Favorite Sail Away Drink?

Joe817

I normally drink beer. But I think I'll celebrate the Sail Away with something special. Maybe something more than my favored scotch & water. Maybe a tropical fruity drink, like a Hurricane. What's yours?

10 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

This will be our very first Carnival cruise.....what's in the Funship?

Funship is the drink of the day on the first day of the cruise. Servers will be walking around with trays of them.  It's a pretty good rum punch type drink.  A few of them will get you there!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wave61 said:

Looking for something different for a change from the usual mojito......what's in a lava flow?

While the Miami Vice is a swirled blend of Pina Colada & Strawberry Daiquiri, the Lava Flow is similar with pineapple, coconut and strawberry flavors swirled together, sometimes with a banana and sometimes not depending on who makes them

Frank12, you've convinced me. After intense negotiations and deliberations, my wife & I have decided to celebrate our very first cruise with a Funship Special. Takes me back to our bar crawl days when we were doing NOLA French Quarter back when we were young. Thank you all for the suggestions!

Edited by Joe817
additional info

5 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

I, too, vote for a funship.  I think they have a pretty good kick to them and are tasty.

THANK YOU for the warning about the Pretty Good Kick to them, I shall make sure to bring some biscuits with me, so I'm NOT drinking on an empty stomach. Been warned by an ex-ambulance officer about the possible nasty consequences. He told me to, "Get yourself some cookies to help absorb the alcohol and you should be safe. And ENJOY IT!"

8 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Frank12, you've convinced me. After intense negotiations and deliberations, my wife & I have decided to celebrate our very first cruise with a Funship Special. Takes me back to our bar crawl days when we were doing NOLA French Quarter back when we were young. Thank you all for the suggestions!

You will not regret it!  They are good.  Especially after # 3.  🙂

• Like 1