Earlier assurances, can we still expect them?

Alakegirl

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Yes, i inrended this to go on the Q and A thread and got it in the wrong place.  If nothing else, this might point people to look at the Q and A

Lots of good questions on the Q&A thread but so far no answers.  I guess LLP is busy.

15 hours ago, cruisesport said:

this is at the top of this page, lets make sure we ask her..

417665876_ScreenShot2019-07-23at4_29_22P

Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen

We are so pleased to welcome Lisa to the Cruise Critic forums for the first time ever! Lisa will be visiting intermittently through August 12, 2019, to answer questions from community members about the #CrewUpWithWomen initiative, or anything related to Celebrity Cruises, so ask your questions now!

Why does the cynic in me think that most of the topics that have been hotly debated here on the Celebrity forum will be passed over in favour of the #CrewUpWithWomen initiative? 

I'll be very happy if I'm wrong though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Lots of good questions on the Q&A thread but so far no answers.  I guess LLP is busy.

It says she will be intermittently visiting on August 12th. So I wouldn't expect any answers till then. There will also be far too many questions for her to answer effectively during her time on here. Be under no illusions too that a PA will have cherry picked the ones she reads. :) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mynki said:

It says she will be intermittently visiting on August 12th. So I wouldn't expect any answers till then. There will also be far too many questions for her to answer effectively during her time on here. Be under no illusions too that a PA will have cherry picked the ones she reads. :) 

Actually it says she will be intermittently visiting "through August 12".

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mynki said:

Why does the cynic in me think that most of the topics that have been hotly debated here on the Celebrity forum will be passed over in favour of the #CrewUpWithWomen initiative? 

I'll be very happy if I'm wrong though. 

It is not cynicism as opposed to knowing the audience involved and current postings... LOL

Sometimes some readers have issues with reading comprehension and entitlement to the exclusion of the topic at hand as published, I think 'or any other' phrase is what catches the most eyes.

Which ultimately is fine, for many.

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

3 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Yes, i inrended this to go on the Q and A thread and got it in the wrong place.  If nothing else, this might point people to look at the Q and A

It was  a bit confusing figuring it out at first

Can't hurt to mention it again here!    Hope they  bring back better water in place of the stuff in metal btks they had on EDGE

I would hope LLP focus on Celebrity  rather than challenging other brands  and world wide companies for  diversity.  Improve the Celebrity experience, keep rather than lose the loyal cruisers, and bring in cruisers.  That will enhance profits.

19 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

It is not cynicism as opposed to knowing the audience involved and current postings... LOL

Sometimes some readers have issues with reading comprehension and entitlement to the exclusion of the topic at hand as published, I think 'or any other' phrase is what catches the most eyes.

Which ultimately is fine, for many.

Cheers and bon voyage

My thoughts :-

The regular Celebrity cruisers are given the opportunity to engage with the CEO of a cruise line they're heavily invest in. They have the perfect opportunity to ask some intelligent and well thought out questions for the benefit of the wider community. That is a very good thing IMHO. 

Then we get snidey and rude remarks from impatient people. 

Threads get hijacked by a known bigot and homophobe with their own agenda. 

Those who have been highly critical of the individual concerned start posting sycophantic comments in the hope they will be acknowledged. 

People are asking for a free cake..... 

If we're ever on the same sailing we're going for a beer or ten. I think we'd have an awful lot to discuss! lol 

Edited by Mynki
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mynki said:

My thoughts :-

The regular Celebrity cruisers are given the opportunity to engage with the CEO of a cruise line they're heavily invest in. They have the perfect opportunity to ask some intelligent and well thought out questions for the benefit of the wider community. That is a very good thing IMHO. 

Then we get snidey and rude remarks from impatient people. 

Threads get hijacked by a known bigot and homophobe with their own agenda. 

Those who have been highly critical of the individual concerned start posting sycophantic comments in the hope they will be acknowledged. 

People are asking for a free cake..... 

If we're ever on the same sailing we're going for a beer or ten. I think we'd have an awful lot to discuss! lol 

Without question Buddy... we have lots to discuss and ruminate on as the waves splash on the bow of the ship, for sure..

I welcome the opportunity to do so..

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

I would hope LLP focus on Celebrity  rather than challenging other brands  and world wide companies for  diversity.  Improve the Celebrity experience, keep rather than lose the loyal cruisers, and bring in cruisers.  That will enhance profits.

Hmmm, Our experience on X does get better with each sailing, are there some misses along the sailing, of course, will they sink the Brand for us, NO.

Unlike a few others who agree with your sentiments and vocal points about 'diversity', WE along with most of our travel companions and those we meet aboard X are liking the efforts made in this area.

Hopefully, we can personally continue to bring new cruisers to X as usually most of our travel companions have never sailed X before. I Am happy to say most of them do enjoy the experience and a few have returned with others planning to as well.

Our contribution to support the stock pricing... 😊

bon voyage

I think LLP will focus mostly on the #CrewUpWithWomen initiative as that is the primary stated objective of the Q&A.  But she might review the other questions and comments, which would also be a good thing even if she does not publicly respond to all of them.  Of course she will also have assistants probably writing responses but hopefully she will approve them or edit them.  It begs the question of whether LLP occasionally and privately peruses the Celebrity board here on CC and gets the heartbeat of her customers on issues??

• Thanks 1