It tops out at around 4 feet.

Tonight we are having dinner at the Crown Grill. That is always a favorite of my husband's. I'm not a huge steak person but I will probably get a lobster. I'm going to take a nap now in my lounger!

20190725_132636.jpg

20190724_195151.jpg

20190724_195138.jpg

20190724_201541.jpg

20190724_200430.jpg

20190724_201558.jpg

20190724_201557.jpg

20190725_144234.jpg

20190724_205828.jpg

20190724_204316.jpg

20190724_195121.jpg

20190724_210513.jpg

20190724_205855.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, cruiserdru said:

Do they offer whiskey flights on the Caribbean Princess in any of the bars?

That would certainly bring a smile to DH's face.

I asked about this at the Wheelhouse last night and she the CB no longer has whiskey flights. 😞

5 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

How much was the cabana? And they have them by the day?

It was $140 for the afternoon. Not sure about the full day. We have it almost entirely to ourselves right now.

20190725_151222.jpg

20190725_151229.jpg

20190725_151227.jpg

20190725_151232.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amanda384 said:

Escargot, which I cannot eat.  Sad because i love the butter sauce!

I'm jealous they served them last night. They are my favorite. 3 weeks ago, they only had the shrimp version, unless they alternate each week.

"tonight was formal night and I found that about 80 percent of people were formal by any reasonable definition and no one was completely casual. Lots of guys in kilts, which I always think is cool."

HA !

46 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

It was $140 for the afternoon. Not sure about the full day. We have it almost entirely to ourselves right now.

20190725_151222.jpg

20190725_151229.jpg

20190725_151227.jpg

20190725_151232.jpg

Did Princess always have the red air intake 'spoiler' 'wind defuser' on the top like Carnival?  I've never noticed it before.

4 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

Did Princess always have the red air intake 'spoiler' 'wind defuser' on the top like Carnival?  I've never noticed it before.

No. Carnival is just docked in front of them.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone! Scary announcement... the Captain just came over the stateroom intercom and said someone needs a "life saving blood transfusion." Thankfully a couple of minutes later he said they got so many volunteers that they don't require any more for now. I hope the poor person is okay.

Last night we were at the Crown Grill. The food and service was impeccable. They know how to do a real medium-rare. Unlike at the steakhouse on RCL where I got a hockey puck.

Today was a lazy day! I hung out by the sanctuary pool, went to the art auction, played music trivia, bought a few souvenirs and now I am waiting for a hair appointment. I need a deep conditioning after a week of sun, salt and chlorine.  #cruisehairdontcare

I can't believe we are back on land tomorrow.  I am going to post a wrap-up when all is said and done about my general impressions. Only 200 or so days until I'm back at sea!

20190725_194707.jpg

20190725_194703.jpg

20190725_202554.jpg

20190725_194947.jpg

20190725_202602.jpg

20190725_191950.jpg

20190725_194449.jpg

20190725_192001.jpg

20190725_194500.jpg

• Like 3

Oh my goodness on the blood transfusion. Thank goodness for all those volunteers. I've been on board  while in Alaska, where a passenger needed emergency surgery so while we were out to sea we turned around so a coast guard attendant could come pick her up and rushed her to a hospital on land.

amanda384,

Thanks for all the posts, looks like a great time. We're looking forward to boarding tomorrow. I believe you'll be pulling into Terminal 19, due the the Commissiong Ceremony for the USS Paul Ignatius being held in Terminal 4.  We've totally being onboard her with you, safe travels 🙂

Edited by CruiseVA

So glad you had good service in the Crown.  Our last cruise B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean we had the worst service at the Crown we have ever had on any Princess ship.  Food was pretty decent as expected, but oh the service.  We ate there twice after 730 pm.  As guests finished up around us the tables remained dirty for a good 30 minutes before dishes were taken away and the table set again.  I suppose because it was later they were not resetting the tables for other guests, but I really don't want to be surrounded by dirty tables for my entire meal!☹️

Edited by SDWalt
  • Haha 1

I got home Saturday at around 5pm from this cruise. Amanda, I loved reading your impressions and seeing all of the pictures! It was also nice meeting you and your husband on embarkation day.

We (my husband and I) also had a wonderful cruise and loved the Caribbean Princess. I've written a LOT in a separate post--with headings so you can find what interests you. Or skip the whole thing--here's the tl; dr: We'd be delighted to cruise on CB again.