Mirrors on Summit

Jewelim333

Is there a full length mirror in the Aqua Class cabins on the Summit?  With all the talk about "revolutionizing"- I thought I read that they were taken out- but I can't confirm.

Not that it makes a difference to me- I will cruise no matter what!  I guess if no one has a full length mirror, then we can't complain about how anyone looks!

Thank you.

2 hours ago, lorimay said:

On the Summit now. Yes, there is a full length mirror on the inside of the wardrobe door.

Off topic re: mirrors, but since you are on board - can you tell me what the surface of the balcony looks like? In some pics, it looks like the old surface was redone during the revolution. It just to be a beige rubbery surface and I think now it's a faux wood surface?

11 hours ago, lorimay said:

On the Summit now. Yes, there is a full length mirror on the inside of the wardrobe door.

Another off topic question. I just posted this on the boards but, since you have first hand knowledge, were you able to take your carry on bags to your cabin as soon as you boarded.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Another off topic question. I just posted this on the boards but, since you have first hand knowledge, were you able to take your carry on bags to your cabin as soon as you boarded.

Thanks in advance.

Yes

Mirrors were available inside the closet door in both A1 and A2 all floors.   Sky Suite guests were complaining that they had to go into the hallway to check themselves in a floor length mirror.

16 hours ago, lorimay said:

I’ve attached a not great picture but it shows the balcony faux wood decking, the table and one of the chairs. The chairs do recline but no footstool. 

714B838A-E323-4F3E-9774-EBDC90BECFB6.jpeg

Lorimay,

Thank you for the picture.  I'll be on the Summit soon and wasn't sure of the balcony furniture in Aqua class.  Was hoping that decent chairs weren't replaced with the awful ones in the sky suite. Now....... the footstool problem!

1 hour ago, lolane1 said:

Lorimay,

Thank you for the picture.  I'll be on the Summit soon and wasn't sure of the balcony furniture in Aqua class.  Was hoping that decent chairs weren't replaced with the awful ones in the sky suite. Now....... the footstool problem!

I've mentioned this previously on another thread regarding the footstools. The M class aqua & concierge cabins DID NOT have footstools prior to the revolutionizing. We've said the Summit 5x dating back to 2012 - just after the "solstilization" (4 times in AQ and once in a suite), all prior to the update and never, ever were there footstools (with the exception of the deck 11 aft cabins that were added during the "solstilization") - so to be clear, it's not something that the cruise line giveth on M class, and then taketh away.  Also... the M class balconies are not as deep as the S class balconies, so I am not sure there would even be room for them even if X decided to add them.
*See attached photo - Summit AQ cabin 9038 (larger, angled balcony), circa 2015. No footstool. Nice table (and cute husband!), though.

PS. Thank you for the photo Lorimay!

Summit 9038.jpg

Edited by bhughey
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Mirrors were available inside the closet door in both A1 and A2 all floors.   Sky Suite guests were complaining that they had to go into the hallway to check themselves in a floor length mirror.

I read recently that all mirrors were removed from all Suite (S) class staterooms when a VERY important guest complained that the mirrors made her 60+ year old body look pudgy in her bikini. 🙂

• Haha 1