Spa Experiences.

EmilyColwell

Hello everyone, I have not used the Lotus Spa before and was planning on doing so for my upcoming Hawaiian cruise.

I was wondering what everyone's favorite spa treatment from Princess specifically. I have been in many spas but curious about what you like.

Also curious about if anyone has ever booked "Couples Arabian Clnse Rtul (50 Min)" can't find much about it at all.

Thanks in advance!

I've done the oxydermy microdermabrasion facial a couple times and it was very good.  Also the ionithermie treatment is pretty unique and cool.  They may give you a hard sales pitch at the end of your service to purchase costly beauty products.  Be prepared, it can get intense!  

25 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

They may give you a hard sales pitch at the end of your service to purchase costly beauty products.  Be prepared, it can get intense!  

I second on the sales pitch.  I am nice, but firm that I will not be purchasing any products.  I realize they have to present them, but I am not interested.  I understand it is a part of their job, and it is a hard job at that so I want to be kind but firm.

• Like 1

We did a couples massage and it was great! They did try to sell us stuff at the end but seemed to back down quickly when we declined. Don’t pay full price. Wait until you see specials offered. I had a bit of sticker shock when I came out of my vacation mode stopper! LOL 

I had my gel nails done and the girl did a very nice job.  But, as other have said, the people push their products.  I find this rather uncomfortable and wish they would not do that. If it were not for an emergency with one of my nails, I would have passed on the service.

• Like 1

I generally like the Hot Stone Massage best. My daughter has had her nails done a couple of times and was happy with the service. However, as people have pointed out there is always a hard sales pitch at the end to try to get you to purchase some spa products that they will try to convince you that you cannot live without. You need to be firm in your "No, thank you". Also, be aware that the spa adds an automatic 18 % gratuity to your bill which should function as the tip. There is no need to tip extra - but they do not highlight this or point it out and there is still a line on your charge slip to add a tip. Without realizing it, my daughter added an extra amount on top of the gratuity that had already been charged making an already expensive manicure outrageous. I called and made sure the bill was adjusted after looking at it and realizing what had happened. It is an easy mistake to make, especially when they aren't highlighting it and there is still a line for you to add a tip.

I've done the hot stone massage twice and totally enjoyed it. The first time I got a sales pitch and of course I was so relaxed I bought the package *eek*. Hubby was not too thrilled. 

The next time, I took the advice from Cruise Critic. I can not remember whom it was but they said that when you are filling out the paperwork before treatment put in that you do not want the sales pitch and they will leave you alone. They did.

I will be getting my next one for Christmas 🙂

Enjoy!!

I really like the Thai Herbal massage.  You can take the herbal poultices home/back to your cabin too for a great smelling room the entire cruise.  The Seaweed wrap is a bit slimy/messy, probably will not do that one again.  The regular Swedish massage is good and your therapist will apply as much pressure as you are comfortable with.  Yes, it is much more than the treatments at home, but I don't mind to splurge a bit on vacation, especially with on-board credit.

I always decline the product sales since I simply will not use them and they are really overpriced.

Hope you have a great cruise,

Love the Pro-Collagen Groom with Shave.  Neither DW nor I recommend the pedicures.  It’s not the higher price, it is the lack of attention.  Tried several times on different Princess Ships with same result.  Not much attention to the massage portion of the pedicure.

The Pro-Collagen Groom and Shave is obviously a recommendation for a man, but I like them so much, I schedule three on a 10 day, and two on a 7 day.  Definitely on the morning of the Formal Nights.  I don’t even bring a razor anymore.  It’s about an hour long, and the attention to detail is different with each Barber, which has always been a lady on all the ships that I have been on.  Some spend more time on the shave portion, some more on the massage aspect, and some more on the facial aspect.  On our European Cruise last October, I had one done on the day before we disembarked in Rome and it was so good, a waiter commented on how nice my beard was groomed.  No kidding.

Obviously, I enjoy it and I think most men would if they try it once and don’t mind the rather high price tag ($95ish on sea days, $86ish on Port Days) and a bit of pampering.

I know your question was geared more for the ladies, but hope this helps if your SO is a male.

Safe Journeys, Paul

The spa makes the cruise for us. Just ultimate relaxation. To really splurge try the 10-20-30 deal. U get 10% off first treatment, 20% off second, and 30 off on the third. But it only applies to the expensive treatments. If u just want more basic treatments try to book the port day specials. That will be cheaper. Often u can still get off the ship and make it back in time for the massage. 

The scrub rub followed by a shower then a full massage and u will float back to ur deck chair for a nice nap!

Book on the day u board or beforehand online because some ships fill the prime times quickly. 

• Like 2

I also loved the Thai herbal massage!

I have hot stone in many places so I like to try new things!

As for the "hard sell", NO one does that to me!

I tell them right before they start any treatment that I am not interested in buying anything or hearong about any products and they NEVER bother me with that sort of stuff !

Echoing what some of the others have said... massages, pedicures and facials are sublime.  The Lotus Spa does tend to have extended hours so don't hesitate to take advantage of the port day specials as a trip to the spa after a long day out can be so nice.  I do agree that they tend to push additional follow-up treatments and products after your service which never sits well with me...

I usually have at least one spa treatment on each cruise and depending on how the first one goes will decide if I want more. Every ship is a different based on the manager and staff.

Usually, basic swedish massages are fine and as expected. I tried the bamboo massage - ouch - halfway through asked her to not use the bamboo anymore. I actually had bruises on my arms later. 

Loved the seaweed wrap and massage - but yes, it is messy. My skin was so soft after this treatment.

Liked the oxygen facial the first time I had one, but on the Regal I had a very sick aesthetician who did a less than stellar job. When I mentioned to the manager that I wasn't very happy with the service she became a little snotty with me. Good thing about that though is that she couldn't talk without having a coughing fit, so I didn't get a sales pitch. Also saved me some money in that I cancelled 2 other treatments I had scheduled because of the manager.

Again, I have had fabulous manis and pedis on some ships, while on another she cut my toenails too short and also made a cuticle bleed.

Most of the time the treatments have been enjoyable , so even with a couple of bad experiences I keep going back. I have just learned to be more proactive. I tell them up-front that I don't want a sales pitch and am open with them early on regarding amount of pressure with massage, etc.

The Swedish massages have always been relaxing.  Have also done the salt glow/aromatherapy massages and been happy with them.  The seaweed massage was weird in that you got wrapped up but my skin felt great after.  When a ship has the Thermal suite, we like to enjoy that but it's been a while since we have done that because we've been cruising with friends we hang out with all day.

My husband loves to do the shave and facial massage. 

I like to treat myself at least once per cruise, but the price is much higher than land and if I want massages that much, I should just do it on land, but that's me. On Hawaii cruises it's easier to splurge since we are on the ship for so many days. 🙂

20 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Is it real Thai massage? On a mat (either on the floor or on a slightly elevated frame)? Where you wear loose clothing?

I had it on the table, in the buff.  They used two big mortar shaped, herbal poultices to massage areas, besides the deep tissue areas I needed addressed.  Very aromatice and wonderful feeling.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:45 PM, EmilyColwell said:

Hello everyone, I have not used the Lotus Spa before and was planning on doing so for my upcoming Hawaiian cruise.

I was wondering what everyone's favorite spa treatment from Princess specifically. I have been in many spas but curious about what you like.

Also curious about if anyone has ever booked "Couples Arabian Clnse Rtul (50 Min)" can't find much about it at all.

Thanks in advance!

We have booked couples hot stone message on several cruises.  So relaxing,  I usually fall asleep.